day one

Subjects 3XO

Byun Baekhyun, day one 8:52

I woke up in a white room. The walls, bed, door, window, they were all white. They were so white it hurt when I opened my eyes.
I got up slowly, my limbs felt heavy and stiff. It was like I had been sleeping for a month. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised. This room isn't mine.  I couldn't describe that room even if I tried but I know, this isn't it. The floor was cold underneath my bare feet. It wasn't until then that I noticed what I was wearing. The pants were long and seemed freshly pressed, so did the shirt that looked more like a dress shirt than something you would sleep in. Along with that came a watch. Like everything else in this room they were white.
As I walked towards the door I felt just how stiff my legs were. Every step sent jolts, like needles, up from my feet to my thigh. I almost felt like crying out in pain, thankfully I didn't.
"Good morning, Mr. Byun." A metallic voice, it sounded female, said from somewhere in the room. I looked around, searching for its source. "I'm afraid that's of no use," the voice said, "my voice is coming through speakers placed throughout this room. We were expecting you to wake up today. Your clothes can be found in the drawers on the right hand wall from the door. Enjoy your stay." I looked at the wall they had told me about. Sure enough I saw drawers at the bottom. I pulled one open and was met with more white. The drawers were white on the inside and so were the clothes save for the shirt collar. I could see numbers and letters sewn into the fabric. 3XO 04. I didn't know what that meant. The clothes looked much like the ones I was wearing except these came with shoes. Still, I put them on. Something about leaving this room wearing what I had slept in seemed... weird. The clothes felt like paper even though they were clearly made from some sort of fabric. I took a deep breath as my heart pounded in my chest. My hand was on the doorknob of the far-too-white door. As it turned I held my breath, not sure what to expect on the other side.

The other side looked much like what was inside. The walls and floors were white. It felt like a maze since there seemed to be a turn every 5 meters. The corridor I was in seemed to go on forever. The watch vibrated slightly and I looked down at it to see instructions in the form of an arrow pointing to the left hand end of the corridor and so I walked there. My steps made small clicking noises on the floor that I wasn't sure was stone or some other material.
When I reached the fourth turn, the watch vibrated again. This time the arrow said to go right. I looked down the corridor and saw a staircase. It felt weird taking instructions from a watch. Especially one that I was quite sure didn't belong to me. The other option, however, seemed to be not following the instructions and getting lost inside this maze of a building.
By the time I got to the final destination, my feet were tired and I was close to panting. The destination seemed to be yet another plain door. My hand was on the handle and pulling the door open before I knew it. The room behind it was even more plain than the room I had woken up in, if that was even possible. There was a table and one chair. A glass of water and a lamp whose cord had been cut off stood on the table. I carefully walked inside and the door shut right behind me. As soon as I had sat down on the chair, I heard the metallic voice again.
"Welcome, Mr. Byun, to your test." The same metallic voice I had heard in my room appeared to be here as well.
"What-what kind of test?" I asked nervously. I had no memory of ever being here before yet I was getting a familiar feeling.
"Please turn on the lamp." The voice ordered. I looked at the lamp. The task was impossible, the cord had been cut off.
"I can't do that."
"Please turn on the lamp."
"Didn't you hear me? It's impossible." I was coming to the conclusion that I was going insane. I was sitting in a room that was whiter than the rural countryside in a blizzard, talking to a voice that might as well only exist in my imagination and it was telling me to turn on a lamp.

"Nothing is impossible, Mr. Byun. Especially not here."
"What is 'here' anyways? Is this some kind of mental facility?" The likelihood of me being admitted seemed to be increasing with every second I spent in here. It felt like I was going crazy.
"This is the testing facility. You are very special, Mr. Byun, this is the room where you will find out just how special you are. Please turn on the lamp." I wasn't sure what the voice was expecting. There was no way to turn on the lamp and on top of that, there was no need. The room was perfectly lit although I wasn't sure where the light source was. I was, however, completely certain that it was not the lamp on the desk.
"And how do you suppose I do that?" I leaned back in my chair with a huff. That metal voice was starting to make me seriously irritated.

"That is for you to find out, Mr. Byun." 
"And for you to know, I suppose?"

"That is correct. Please turn on the lamp."
"Is that the only thing you know how to say? 'Please turn on the lamp'." I mocked.

"I obviously know how to say many things, Mr. Byun, or has our correspondence been misleading?"
"Yes."
"I thought myself to be very clear. How have I been misleading?" That was the moment I considered myself completely off the wagon. The metallic voice sounded... concerned.
"You keep telling me to turn on a lamp but. How. Would. I. Be. Able. To? If you haven't noticed, the cord's been cut off!"

"That shouldn't be an obstacle for you, Mr. Byun."
"Listen, weird voice I'm hoping isn't in my head, I do not have some sort of super power that turns lights on and off without the use of electricity!" I was seriously annoyed by that point. Whoever that voice was seemed to have a deep lack of basic understanding of physics.
"If you won't co-operate Mr. Byun then I'm afraid you'll have to return to your room." The voice suddenly sounded stern, or at least as stern as a metallic voice could sound.
"Fine!" I shouted. As soon as the word had left my mouth, the door opened. I took the hint and left the room.
Instead of an empty, white hallway like I had expected, I was met with two men wearing a uniform similar to a SWAT uniform. As you can probably guess, it was white. They lead me back through the maze of hallways and doors to one that had the same marking as my shirt. 3XO 04.