SCENE #9

A Scene To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

See you after a month~

 

 

 

 

“Welcome back Colonel Kwon.” The General saluted for Jiyong.

Jiyong shook hands with him as soon as they landed, “Thank you General, Colonel of team 88 Kwon Jiyong greet you.” he saluted back.

He friendly tapped on his shoulder with a warm smile, “What brought you here son? We’ve really missed you in the army the past years, you were one of the most unforgettable soldiers in here.”

“I thought of living my life that I wanted to before entering the army, but now I heard about this case and decided to join in and put an end to it to rescue more innocent lives.”

“Anyways welcome in our team Colonel, and you’ll be informed by the schedule for today by Captain Kim. For the residency, he’ll show you now your hotel room.”

“Will I be able to access the information about this case?”

“Of course, looking forward to work with you again Colonel Kwon.”

 

Jiyong turned to see Tae chatting with Captain Kim, “Tae-ssi, let’s go now.”

“…and here’s the hero of the story here!” he concluded.

“What are you talking about all the way here?”

“He was telling me some of your heroic adventures.” She looked at him with impressed eyes, “How can you quit such an amazing job, and lock yourself in that dark office?”

“Since it’s something I wanted to do. And it’s not like I didn’t like this job, but I wanted to try as much as I can and test my limits.” He explained, “Since I answered a question, I have a question for you too later.”

“Sure.”

 


Tae and Jiyong reached their hotel with Captain Kim.

“Are you sure?” Captain Kim asked the receptionist, “Alright, wait a minute..”

“What happened?” Jiyong asked.

“Since it’s a holiday season, all the rooms are reserved, they don’t have one at the moment.”

“We will go to another one nearby no problem.”

“There’s only two hotels in this area, and I already checked that with her and it’s the same all full.”

“Sir, I just got a call from a customer and he just canceled his reservation of a suite. Would you like to reserve it for you?”

“How many beds does it contain?” Tae asked.

“Let me check it for you please…” she looked into it, “One king size bed ma’am.”

“Alright we will take that please.”

“Sure sir, take a seat and I’ll follow you with the key in a moment.”

“What? She said it have only one bed.” Tae protested.

“Then would you like to sleep in the streets instead?”

“No, but we can’t sleep in the same bed yet.” she lowered her eyes, “Like you know, we aren’t in that type of relationship yet.”

He pinched her cheek, “I ordered another bed little girl.”

She stopped for a moment before entering the elevator with them, “Why didn’t you tell me then?” she yelled.

“To let you imagine these dirty thoughts.” He whispered into her ear with a smirk.

Tae’s face turned tomato red.

 

When they reached the door of the suite, Captain Kim noticed, “Ms. Tae, are you alright? Your face is burning!”

“I’m F-Fine.” She shuttered.

While Jiyong from the next side giggling alone naughtily.

 

When they entered the suite, it was incredibly beautiful.

A two floored suite, with a stunning view and a spacious area to do whatever you want while getting enchanted by this view.

“Wow! We just wanted a place to sleep, and you got us this? I really don’t want to get out from here!” Tae went running around just if she were in her daughter’s age.

“Be careful, you may trip!” Jiyong told her and went to rest down a bit while chuckling at her.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Tae peeped out her face from the other room and asked him cutely, “I’m hungry.”

He chuckled once again, “Come and order whatever you want.” He gave her the tablet of the suite that had the menu of the restaurant also.

“Oooh~ this world is just getting better by the time.” She reacted and took the tablet to shut her crying stomach.

 

As the food came, Tae already had a shower and Jiyong went in after her.

“Boss! The food is here. Hurry up, or I’m going to eat it all!” she warned.

“Eat, eat!” he came out in his bath rope, while his other hand drying off his hair ily just like if he was filming a CF or a drama at that scene. “I’m afraid to wake up someday and see you eating me!”

Tae started hiccupping after watching him like that.

“What happened? Are you alright? Swallow down slowly…” he tapped on her back gently.

She couldn’t get any better but to burn out with heat from his touch once again.

 

 

After they ate and everything, Tae came out to the living room to see Jiyong siting there alone. “What are you doing?” she asked.

“I’m reviewing the case before going to sleep.”

“Let me join you…” she sat beside him, and took some of the documents that Captain Kim enriched them with.

But not so long after that, her phone rang.

“Umma~” her daughter’s voice echoed in the whole suite, as she popped out from her mother’s phone in a video call.

“My little panda~” immediately a smile were drawn on her face. “What are you doing? Are you with grandma and grandpa?”

“Yes, I’m going to go to school right now.”

“Ah right, we have some time difference between us.”

“Umma, why did you go off suddenly like this?”

“I… I…” Tae’s eyes got teary and her voice got muffled as she saw her daughter’s sad face.

“Uh, your mother came to help ajusshi in something.” Jiyong took the phone from her.

“Ajusshi, you’re with my mother?”

“Yes, we have a coming project this year, and I had to take your mother with me to help me with the preparation of it.” he smiled at her, “So you have to listen to your grandparents and take care of yourself as a grownup girl. So we will come back fast with your gift that you wanted. Deal?”

“Alright. Deal.” She called before ending the call, “Ajusshi!”

“What little panda?”

“Please take care of mom.”

He smiled at her warmly, “Don’t worry, I’m already doing that.” He assured her.

“Bye-bye~”

“Bye~”

 

“I have a question,” Jiyong asked as Tae calmed down and returned to review the case with him.

“Sure, go ahead…”

“Why is this case related to you? You said a family member of yours were a victim from this case, right?”

She nodded while sighing. “I guess I have to tell you so we can solve this case faster right?”

“You’re not forced to answer Tae.” He told her.

“10 years ago, my sister were a detective here in New York’s police.” She started narrating her story, “After few years of being in that job, she got married to her collage mate that is a detective too. They were known for their overflowing intelligence, my sister were honored couple times from the white house for her amazing work skills of solving the cases really in a brilliant way and faster than anyone else.”

Jiyong was listening seriously.

“Then one day, this never-ending case got assigned for them after a new victim’s corpse got revealed as always. They worked and worked and worked for 4 years already trying to find this criminal. But they couldn’t or they did but it was too late for them to reveal it.”

“What do you mean by too late for them?”

“6 years ago, I got graduated from the university and came home to celebrate with them, so I took my nieces and waited for them in front of the house in the yard. But then suddenly… suddenly…” she started tearing up hardly.

Jiyong wrapped his arm around her and kept tapping on her shoulder so she would calm down.

“I’m sorry, I got emotional out of sudden.” She dried off her tears. “Where were I again? Ah right, suddenly an all-black truck vroomed and…” she took a breath, “…and flew them away right before my eyes.”

Jiyong’s heart wrenched upon hearing Tae telling this to him after hiding it down in her heart for the past years alone.

“So, you’re saying that this truck’s driver is that criminal?”

“Yes.” She was so sure of it.

“Why? How can you be so sure of it?”

“Since no one would want to kill them more than him.”

“What if it was another criminal from a case that they had before?”

“Then they wouldn’t hide themselves the same way this criminal did.” She made a point, “They already knew their faces so if they really wanted not to show their face, then they would just wear a mask. But here, he painted all the windows with black and also the truck’s licenses number were colored in black too.”

“It doesn’t make sense 100%

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter