Day Two, Ddeokbokki

Seven Days of Him

I arrived a school quite early, alone. He hadn’t come. I kind of felt a little bit bad about what I did yesterday. He probably only meant well, but I felt like a bother if I had let him walk me both to school and back home. I didn’t want to take up all his time and make him forsake his studies.

He hadn’t even sent a message, though, which made me feel even worse about my behaviour yesterday.

I didn’t know whether I should send him a message and apologize or not, but before I had made up my mind I was disturbed by another presences in the classroom. As I arrived that early I thought I was going to be completely alone, so that I could do some of the studying I was too distracted to do yesterday. I was wrong.

I was just going to sit down and mind my own business when the other person in the classroom started talking to me.

“So, how was yesterday?” Chanyeol asked, seemingly being in a better mood this morning than he had been yesterday.

“What can I say?” I asked, still unsure about his actual mood. “It was nice?”

“Nice? Is that all you have to say about your first date?” he teased me.

“What do you mean by first?” I said ferociously. “I said I had never had a boyfriend before, that doesn’t mean I haven’t been on a date.”

He lifted his eyebrows.

“Well then, have you?”

At that I just made a face showing my disapproval in his assumptions, unable to deny them.

“That’s no –“ I started, trying to defend myself, only to realise that I would have nothing to say in my defence. “Okay, fine. I am a complete in every aspect of life. Happy?”

He laughed at me, seeming very pleased with himself for getting me to say that.

“So how was mister Dreamy, then?” He asked when he had stopped laughing.

“A lot sweeter than you.” Burn.

“Ouch”, he said, feigning feeling hurt. I eyed him suspiciously.

“Why should I tell you? I don’t even know you.”

“Fair point. I’m just trying to hold a conversation.” He gave me an innocent smile.

“Try better next time”, I came up with so many good burns, in my opinion, and there was not even anyone around to witness them. “I have to study now.”

I pulled out my chair and sat down at my desk. I quickly unpacked my things and opened my books.

This time I was completely devoured by the books I had failed to study the day before. I didn’t even notice that the other presence in the room had moved seats until it was too late and I almost fell of my chair when I saw a face that close to mine without warning.

He had sneaked up in front of me when I was focusing on the books. His arms were now rested on the edge of my table, with his chin on top of them.

“What are you doing?” I almost shouted, remembering last minute I was in school.

He pretended to ponder my words for a while.

“Good question”, was the only reply I managed to get out of him, eventually.

I decided to just ignore him, and he decided to stay in the same place.

Haeni arrived a few minutes before the lesson was about to start, and when she did she ran over to me. She leaned in to whisper in my ear. At that point, all I could think about was how Sehun had done the same thing. When she finally opened , I was brought out of the trance, back to reality. “What is he doing?”

“You tell me”, I answered without whispering. “If I knew I would tell you. But I’m not even sure he knows what he’s doing.”

At the last statement, I put out my tongue, hoping a little bit for a reaction. It is fun teasing other people.

“I’m just sitting here, looking handsome”, he said with a pleased smile.

“Really?” I asked him. “When are you gonna start?”

I finally made a sick burn, and someone was even here to witness it. Laughter erupted around me and I felt like I had won on the lottery, or something similar.

Chanyeol had enough confidence to not actually be bothered by a remark like that. He was handsome enough, and also well liked enough to have nothing to worry about.

He got up. Right before he was going to go to his own seat he patted me on my head, just like Sehun had done yesterday. It felt different, though. I couldn’t pinpoint exactly why, it was just not the same.

Haeni started asking questions about yesterday. Before I started answering them I took a moment to finally send Sehun a text again.

I’m so sorry about yesterday L Lunch?

I never got around to see if I had gotten a reply, as Haeni bombarded me with questions and the teacher came way too soon.

 

When the clock finally hit 12 it was time for lunch. I was just about to take out my phone to see if I had gotten a reply from Sehun when I realised he was already waiting. I was relieved to know that he didn’t take the goodbye yesterday too badly, as he still came to me today.

Before I did anything else I ran over to him and greeted him with a deep bow. “I’m so sorry.”

“Oh my god, you need to stop apologizing”, he told me while grabbing on to my shoulders. He brought me into an upright position and looked straight in to my eyes. “You have nothing to apologize for, I had a great time. Have some more confidence in yourself and who you are.”

“I am confident”, I answered him. “Just not… with you. You make me nervous… kind of?”

“Was that a love confession?” he teased me.

I raised my voice to reply. “Dream on!”

Before we could continue the conversation Haeni came up to us. “Yesol, they are serving ddeokbokki in the canteen today! Our favourite!”

Deokbokki was really my favourite food of all, and it was unbelievable that I had found another human being who loved it equally as much as me. I seldom ate it, so that I wouldn’t get tired of it, but every time it was in the canteen Haeni and I basically ran over there to get a big portion each.

My euphoria of the possibility of eating ddeokbokki quickly faded, as I remembered I was going to have a private date with Sehun this day.

“So excited”, he smiled at me. “I would almost take you for a five-year-old-girl who was going to eat ice cream with her parents.”

“Mean”, I said him.

“Too bad we have our lunch date today”, he said in a matter-of-factly kind of way.

Haeni looked on both of us. “Oh sorry… But Yesol really loves ddeokbokki”, she pleaded for my sake.

