Day Four, Morning of Day Five

Seven Days of Him

At lunchtime, he was still standing in the doorframe, looking like a model, like he used to. We didn't really talk though when going to lunch. I didn't really know what to say. I had been too harsh on him, I guess, but I still didn't feel ready to apologise. I guess he didn't know what to say either, or he just gave me my space.

Anyway, we ended up going to the canteen in lack of conversation, and if the others noticed our mood they didn't comment on it. I spent the remaining of the lunch mainly polishing my Chinese with Yixing, and Sehun also talked to others.

I didn't really like the way it had been during the lunch. It felt forced, and we had way too little time left for me to still be grumpy and stubborn, yet we didn't talk on the way back either.

We didn't talk after school either, on the way back home. He followed me, like a good boyfriend, but besides that we did not seem like a couple. We both kept our distances, and not even when we arrived at my place did we really talk. We just waved goodbye and went our separate ways.

 

I had taken the free time to try and get some homework done, though I couldnt stop thinking about Sehun. I felt even worse as the timwäe passed. No homework was finished as I just couldnt focus. Instead I went to bed eaely, hoping that the sleep would take my guilt away. That didn't work either.

The clock was around 1 am when I decided to call him. No thoughts struck me that he might actually be sleeping.

"I'm sorry", I said when he answered the call. "It was childish of me to get upset by that kind of thing. Such a small thing, it should be considered sweet, I guess. I'm sorry."

"No, no, no", he said. It did not sound like he had just woken up, luckily. "Or well, I approximate that you are apologising,  but you're not the one in the wrong. I know I shouldn't have lied to you.  I'm just... Kind of new to this thing with inviting someone over..."

That shocked me. I assumed he had girls over all the time, as he had been dating constantly for quite some time now. I guess I was wrong.

"What?" Was all I could manage to say, as my mouth hang open slightly. He wouldn't see it, but he could probably hear the surprise in my voice.

"Surprised?" He then said. I could bet that there was a hint of enjoyment in his tone. "I also have firsts with you."

That statement made the butterflies in my stomach move, quite a lot to be honest.

I couldn't actually stay mad after that. We all make mistakes, especially when we are doing new things. I shouldn't be mad at him for that. Suddenly a thought struck me.

"Let's go on an adventure!" I exclaimed, a lot happier now.

"It's 1 am", he said with a voice filled with doubt. “Where could we really go?”

I pouted, even though I knew he couldn’t see it.

“Just go out. Seize the day”, I tried to convince him.

“The day hasn’t even started yet.” He still felt doubtful, but his voice got  a lot softer, and I felt like it wouldn’t take much more to convince him.

“Come on”, I sang, now in a completely different mood than I had been previously. “I can’t sleep, and considering you are also up right now, I don’t think you can either.”

He grunted as an answer, which made me feel like I had won this time.

 

About half an hour later he was standing outside my house. I was also there, facing him.

“So?” He asked. He looked like he was wondering why he agreed to my stupid suggestion. Though on the same time he didn’t really look like he wanted to be somewhere else, which made me happy.

“Let’s go on an adventure”, I sang in a sing-song voice. “Anywhere is fine, we’ll just find something.”

At that tatement he laughed. “So you don’t actually have a plan?”

“No, should I?”

It felt good that things were almost back to normal, or they might be. I’m not really sure what is considered normal for us, but the problems we had experienced earlier was definitely not a problem anymore.

I decided to grab his arm and pull him along, just anywhere.

“Where are we going?” He still kept on pumping me for information that I didn’t have.

“No idea.”

I smiled at him, and he finally accepted the fact that we had no plan. For a while, maybe 20 minutes or so, we walked in silence. It was not that kind of awkward, forced silence, but a comfortable silence. The one where you didn’t feel like you had to say anything, you kind off just co-existed.

“Do you often do this?” He asked, and finally broke the silence that had been surrounding us.

“No”, was my answer. “Well, I wish I did it more, I guess. I like walking. And I like the night. Combining those two things is really nice. I do feel insecure walking too late by myself though. I usually keep to the really close neighbourhood where I know there are a lot of people around when I walk at night.”

“Do you actually get scared like that?” He asked. It wasn’t mocking in any way, it was rather concern his question was filled with. “I’ve heard about it a lot, to be honest, but I guess it’s kind of hard to imagine it as a guy.”

I nodded. “When I was younger I didn’t think about it too much, I guess. I was carefree. But now, when you hear about terrible things all the time, I get really nervous when I meet people walking in the streets alone, and I tend to avoid big groups of people, late at night. It probably won’t ever happen anything to me… but I can’t help feeling anxious, still.”

“I can’t imagine what that feels like”, he answered and trailed off.

I hadn’t talked to anyone about this before. I’ve heard people talk about it, and you can read about it everywhere, but I felt like I had really exposed a sensitive part of myself to Sehun just now. I also appreciated the way he had reacted to it. He hadn’t made my fear feel dumb by telling me not to worry, nor had he ridiculed me. He had just simply listened to it, and accepted it.

I realised now that I had started walking closer to Sehun. I could feel the warmth of his arm ooze to mine. It was only thin cloth that separated the skin of our arms right now, as there was barely any distance between us at all. I wanted to close that distance even more.

