It's Monday

Seven Days of Him

I heard the screaming at the gates, the ones you hear every Monday morning before class. The girls shrieking in expectation of Oh Sehuns arrival at the school gates. He is the personification of a guy from one of those cheesy romantic dramas you see on TV every day. Not only is he handsome enough to become an actor, he is also from a good family, and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything bad about him. Even the girls he dumps still adores him afterwards. Might be because of his seven day-rule, they already know what to expect… or he might just be too perfect.

Like half of the girls at this school has been out with him, mostly because of his stupid rule. Needs a new girl every week, which sums up to 52 girls in a year. I really don’t understand it, but I guess you can do like that as long as you’re good looking, or rich… which he is both.

“Wouldn’t it be amazing to be his girl for a week?” Haeni, the girl who sat beside me, said dreamily. “Even if it’s just for a week, it is a time filled with joy.”

“I can’t lie”, I replied. ”To have someone as faithful as him, right beside me… I guess that would be nice. To have someone at all, for that matter, would be an upgrade.”

“Ah, you sound so pessimistic”, she answered me with a laugh. “To be honest, I can’t believe you still have not even had a boyfriend. You’re 16, for goddess sake.”

“Well”, I started, a little bit annoyed, “it hasn’t been by choice. No one have ever asked me out on a date before.”

“Oh my god, you’re really spoiled. Did you ever consider that you, yourself, should make the effort and do that instead? We live in a society where it is okay for the girl to ask a guy out, not like during the 18th century.”

I sighed and rested my head on top of my arms on the desk in front of me. Sure, I wanted a boyfriend. Some people might not feel like that is important, but being the only one left who doesn’t have the experiences that comes along with having a boyfriend, really . “Even if I was the one to ask”, I started, “the boy I ask would just reject me. I bet even Sehun would.”

“Dude, he goes out with everything that is able to talk”, she joked, forcing a laugh out of me. “Why don’t you try asking?”

“Dude”, I copied her. “He’ll be arriving soon, and it takes way too long to get down there in time.”

She nodded her head in defeat. We might just be on the second floor, but he would be arriving any minute now, and I was not ready to make the effort, especially since I was expecting a rejection anyway. It wasn’t worth it. “Well, maybe next time then.”

“Coward”, I heard someone from behind saying. As I turned around, kind of taken off guard by the words I realised it was Chanyeol who uttered them. The usually happy-go-lucky guy, who spent most of the lessons sleeping on the desk.

“’Scuse me?” I said, this being probably the first time ever talking to him. I had been admiring for afar for a long time. I find him cute, but I have never made an effort to talk to him. I felt slightly appalled that this was his first words directed to me. “Was it me you were talking to? It’s rude to listen on other people’s conversations, you know.”

Completely disregarding my words, he continued. “You’re just making excuses. If you really wanted a boyfriend you could actually put some effort into it.”

He did not have the perfect personality, like Sehun, obviously. Though he was usually a happy-go-lucky kind-of-guy, he did have his moments of not so much greatness. I guess I was exposed to one of them right now. He was really cute though. Large eyes , looking innocent even when insulting someone, and a hair that just wouldn’t lay completely flat, really charming. His eyes were the same colour as his hair, slightly lighter than what the brown hair usually was on Korean people. It looked so perfect. But I was not to be distracted by his good looks. He insulted me.

“Fine”, I answered him. I was going to prove him wrong.

I went over to the window and opened it. My timing was impeccable, luckily, as I precisely managed to time it with Sehun walking towards the gates of the school.

“Hey!” I yelled, making the crowd of girls at the door go silent. I don’t think anyone has ever done what I was doing at that moment, at least not during the time I had been attending this school. Since Sehun was a year above me, someone might have done it last year, but that was not within my knowledge. I looked over to Sehun, hoping to have caught his attention. Since he had stopped walking I assumed I had. “It’s Monday, will you go out with me?”

Everyone was quiet. I am pretty sure a lot of the girls that had gathered around the gate also gave me some burning looks while the dead silence spread. I felt like I had walked in front of people in a line to buy something. I think they felt the same.

“Gutsy”, he yelled back. “Sure, what’s your name and what class are you in?”

“Lee Yesol, class 1-3.”

Oh. My. God.


Yeah, this first chapter was kind of short. I will make sure to give you longer updates in the future. I kinda just didn't want to leave the story  with only a description. That is just really boring.