SCENE #10

A Scene To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A flash back about what happened earlier,

 

Tae took the diaries of her brother-in-law and her sister and headed toward their suit with Jiyong.

Jiyong looked into Tae’s brother-in-law and Tae searched in her sister’s diaries.

 

“Did you find anything?” Tae asked after she finished reading the 5th diary.

Jiyong were so impressed, “No, but there’s something unique in this man.”

“What?”

“He writes everything in blue, but then point out some words in red…”

“Oh, my sister did the same too…”

When they said that, they realized what they just said!

“It’s a message!” they both declared.

They read the red words alone, “He’s…an….old…man!” Jiyong read from Choi Jongsuk’s diary. “Write these down on the window Tae.” He ordered her.

Tae wrote it down.

“He’s…half…Korean…half…American!” Tae took that from her sister’s diary.

While searching throughout these diaries, every sentence follow the other with a time difference of finding them in these old books.

“This…criminal…is…a…male!”  

“The…criminal…is…the…same person…from…25 years…ago.”

“Wait here’s another one…” Tae said, “This…man…punish people…who…did…wrong!”

That left them speechless.

“So they did knew about this already!” Jiyong said, “Why would they hide it?”

“Oh, there’s another sentence left for you…”

Jiyong read it, “He…killed…all…his…family!” that was a little bit shocking for them, “Look, he drew something over here…” it was a group of people, around 2 males and 3 females.

“from the drawing it looks like this is the…father, mother…” she looked at it carefully.

“As the two other people drawn under them, so it’s supposed to be his siblings…”

“Or his children!...”

“What?”

“They said that he’s an old man, at that age why would he kill his siblings? They didn’t do anything, but my instinct tell me that these two are his children.”

“So these two that are added to them on the side are…”

“My sister and her husband!” Tae said with shock.

Jiyong couldn’t believe this situation.

“Tae, this is just a hypothesis, we’re not sure of anything in here.” he wrapped his arm around her.  

She lifted her head up when a wind suddenly blew in from the balcony and the papers started flying around.

“Hold them fast!” Jiyong told her and went to close the balcony’s door.

“J-Jiyong…” she called with fear. “…I think I know the suspect!”

“What are you talking about?”

She pointed at the diary over there.

He went and checked it up, “The…criminal…is…someone…we…” and then the rest side of the paper was ripped off.

“The…criminal…is…someone…we…are…related…to!” Tae completed. “When they did the autopsy to my sister, they gave me this piece of paper, the one that complete this, I didn’t know what it means. But now…”

“So are you saying that this criminal is someone you’re related to?”

“An old man, half American half Korean. Killed his children…” Tae concluded, “There’s a man that just fill this description…Mirae’s grandpa.”

“Are you saying that Mirae’s grandpa killed his children that’s meant by your sister and her husband? But what about the rest two people?”

“That old man killed his only child, and then killed his grandson Choi Jongsuk with their wives.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“He’s old, and he’s half American half Korean. In all our knowing we don’t know another man than him that fits these descriptions.” Tae looked at him, “I have always were alarmed from him, you have to believe me Jiyong…”

“Why?”

“Since in the funeral he didn’t shed a single tear toward his only grandson. And then he didn’t even care about Mirae or anything that’s related to him. He even gave me all the responsibility for his shares and his companies.” Tae added, “Above all this, he do travel around a lot.”

“Alright, let’s check him out.”

 

They did some researches and all but there was nothing at all about him.

 

“That’s makes us suspect him more.”

“Alright then, let’s go to the police station tomorrow’s morning and ask for their cooperation.”

 

BACK

 

“Grandpa,” Taeyeon called.

The cyber team started recording this call and trying to locate his location.

“Uh Taeyeon,”

“Where are you now? At Korea?”

“Why?”

“I want to talk with you about something.”

“I’m in US right now, you can delay it till I return. Or you can tell me right here.”

“Oh, I’m US too.” She acted, “Should we meet tomorrow?”

“Alright sure, I will send you the location.”

“Take care grandpa.” She ended.

 

Jiyong her hand gently from aside trying to comfort her.

“Alright, we got his location. He’s in a country side. Right now.” They reported.

“Send a team to watch over him.”

“Are you sure of this?”

“100% sir.”

“Alright you have our trust Col.”

“We will do like this…” Jiyong and Tae told them their plan.

 

The promised day came.