I didn’t.

Nor did he.

However, we kept on talking, about anything and everything. We literary went from talking about how Pluto lost its status as a planet to our favourite animals. We laughed, we joked, and we were serious. It was enjoyable.

When one of us, I’m not really sure who of us realised it first, looked at the watch we had been out for two and a half hours, which meant the clock was around 4 am. This was not good news, as apparently we both had classes in about four hours.

“I mean, I want to skip… but I’m not that kind of person”, I started. “Unless I’m in my bed dying I don’t think I can skip, to be honest.” I had never skipped a class before, except for when I was seriously ill, so it felt bad doing it because… I had been out all night with a guy.

“Me neither”, he told me. “One thing I am very strict with, and that is skipping classes. I can’t let myself skip classes because I am with someone else.”

His words surprised me, yet it was nice to hear. He took things seriously, even though he seemed to have quite a carefree personality. He had ambition.

“So…” I hesitated. “What should we do?”

“I don’t want to be shameless… but my house is closer than yours, from here. We could go home to me and sleep for a while, before we get ready for school.”

I did feel tired, and the suggestion of sleep was very tempting. So tempting that I didn’t really think about the fact that he had suggested us to go to an empty house, together, to sleep.

“Sounds like a good plan”, I agreed and we started to walk towards his house in a rapid pace.

 

I woke up with a pair of arms hugging me tightly. I could feel them wrapped around me. Even though we were lacking a blanket over us, his body heated mine. I felt comfortable, and it was even kind of cozy. I did not want to move from this position, as that would probably wake Sehun up, but my phone was buzzing, indicating it indeed was time to wake up. The night before, we must both have fallen asleep on the couch when we got to his house. I was so tired I did not feel like bother with anything, and my guess would be that he was as well.

When the phone had been buzzing for almost a full minute I could finally feel Sehun move behind me. He started it by stretching out the arm that was relatively free around my waist, and then he realised his other arm was stuck under something. Me.

“Oh”, he then quietly said.

When he said that I quickly moved, allowing him to stretch his other arm as well. I went up and got my phone so I could turn off the alarm.

“Well, I guess that’s my cue to leave”, I said to the boy on the couch, who looked adorable when he was drowsy. He hadn’t fully woken up yet.

“Oh, god”, he exclaimed, most likely because he realised the reason why I had to go. “I really don’t feel like going to school.” Yup.

“Me neither”, I said and giggled. “But I gotta. And I also have to go home before that, which I feel even less like doing. Need my uniform.”

“Oh, god”, he repeated. “I really feel for you. I only have to go to school, and I barely even feel like doing that.”

I laughed. “I wish I only had to do that. But, it was fun. Earlier. I definitely don’t regret doing this.”

“Oh, really?” He asked, and in an extremely handsome way raised one of his eyebrows questioningly. “Then what about staying here, and have some more fun?”

As he asked the last question he grabbed my wrist and pulled me toward him, making me fall on top of him.

“Oh my god!” I shouted in panic. What if I crushed him? “Are you okay?”

I was using a very loud voice, right in his face, before I realised how close we were. Before I could move, Sehun pushed a hair strand, which was tickling his face, behind my ear. I started to blush, thingking about how much this was like one of those dramas you see on TV. And so, I started to giggle.

“What?” he asked and smirked, seeming unfaced by my bodyweight on top of him.

“Nothing”, I answered, trying to wipe the smile of my own face.

“Really now?” He persisted, as he was smiling teasingly. “You sure there’s nothing?”

After hesitating a little, as I was still giggling, I decided to tell him.

“Okay”, I started. “This… Kind of reminds me of those scenes in dramas. It’s almost like being in one.”

“Almost?” he asked and once again raised one of his eyebrows, in that y way. “Then how about now?”

Before I could ponder too much on Senhun’s words he suddenly came even closer to my face, his lips eventually locking with mine. Too chocked to do anything I stayed still, with my eyes open, just like in the dramas.

It felt like he backed away all too soon, even though it had had to be at least a minute passing by. And as he slowly backed away, as far back as he could before his head collided with the pillows behind, I could see a full smile plastered on his lips. I felt a blush spread on my face.

“Well…” I started, having a hard time finding the words to say. “Err… I guess?”

I hated my ability to become speechless at any given moment so easily. He laughed at my response.

“Even if I wanted to stay, which I do, to be honest, I have to go to school”, I finally managed to make some sense after getting some time to sort my thoughts.

“Yeah, you’re right”, he said. He looked a little bit disappointed, but I might be mistaken.

I eventually gathered my things and said good bye. As I went out from the house he told me we would see each other at lunch. I couldn’t wait until lunchtime.


Now I have finally posted everything I've written so far. Except for a part which will probably come much later, but I wanna posit it alreadyyyyyy. I'm so proud of that part, and I can't show it for at least like three chapters T_T Ohwell, I haven't actually proofread this, so if there's werid things.. well have fun laughing at them.

Love you all who leaves nice comments, it is really what keeps me updating, I need the motivation~ And I love all of you who have subscribed as well. IT makes me feel proud.