Day Three, Cooking class

Seven Days of Him

I was looking at the magnificent house in front of me and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Sehun lived in a grand villa, like the ones you see the chaebols in dramas living in. Not only was it grand, but also incredibly aesthetic. Even if I sold all my organs, my whole family’s organs, I don’t think I would ever afford a house like the one I was looking at.

“I didn’t actually think these kinds of houses existed in real life”, I mumbled for myself.

Sehun must have heard me because he laughed.

“It’s not that amazing”, he said. “You are exaggerating.”

I might be… but it is still a very grand house.

We walked through the well-kept garden to the entrance of the house.

“I don’t know where you’ve been, but this house and garden is amazing”, I commented. The flowerbeds were perfectly kept and the colours mixed in a pleasant way for the eyes to look at.

“It’s really not that special”, he said, almost looking a little bit embarrassed.

“You’ve seen where I live, it’s an apartment.”

He smiled at my amazement and grabbed my wrist. He started pulling me along like he was impatient for us to get in. I followed obediently, almost skipping after him. Partly just to keep up with his speed, but also because I was in a really good mood.

“If you like the outside you’re gonna love the inside”, he said. “My mom likes to decorate... and well, considering it is her profession she’s good at it.”

When we stepped through the entrance doors I was not disappointed. The entrance was more magnificent than the outside and I couldn’t stop my chin from dropping, making an o-shape with my mouth.

“Told you so”, he teased while shoving me in the side playfully. “But we’re not here for you to adore my family’s impeccable taste. You shall teach me how to cook, master.”

It took me some time to fathom all the new impressions I got while walking inside of the house that looked like it had just been in a shoot for an interior magazine. We eventually got to the kitchen, and I was one again not disappointed with the way it looked.

“So, what are we cooking?” Sehun asked.

“Well, do you have any ingredients at home or do we need to go to the supermarket first?” I asked.

Sehun opened the fridge to answer my question. All I can say is that the fridge matched the house. It was filled with colourful vegetables, as well as basically anything else you would need to cook a delicious meal. It all was stacked in neat piles, and looked like a piece of art.

“Okay, I guess we can start cooking”, I said, a little bit taken aback. “Wash your hands.”

He listened to my command, and I also followed it myself, when he was finished.

“Still, what will we be cooking today?” He repeated his question, as I hadn’t really given him a reply the first time he asked it.

“Hmm”, I said thoughtfully. “What about pasta with tomato sauce and mozzarella? It sounds delicious, yet it is easy to make.”

“That sounds good”, he answered and nodded approvingly. “What do we need?”

“First, we need to boil the water for the pasta, and then we can prepare the sauce”, I told him. “You have to know how to boil water, otherwise I do not know what to do with you.”

He nodded, almost looking offended, as he took out a pot and filled it with water. I couldn’t find things in this kitchen, and so I just let Sehun grab everything needed. He still seemed to know where to find things, even though he never had cooked before.

“And now?” He asked, after placing the pot on the stove.

“Now we need to cut the tomatoes, and prepare the broth and such. But let’s start with the tomatoes.”

He went over to the pantry and got them out, and picked up a knife on the way back. There was already a cutting board placed neatly on the table. At first I didn’t notice, because it blended in to the interior so well, but when I finally was made aware of it, I could see that it actually did have a function in being placed there.

“I would offer myself to cut the tomatoes”, I started, “but the reason we are doing this is because you are supposed to learn how to cook. So, get cooking.”

He smiled at me and agreed. He quickly started to try to cut them. By using the word “try”, I really mean that. It looked dangerous. I had to stop him before the knife slipped and he hurt himself.

“Wait, wait, wait”, I said, as I placed my hands on his in a manoeuvre to stop him. He looked up at me questioningly, not knowing why I had stopped him. “It looks dangerous.”

“What do you mean? I’m literary just cutting tomatoes.” He didn’t seem to react to me placing my hands on his, not until I did.

I quickly retracted my hands, and I could feel a blush spread on my cheeks.

“Wait, let me show you how to do it.” I walked around the table and took the knife from him.

He moved a little to the side, though he was still standing very close, as I started to cut. I demonstrated exactly how he was supposed to cut it in a safer way and then looked up at him. He seemed to have understood, but when I handed him the knife, he didn’t fully take it. Instead he placed his hand on top of mine, as he reached around me, almost giving me a back-hug and grabbed the other hand.

“Show me again”, he whispered in my ear. I could feel his breath on my neck, the warmth of his stomach on my back, and the security of his embrace all over my body.

At first I was completely frozen in my place. I was shocked. I liked it, though. Eventually, I regained my posture and I started to move like I had before he had made his move. I could almost feel his teasing smile plastered on his face. He knew he had gotten to me, and he now knew what effect he had on me. The same effect he probably had on all the girls when doing this. I didn’t want to care at this moment, though, so I pushed those thoughts away.

He didn’t move until all of the needed tomatoes were cut.  I felt kind of disappointed when he eventually did move, though. I lost the warmth against my back, the security of the embrace, and the butterflies that had been piling up in my stomach suddenly disappeared.

