Relief

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

Baekhyun reached over for his call button to call the nurse, but he felt Youngjae's hand on his.

'Don't'. Youngjae said.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'What are you doing here?'

'I came to talk to you'.

'How'd you know I was here?'

Youngjae the light by Baekhyun's bed. 'Daehyun told me'.

'What?' Baekhyun's eyes got wide. 'You saw Daehyun?'

'Yes'. Youngjae nodded.

'Where is he?' Baekhyun looked at him worried.

'He's at my place'.

'You're lying'. Baekhyun reached for his call button again.

'I'm not lying'. Youngjae said as he moved the call button away from Baekhyun. 'He was asleep when I left'.

'Daehyun wouldn't see you behind my back. What did you do to him?'

'Nothing. He's fine'.

'I don't believe you. You did something to him. That's why he didn't visit me today'.

'I didn't do anything to him'. Youngjae sighed. 'In fact, I saved him'.

Baekhyun looked at Youngjae confused. 'How?'

'He was passed out outside of a bar. He got drunk and couldn't make it home'.

Baekhyun crossed his arms. 'How convenient that you of all people found him'.

'What's that supposed to mean?' Youngjae glared at him.

'I think you were the reason he passed out'.

'Why do you think I would hurt him?'

'Because, you hate the fact he chose me instead of you. So this is your way of getting between us'.

Youngjae got close to Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun pulled away as far as he could.

'Listen.' Youngjae said. 'I could of hurt Daehyun, I could of hurt you. I have the money to get whatever I want. But I didn't hurt either of you'.

'Then why did you track me down behind Daehyun's back?'

Youngjae sat in the chair next to Baekhyun's bed. 'Daehyun and I did some talking before I came over here'.

'And...' Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

'And, I wanted to make a deal with you'.

'What kind of deal? Does Daehyun know?'

Youngjae shook his head. 'No, he was too hungover'.

'So what is this deal?'

'Daehyun told me about the baby.'

Baekhyun looked down at the bed at the mention of the baby.

'He also said you two were having financial problems'.

'That's none of your business'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'We're fine'.

'Daehyun was quite talkative about you two'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'So, what do you want from me?'

'I'm willing to help you and Daehyun financially till you two figure things out'.

'Why would you want to help us?'

'I know Daehyun is happy with you. I accept that. I just want to get on his good side'. Youngjae looked at Baekhyun. 'He can't stand me'.

'So why are you coming to me about this?'

'I was hoping you could convince him to change his mind about me.'

'I don't even know you that well'. Baekhyun looked at him suspiciously. 'You could be lying to me for all I know'.

Youngjae sighed. 'I guess you two are a lot alike. You two have trust issues'.

'Do you blame us?' Baekhyun crossed his arms again. 'Daehyun and I are fighting everyone just to be together. No one we know wants us together'. Baekhyun sighed. 'We love each other and no one can accept it. They have other plans for us'.

'I'm not here to take Daehyun from you. I know our parents want us to be together, but I know you're the only one he cares about...It must be nice'.

'Daehyun is the best thing to ever happen to me. I will do everything I can for him'.

'You two are lucky to have each other'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'We found each other for a reason. So please don't come between us'.

'I told you I'm not here for that'.

'I still don't know what your plans are, but just leave me and Daehyun alone'. Baekhyun looked at Youngjae. 'It's better if everyone stays away from us'.

Youngjae sighed and stood up. 'If you change your mind, let me know. I will help you. Especially since you have a baby on the way'. With that, Youngjae left.

Baekhyun tried to sleep after Youngjae left. He still thought the whole visit was weird. He didn't trust him, or anyone.

 

Daehyun left Youngjae's place the next day as soon as he could. He didn't worry about school or work. He went straight to the hospital to see Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was awake when he got to his room. Daehyun went over to Baekhyun's bed and tried to kiss him but Baekhyun pulled away.

Daehyun closed his eyes and sighed. 'Baek, I'm sorry I didn't visit you yesterday'.

Baekhyun didn't look at him.

'Baek...' Daehyun reached over and touched Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun moved his shoulder away.

'Don't'. Baekhyun said.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun carefully. 'What is it?'

'You lied to me'. Baekhyun still didn't look at him.

'What?'

'You lied to me about where you were last night'.

Daehyun was confused at first, but knew what Baekhyun was talking about. 'I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. But I didn't want you to get hurt'.

Baekhyun glared at Daehyun. 'Not get hurt? So you thought lying would be better than telling me you ran into Youngjae?'

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun shocked. 'How'd you know?'

'Youngjae paid me a visit last night'.

'Did he do anything to you?'

'Luckily no, but that's not the point'. Baekhyun crossed his arms. 'He said you were very talkative about us. Why are you telling him things that are none of his business?'

'Baek, I was getting over a hangover. I wasn't in my right state of mind'. Daehyun tried to touch Baekhyun's shoulder again. 'I'm sorry'.

'I just can't get over you lying to me. How do I know nothing happened between you two last night?'

'Baek...seriously?' Daehyun looked at him. 'You know how I feel about Youngjae. Why would you think that?'

'Anything can happen when you're drunk'.

'Nothing happened. I promise'. Daehyun turned Baekhyun's face so that he was facing him. 'I only love you'.

Baekhyun closed his eyes. 'I don't know what to believe anymore'.

'I wouldn't cheat on you.'

'I can't worry about this now, Dae. I've been stressed too much lately. I have to think of my baby. No more distractions'.

Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's hand. 'I'm sorry for hurting you.'

'I need to rest Daehyun'. Baekhyun closed his eyes. 

Daehyun sighed. He didn't expect Baekhyun to not forgive him. Daehyun started to leave the room, but changed his mind. He went and sat in the chair next to Baekhyun's bed. He didn't want to let Baekhyun down again.

 

Baekhyun woke up a few hours later. He was still upset about earlier. He didn't know what to do anymore. He trusted Daehyun and he let him down.

Baekhyun went to check his phone to see if he had any messages from Daehyun, but he didn't. Baekhyun sighed and set his phone down. He layed back in the bed and started thinking about what to do. 

As he layed there, he heard heavy breathing next to him. He stated freaking out and reached over and turned the light on. He looked over and saw Daehyun asleep in the chair next to him. Baekhyun smiled. He reached over and grabbed Daehyun's hand. He was surprised Daehyun stayed with him.

 

The next day, Baekhyun had more tests done. Daehyun had stayed with him the whole time. Baekhyun was happy Daehyun was there when they found out Baekhyun was ready to leave the hospital. His womb had healed and the baby was doing better.

Daehyun took Baekhyun to their new apartment. Baekhyun walked around and looked at everything in it. He liked it.

'It's perfect for now'. Baekhyun smiled.

'Good. It will have to do'. Daehyun went behind Baekhyun and wrapped his arms around his waist. He held him and kissed the top of his head.

'I'm glad you're here now. The place won't be so empty'.

Baekhyun turned around and put his arms around Daehyun's neck. He smiled at Daehyun and kissed him.

'So you forgive me?' Daehyun asked.

'I trust you Daehyun. Just be more careful'.

'Don't worry.'

'It's hard not to when everyone is against us'.

Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's forehead. 'We've made it this far. We'll be a family soon'. Daehyun put one of his hands on Baekhyun's stomach and felt the bump. He looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled at him and kissed him.

'I love you, Baek'.

'I love you too, Dae'.