Big mess

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

Daehyun got out of bed quickly and realized that was a big mistake. His head was killing him even more.

Daehyun grabbed his head. 'What am I doing here?' He asked not looking at Youngjae.

'I found you passed out last night near a bar'.

Daehyun sighed as he started to remember what happened last night. He couldn't believe he got himself in this situation.

'How did you find me?' Daehyun asked.

'I was coming home from visiting my parent's vacation home, when I saw you passed out on the ground.'

'I'm surprised you helped me instead of leaving me there'.

'Dae...' Youngjae went over to him. 'I know you don't like me, but I'm not as cold hearted as you think I am'.

Daehyun looked at him. 'I'm sorry'.

'Besides, you were causing attention from some weird people that were hanging outside the bar. Who knows what they would of done to you'.

'Thanks for helping me. I'll get going now'. Daehyun went to stand up, but he still wasn't feeling well.

Youngjae grabbed him and helped him back to the bed. 'You're in no condition to go anywhere. Stay here'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'I have to go see Baekhyun'.

'He can wait. Now lay down'.

'Why are you wanting to help me all the sudden?' Daehyun looked at him suspiciously.

'Don't worry about it'.

Daehyun sighed and layed back down on the bed.

'Why did you get drunk anyway?' Youngjae asked.

'No reason'.

'There has to be a reason'. Youngjae looked at him. 'Did you and your boyfriend get in a fight?'

'No we didn't. We're fine'. Daehyun closed his eyes and grabbed his head.

'I still want to know why you're taking care of me'. Daehyun said not opening his eyes.

'As much as you hate me, I do care about you. Even if we can't be together, I want to be friends'.

'Why?'

'You know I don't have real friends. I figured we could at least try to be friends since our parents are friends'.

'I still think you want something from me'. 

Youngjae sighed. 'No. I can take the hint. You want someone else'.

Youngjae grabbed a washcloth and put it on Daehyun's forehead.

'Why did you tell my parents about Baekhyun being at your parent's vacation house?' Daehyun looked at him.

'I was upset about what happened the last time we saw each other. I figured they had a right to know what their son was doing behind everyone's back'.

Daehyun reached up and grabbed Youngjae's shirt. 'And you want to be friends after you kicked my boyfriend out on the streets?'

'I'm sorry'. Youngjae sighed. 'I knew my parents would freak out if they found him there'.

'You could of called me about it instead of kicking him out'.

'How?' Youngjae tried to get free from Daehyun's grip. 'You never wanted to talk to me when I called you. The last time I called you, you hung up on me'.

'You're right'. Daehyun let go of him. 'I was doing everything I could to avoid you and my parents'.

Youngjae sat on the edge of the bed. 'I know you don't want any part of this match making thing. But I was hoping you'd at least try to make it work instead of hating me as soon as you saw me'.

Daehyun looked away from him. 'I just didn't want any part of it. I have been working so hard to achieve the life I want when I'm done with school. Then I got blindsided when I was told I had to be with someone or else'.

'What I don't get is why you turned me down right away because I'm rich'. Youngjae looked at him confused. 'You know how many people would be happy to know that they never have to work again. They could do whatever they want without worrying about money'.

'I know'. Daehyun sighed. 'I'm sure it's nice to not have to worry about money. But I was raised to work hard for what you earn. To appreciate your hard work and achievements'.

Youngjae nodded. 'I think your parents wanted to make sure you didn't have to worry about money in the future'.

'I know.' Daehyun sat up. 'I should have listened to them'.

'Why?'

'My boyfriend and I are kind of struggling for money right now. I put in all of my money to rent our new apartment.' Daehyun sighed. 'And last night, I find out my boyfriend's pregnant'.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun shocked. 'You're going to be a father?'

Daehyun nodded. 

'Are you going to tell your parents?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I might as well. I was going to try and convince them to let me be with Baekhyun instead of you. They're still pressuring me to be with you'.

Youngjae looked away from him. 'But you want nothing to do with me'.

'I've told them I want Baekhyun. That I'm happy with Baekhyun. But they're more concerned about my financial status'.

'I can see you really care about him'. Youngjae gave a slight smile. 'Why weren't you with him last night?'

'He's in the hospital'.

'Is he ok?' 

Daehyun nodded. 'He will be. So will the baby'. He hoped.

 

Youngjae got up and left the room to get Daehyun some water. While he was gone, Daehyun pulled out his phone and texted Baekhyun.

'How are you feeling?'

'I'm fine. They're going to do more tests later'. Baekhyun responded.

'Hopefully you'll be able to leave the hospital soon'.

'I hope so. I'm ready to get out of here'.

Before Daehyun could respond Baekhyun texted again.

'Why haven't you come to see me yet?'

'I'll be there as soon as I can'.

'What are you doing?'

'Working'. He lied.

'This late?'

'Late?' Daehyun said to himself. He saw a clock on the table next to him. It was almost night time. He had slept the day away.

'Late projects'. He typed back.

'Dae, what's going on?' Daehyun saw Baekhyun wasn't buying his lies. Baekhyun knew him too well. But he didn't want to tell him about Youngjae.

'I'm sorry. I'll see you as soon as I can'.

'Dae, I know you. You'd give up work for me. Now what is going on? Where are you?'

Daehyun thought of something to tell him besides the fact he was with Youngjae.

'I'm working on trying to convince my parents about us'.

'When are you going to give up on that? You know they won't listen'.

'I want them to know how happy we are together'.

'Did you tell them about the baby?'

'Not yet'.

'Dae, leave them and come to the hospital. Visiting hours are almost over'.

'Alright. I'll be there soon'.

 

Daehyun sat up and tried to get out of bed. Youngjae came back in the room with a water bottle and saw Daehyun trying to leave.

'What are you doing?' Youngjae went over to Daehyun.

'I have to get to Baekhyun'.

'You haven't recovered from your hangover. Now get back in bed'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'Baekhyun is waiting for me'.

'You can't make it to the hospital in your condition'.

'I have to see him'. Daehyun said as he tried to get away from Youngjae.

'You can see him tomorrow'. Youngjae pushed Daehyun towards the bed.

They fought awhile but Youngjae finally won. Daehyun layed back down in bed and tried to rest so his headache would go away.

 

Baekhyun kept looking at the clock on his phone. There was no sign of Daehyun, no new messages from him either. Baekhyun didn't understand why Daehyun wouldn't come see him. Baekhyun started getting upset. He hoped everything was ok. He also knew he had to keep calm for the baby.

Baekhyun gave up on waiting for Daehyun and tried to go to sleep. He tried to get comfy and not think about Daehyun. But it was no use. He couldn't stop thinking that something was going on with Daehyun.

He went to text Daehyun when he saw someone walking into his room. He thought Daehyun finally made it. It was dark so he couldn't tell for sure. But no one else knew he was here except for Daehyun.

Baekhyun sat up a little bit as the person walked over to the bed.

'You finally made it?' He asked. But didn't get a reply.

'Dae?'

The person got closer and he realized it wasn't Daehyun. It was the boy from the vacation house. Baekhyun started freaking out when he realized who the boy was.

'What are you doing here?'