He now had two girls pleading him to change his mind, even though I never vocalized my wishes. Both of us looking pathetically at him.

“We could go to a ddeokbokki restaurant”, he started and then paused. “But we could also go to the canteen.”

He gave in, a lot quicker than I expected, really. It made me once again feel guilty, but also really happy.

“If you want to go to a restaurant”, I started, “then we can do that. I will not break a promise. I really enjoyed meeting your friends, though. They were fun. “

He looked like he was thinking hard. “Nah, I’m kidding. We can go to the canteen, if it makes you happy.”

“But I don’t want you to be unhappy”, I told him. I was on the verge of telling him sorry, when I remembered he didn’t like that.

Haeni didn’t care. She grabbed both of our arms and dragged us all the way to the canteen in the speed of light.

“Now neither of you have to feel bad, I was the one who made the decision.”

Haeni was a really tough girl. Often quiet, especially in bigger groups, but she was a friend that always had my back, and one of the funniest people I had ever gotten to know.

When we stood in line my stomach started to growl.

“I don’t think you would have been able to wait on the food at a restaurant”, Sehun laughed.

“Her stomach always gets like that when she is about to eat ddeokbokki”, Haeni pointed out, revealing one of my secrets. “It’s like her stomach has a sixth sense.”

They both laughed at me. My best friend and my boyfriend was ganging up on me. I kind of found it funny as well, I just didn’t want to admit it since they were in it together against me.

We didn’t really have to decide where we wanted to sit. Since Haeni was with us we wouldn’t be alone anyway, so we just went straight to the same table we had been eating at yesterday.

“Wow, it’s unusual to see Sehun go to the canteen twice in a week, even more so, twice in a row”, Baekhyun teased when we got to the table. “When was the last time that happened?”

“I can barely remember….” Jongin said while pretending to be shocked. “It must have been years…”

Everyone started laughing. This time I didn’t feel as out of place as yesterday. I realised Haeni did though. I nudged Sehun in the side, hoping he would take the hint. I didn’t feel like it was my place to introduce someone new.

“This is Haeni”, he quickly said. “Friend of Yesol.”

She greeted everyone very formally, and received very informal greetings in return.

We all sat down, this time there were not three seats in a row, so Haeni sat down between Jongin and Baekhyun. Since she was the new toy today they turned all their attention to her, asking her the same questions they did to me yesterday.

After making sure HAeni was okay with the two very curious guys I started to make some small conversation with Yixing, this time remembering he wasn’t my date.

“Question time”, I said as I turned to face the person right beside me, Sehun. “What do you want your tombstone to say?”

When I asked the question, he recoiled. Not by much, but enough to show that he was taken aback by the question. I had succeeded once again.

“Have to say that is a slightly morbid thing to ask”, he said, quickly regaining his composure. “To be honest, I have never thought about it before… Such a hard question. I don’t actually know.”

He seemed to be thinking hard, and I appreciated that. He could have just jokingly said something, but he gave my question some serious thought.

“I want something….”  He paused. “About being remembered. I want to leave a trace when I leave this earth. I want to know I have made some kind of impact on it.”

I nodded. I liked his answer. “You definitely will be remembered. It is more a question of how many, because every day you interact with people you are impacting them in a way or another. I mean, not everything has to be major to be remembered.”

“True”, he agreed, giving it some more thought. “I want to be remembered by a lot of people, though…”

“You will be. I might not be too fond of the fact that you have dated so many girls, but I can assure you that you have had a major impact on at least half of them, if they are like me.”

He seems intrigued by my words. “Only half of them?”

“Well”, I started to explain myself. “I would have said all, but I mean…. You’ve got enough confidence as it is. So half it is.”

Yixing had listened on our conversation, and he seemed to have understood it, as he laughed out loud looking at us. I giggled with him, feeling proud of myself to have made someone laugh.

“I don’t know if I like you any more”, Sehun joked. You’re starting to become way too similar to the people around this table, and you’ve barely known them for 24 hours. I don’t even want to know where you’ll be at the end of this week.”

“Then let’s break up”, I said playing along with him.

The moment I said that everyone around the table – except for Kyungsook who was too busy with his phone – turned their heads to me.

“You really are one of a kind”, Baekhyun said chocked.

“Noone has ever broken up with Sehun before a week has passed”, Suho filled in.

I was chocked hear those words. I thought it was only a rumor, but for these people to point it out it must have been true.

“Well, someone’s gotta be the first one”, I said and laughed.

Luckily Sehun understood my joke and played along with me. “Nah, Imma keep you. Forever.”

I knew it was just a joke, but I was still happy to hear it. Not that I really believe in that things will last forever, but the words made me feel appreciated. I smiled at him. “Deal.”

Chanyeol pretended to vomit before he started talking. “Guys, you’ve just been together for two days. It’s not yet time to get a hotel.”

Once again everyone laughed.

“Guys, let’s go to noraebang”, Jiwon suddenly suggested when the laughter died down. I had remembered to ask Sehun about everyone’s names yesterday, and by now I was fairly sure the person speaking was in fact Jiwon.

 


Yooo guise~ Finally day two!

tell me what you think of the story so far, or like if you want it to be a certain way, or like believe something vill happen or just naything really, hahaha. I'm really really curious~