Tae went to the café she should meet her grandpa at.

“Oh, how are you grandpa?” she bowed down.

“What brought you here?”

“I had some work with Hollywood here.”

“Ah, you really work hard my dear.”

“Grandpa, what do you want to drink?”

“Americano would be enough.”

“Sure I will get it.”

Tae went to order.

In that time, the police were distributed everywhere. On roofs, streets between people and even the helicopter was waiting at the building next to this café shop.

“Here you go,” she served him the coffee.

“What did you want to say?”

“Grandpa, do you remember my sister?”

“Uh, why?”

“I wanted to ask you, where were you that night when she died?”

“Why all of sudden?”

“Just, I need to know this. since I have a coming drama to film and I have a character that goes with the same role as you, but I’m lacking in how to direct him to act his role. I want your help.”

“I was at work.”

“But it’s was Sunday.” She attacked.

“Really? I’m over 70 my dear, my memory can’t load something from that time.”

“Can’t you try remembering it? I really need to know.”

“I don’t know.”

“Then do you know why there was flower petals on them when they died?”

“There was none.”

“How did you know? You weren’t there.”

“Really? What’s wrong with my memory?” he laughed awkwardly.

“Then if someone hit his wife in front of his child, does he deserve killing for?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Why don’t you know? You killed him already.”

He stared at her.

“Tae-ah, what are you trying to say?”

“Grandpa, no Choi Minseok-ssi. Why did you kill your family?” she started tearing, “Why did you kill your one and only grandson and his wife?”

He tensed up.

“Is it because they found the truth about you? You were afraid that they will catch you as the murder for 20 years already back then?”

“Tae, I don’t know what you’re talking about right now-”

“No, you know, and know it really well.”

“Kim Tae!”

“Choi Minseok!” she shouted back. “You’re the criminal.”

“Stop it!” their voices grew louder.

“Tell me why did you kill your son and his wife!”

“I said stop it!” he took out his gun.

“Tae!” Jiyong jumped from the next chair. All what could be audible the next moments was the penetration of bullets into that elder’s body.

 Jiyong had Tae wrapped in one of his arms, while the other busy with finishing his gun’s bullets to be buried into that old criminal body.

“Jiyong what did you just do?”

“We didn’t get the evidence that he’s the criminal!” the general came in shouting.

“No sir, we just found it.”

After solving the mystery diary of Tae’s sister and her husband, Jiyong and Tae found some clues about the possible hideout of this old-fart.

“The alpha team just reported that they found out his hideout, with all the evidence we want.”

“Clear this trash out.” Jiyong said.

“Good job Col. Kwon.” He tapped on his shoulder as he exited with Tae in his arms.

 

“Are you alright?”

“Can I do something?”

“Sure,”

She took the gun from the general waist and emptied it all at that oldie.

“But-”

“Please leave her.” Jiyong stopped them from preventing her.

“This is how you take a real revenge then.” He commented. “This life is really scary.”

“They were right when they said, “You enemy is always beside you.” the old quotes are never wrong.”

“Let’s wrap this out.”

 

Jiyong went in, and took that gun from her hands.

“Let’s go now.” He leaned her toward his chest as she was about to pass out in his arms.

“So is it over right now?”

“Yes, you did a great job Kim Tae.” He hugged her, “It’s all over.”

“We did it done because of my sister and my brother-in-law.”

“I can’t deny that.” He her hair. “They found evidence against him, just at where your sister and brother-in-law guessed.”

“Now, I think they will be able to rest in peace.”

“They must be so proud of you.” he smiled.

“I missed her so much!” she cried her eyes out like a little girl.

 

There were they, Kim Tae and Kwon Jiyong. hugging while shedding tears in the middle of all this mess.

The medical team taking the corpse out, while the police officers controlling the media and the citizens from entering the crime scene.

The Alpha team was collecting the evidences they found at the countryside house they located last night, as they followed the hints the deceased Kim Hyunjoo and Choi Jongsuk left.

By that this case got wrapped up. The police caught all the possible accomplices in this murder case from this old man acquaintances. And started investigating them.

 

“We would be honored to thank this excellent colonel that we’re always proud of and gift him this insignia of bravery.” The president announced.

Jiyong went out and accepted this budget.  

“And we can’t forget this brave woman.” He added, “Even though she’s a normal citizen, but she played a courageous role that many men out there couldn’t do.” He sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter