They came in the morning

Subjects 3XO

Byun Baekhyun, March 28th 6:22

Have you ever felt hunted? Like someone is watching your every step, hiding, waiting? Do you ever hear footsteps approaching but when you look around, you're alone? If you have then you'll understand how I feel. Only, I know someone's there. I know someone's watching me. It started a few weeks ago. The following. I was on my way home from a friend's house. That's when I felt it. Someone was watching me. I didn't know where they were watching me from but they were. That's about the same time all these strange things started. The first time was at home. I remember it vividly.

The TV was on. A game show was playing. Some idol whose name I can't remember had just finished scoring his team the winning goal when suddenly, it was as if the power had been cut off. Except, it wasn't. The only thing that went out was the lights. The TV was still on, the laptop on the coffee table was still charging. At first I thought that the bulb had just gone out but when I went to the storage closet, the bulb in the hallway was also out. It seemed suspicious so I checked the other rooms and sure enough, the lights were out there as well. The only possible explanation was that there was an electrical issue. That is, until they suddenly came back on.

That was the first time. There have, of course, been other times but that's the one I remember best. It wasn't long after that when I noticed Them. I keep telling myself that I'm just being paranoid. That this is all in my head but the fact is, it's not. It's not in my head. It's quite real and it's terrifying me. It feels like they're coming for me. Of course, that would be ridiculous. Wouldn't it?
Someone's at my door. I don't want to open it. It could be Them. The knocks are getting louder. They might break down the door. Although, that might be the plan.
They're here! They're inside! They're coming for me! They're