Unhappy

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

Daehyun and Baekhyun were still upset about their parents setting them up with people they didn't like. Their parents talked them into giving the other person a chance. They also learned the truth behind their dates. Each father had been bought off to give their sons to their new partners. Daehyun and Baekhyun were in disbelief that their parents were so desperate for money that they would rather have their sons be unhappy than be with the ones they loved.

Both families had standards for their sons. They wanted nothing less than the new partners their sons were with now. Daehyun and Baekhyun had to put up with their new partners whether they liked it or not.

Daehyun paid very little attention to Youngjae during his free time. He would either lock himself up in his room and study. Or he would try to get extra hours at work so he wouldn't have to see his parents or Youngjae.

Daehyun really wished he was old enough to move out on his own so he could do what he wanted. 

Every time Daehyun saw Youngjae, Youngjae would be showing off his new expensive toy. Youngjae would buy gifts for Daehyun, but Daehyun wouldn't use them. He didn't want to be bought with useless things. But buying people off is all Youngjae knew. Most people enjoyed the gifts Youngjae bought for them. But Daehyun wanted no part of it.

 

Baekhyun was just as miserable. The more time he spent with Chanyeol, the less he felt loved and appreciated. Chanyeol only really liked Baekhyun for his looks. Any time Baekhyun wanted to talk to him about something important, Chanyeol would either change the subject, or start making out with him to get him to be quiet. 

Baekhyun tried so many times to tell his parents he didn't like Chanyeol. But his parents wouldn't listen.

He had to go for months being Chanyeol's toy. It's not how he wanted to live.

Baekhyun's grades started slipping because he started getting depressed. Chanyeol tried to help Baekhyun get his grades back up, but their tutoring sessions only ended with Chanyeol kissing Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun would always push him away whenever he kissed him. It always pissed Chanyeol off.

'Stop it!' Baekhyun glared at him.

'I'm not doing anything wrong'. Chanyeol put his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders.

'Don't touch me!' Baekhyun removed Chanyeol's arm.

'Stop being like that to your boyfriend'.

'I'm not your boyfriend'. Baekhyun kept glaring at him.

'According to our parents you are'.

'I don't care what they say. I'm not yours. I'm going to find the right boy for me some day. And it's not you'.

Baekhyun stood up and went to his room. Slamming the door behind him.

 

*A few months later*

Baekhyun had finally had enough. He tried to put up with Chanyeol, but he couldn't do it any longer. He was done being a toy.

After everyone had gone to bed, Baekhyun started packing his suitcases. He tried to be as quiet as he could. 

Baekhyun snuck out of his room and made his way down the hall. He made it to the door and slipped out of the house without being caught.

He didn't know where he was going, but he made sure it was far away from his parents and Chanyeol.

Baekhyun walked around in the dark trying to find a place to stay. He thought of staying at a friend's house, but was afraid they'd turn him in to his parents.

Baekhyun made his way to the park and sat down on the bench. He soon layed down and fell asleep.

 

Daehyun got up and got ready for work. He wanted to leave the house as soon as possible. He wasn't talking to his parents much these days. He wanted to leave before they woke up.

Daehyun left for work and started walking. He didn't have a car yet. He was still saving up for one. So for now, he had to walk.

He had to cut across the park to get to work. He saw someone laying on one of the benches. It wasn't uncommon. He saw that all the time. 

He got closer to the person and saw it was a boy around his age. He couldn't tell if the boy was homeless, a runaway or passed out drunk. But then he saw a couple bags next to the bench. He realized the boy was a runaway.

Daehyun started to think running away from his parents and Youngjae might not be a bad thing. But he didn't have time to think about it. He had to get to work. He quickly walked away from the boy and made his way to work.

 

Baekhyun got woke up by the cold. He tried to curl up, but he didn't have blankets. All he had was a jacket. He sat up and looked around. 

He remembered he fell asleep in the park. Baekhyun picked up one of his bags and looked for his wallet. Luckily he still had some money on him. He decided to go look for a place to eat.

As he walked, he heard his phone ring. He pulled it out of his bag and saw a couple missed calls from his parents, and from Chanyeol. Baekhyun sighed and put his phone away.

Baekhyun soon found a café that was open and went inside and ordered.

He got his food and sat in the corner away from everyone that was in there. As he ate, he tried to figured what to do now that he was free from his parents and Chanyeol.

He needed to find a place to stay, and get a job.

Baekhyun stayed at the café for most of the day. He soon left and started heading back to the park. He wanted to find a hotel, but didn't have quit enough money on him.

 

Daehyun started walking home from work. He made his way to the park and saw the boy from this morning walking over to the bench. He was surprised the boy was still there.

The boy looked at him as he passed, but they didn't say anything to each other. Daehyun just kept walking home.

 

Baekhyun stared at the boy that just passed him. He had never seen him before, but then again, he didn't know everyone on this side of town. 

 

For the next couple days, Daehyun kept seeing the boy sleeping on the park bench. He started worrying about him not having a place to stay. But there was nothing Daehyun could do. He didn't have a place of his own the boy could stay at.

But Daehyun noticed the weather was getting colder, and the boy only had a jacket to keep him warm. He felt bad, so one morning on his way to work, he took a fleece blanket with him that he got from Youngjae. The boy was curled up in a ball asleep when he walked passed. Daehyun stopped and put the blanket over the boy. The boy didn't wake up. Daehyun stared at the boy and smiled to himself before going to work