Blind dates

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

Jung Daehyun was a happy, hardworking guy. His parents taught him to be grateful for everything he had. He studied hard in school and worked hard so he would be able to get a high paying job once he graduated.

He enjoyed working during his free time from school and improving his skills. He didn't have a care in the world till his parents brought someone home for him to meet. Daehyun was confused at first till his father cornered him.

'Now son, your mother and I didn't want to do this, but we think it will be a great opportunity for you'. His father said.

'What opportunity?'

'I've pulled a lot of strings, and your mother and I found a wonderful young man for you to be with.'

Daehyun's eyes got wide. 'What? Why?

'He comes from a rich family. You wouldn't have to work so hard like I did to provide for your mother'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I don't have a say in this?'

'I really think you'll like not having to worry about your financial future'.

'I enjoy working. I don't have a problem providing for myself'.

'Son, I'm not going to beg you to do this. I'm ordering you to meet him'.

'You can't do that'. 

'I can and did. His father and I already agreed for the two of you to meet'.

'I can't believe this'. Daehyun sighed. 'I want to find my own boyfriend. Not be forced to be with someone I don't know'.

'I'm thinking of you and your future'.

'You think I can't find the right person on my own?'

'Not someone that's up to your mom and I's standard'.

'When did you get like this?' Daehyun looked at him confused. 'You've always taught me to work hard and provide for myself. You wanted me to be happy like you and mom are'.

'I still want you to be happy. I really believe this is the right thing to do'.

Daehyun shook his head in disbelief and stormed away from his father. He didn't want to hear any more.

 

Byun Baekhyun was a happy, carefree person. He was always looking to have fun with everyone he knew. He was very social person. Always looking for someone he could connect to. But that was his biggest problem. Even though he had friends, he couldn't find the right person to connect to. He felt like he would never find the right person for him.

Baekhyun's parents liked to spoil him. They always tried to give him what he wanted. He had everything he wanted, except the perfect guy. 

His mother went to his room after he got home from school.

'Baek, we need to talk'.

'What is it?'

'I think your father and I have found the perfect gift for you'.

Only thing he wanted he didn't have was a boyfriend, but his parents wouldn't be able to buy him that.

'Your father called and said he's bringing someone home for you to meet'.

Baekhyun was confused. 'A friend?'

'Sort of...He found someone who wants to be with you'.

Baekhyun looked at his mom surprised. 'Who?'

'It's the son of someone from his company. Said he's a great guy. He thinks the two of you would be great together'.

'But...you're setting me up on a blind date? Why can't I find my own boyfriend?'

'Honey, you haven't had the best luck finding someone. So we thought it would be good if we helped you'.

'I thought you'd want me to focus on school instead of boys'.

'Of course we want you to focus on school. We just think this boy would be able to help you with your studies.'

'Oh...' Baekhyun looked at the ground. 'You just want me to have a tutor'.

'Your grades haven't been the best lately. So he can probably help'. His mom smiled at him. 'I can tell you're not completely happy. Maybe a boyfriend will help'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I want to find my own. Not be fixed up'.

'Your father is good friends with this guy. So just meet this boy'.

'Fine...'

Baekhyun kept looking at the ground. This was not what he wanted to hear. He wanted to wait and find the right guy by himself. He knew most of the guys in his neighborhood and didn't think any of them were boyfriend/husband material. They had too big of egos. Very materialistic, and not loving. He wanted someone who listened to him, loved him, and treated him right. Someone he connected with. He wasn't going to find that here...