The rest of the cooking went smoothly. No more misshapenness, and he really seemed to know his way around the kitchen.

“You actually do know how to cook”, I pointed out, suspiciously. He was washing his hands under the tap water, and entwining those long, slender fingers, almost distracting me from my line of thoughts. The smell of almost a finished cooked tomato sauce was now filling my nose. It smelled as delicious as it usually does. “You didn’t even have any problem with the garlic… which should have been a bigger issue than tomatoes.”

He looked at me and smiled. “Surprised?”

“You said you couldn’t cook, that you had a private chef. You lied.” I felt a little bit betrayed. He had lied to me. “We said only truth.”

“We do have a private chef… though he’s not here all the time. I’m sorry”, he said and looked shamefully at me. He then turned around completely and took a step forward, closer to me. “I just… I was too embarrassed to ask you over. I wanted you to come here…”

“Then you should have just asked!” I was shouting. I didn’t even realise it myself, until he winced a little from my loud voice, as he was standing so close. I backed away. He met my eyes and I could see how they were filled with regret. Too late. I already felt hurt. We said no lies, and he had betrayed that trust, for the smallest of lies.

I could see him again trying to get closed to me, and I could see his mouth moving, but I did not want to hear, nor see. I turned around and took the bag I had left in the hallway on the way out. I did not turn back.

 

Later that evening I went out with Haeni for a walk.

“How was it?” She asked, immediately when we met up. I didn’t even get a greeting. Though, I guess that is quite typical of her, straight to the point, no wasting of time.

“He… was not as bad as I expected him to be,” I said. “I couldn’t believe it when he first mentioned it, and… I guess I was right. He truly knew his way around his own kitchen. He eventually admitted that he knew how to cook, and said it was only a way to get me to come over. He was too embarrassed to just ask.”

“What? So you mean… He lied to you?” She asked, first a little bit chocked, before she broke out in a big smile. “That is so cute!”

“What do you mean?” I asked, now really confused. “ He lied to me, that is not cute.”

“That is cute”, she said again. “I guess even the great Sehun has some areas he is not used to. And he seems to like you.”

At her remark I could feel small, small butterflies start moving around in my stomach, though they quickly disappeared. I reminded myself that all of this was pretend, and that he had lied to me.

“Nah”, I answered her with a smile. “Don’t say that, I might think that he will actually change for me. Besides, he lied.”

“I’m not kidding”, she said, this time more serious. “You hugged him, and you should have seen his reaction.”

“What?” I asked, curious about what she saw that I missed. “It wasn’t anything special.”

“No, you should have seen it!” she kept convincing me. “His eyes went wide at first, but then his face turned a little bit red.”

“Haha, that’s really no reason for him liking me”, I laughed. “He was probably just shocked, I should think more carefully about doing a thing like that again.”

“Okay, so I’ve been a fan of him for a while”, Haeni confessed. “And I’ve never seen him have that reaction with anyone. Either he looks like he doesn’t really care when the girls try to seek skinship with him, or he declines them carefully before they’ve barely even touched him. He is very reserved.”

“You’ve been eyeing him and not even telling me about it?” I asked, shocked. “Now I feel terrible for dating him. You should have told me!”

I looked down, feeling shameful. I was supposed to be her best friend, and she didn’t even tell me this. I didn’t know about it.

“Nonono”, she started to assure me while she grabbed my arm. “I don’t mean it as in I am head over heels for him, I’m just seeing him as a… I don’t really know, idol? Anyhow, I’m just really happy for you. I don’t mind what so ever.”

I still didn’t feel completely convinced, but I should trust my friend’s words. “Okay… but still, I feel bad.”

“Don’t”, she said with a smile. “But, you’re avoiding our previous subject. He likes you.”

“You’re not basing that on anything”, I couldn’t believe it. What would make me different from every other girl? “You’re just saying that because you are my friend.”

“Trust me, you are special”, she said as she kept on clinging to my arm. “You should trust me, I have more experience than you.”

“But he lied”, I kept on complaining. I really didn’t like what he had done.

“Are you serious?” She asked, now having a somewhat annoyed expression on her face. “We all make mistakes, and to be honest, he did it because he didn’t know what else to do. We all make mistakes when we start with something, and you said he said it was his first time. You really shouldn’t hold that against him. It was such a minor thing, and to be honest, I found it cute how he didn’t dare to confess it to you.”

I didn’t really like it, but Haeni was right, somewhat, I guess. I’ve probably made, and probably will make even more mistakes, whit this dating thing. Maybe I shouldn’t be too hard on him. I didn’t really want to admit defeat though, and so I just mumbled something as an answer.

 


Not too pleased with this, but w/e, I felt like I really needed to update as it was quite some time ago last time ;; I guess not really much happened in this chapter, though hopefully there will be more action too. And I'm sorry if there's any weird spellings or grammatical mistakes in this, like half of it was written on a phone TT

Btw, I really love getting comments, so thank you guys for leaving them~ It is what keeps me writing sometimes!