Small hope

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

Daehyun and Baekhyun sat in the waiting room waiting for the doctor. Daehyun saw how nervous Baekhyun was as he sat next to him. Daehyun put his arm around Baekhyun and rubbed his back.

Baekhyun wouldn't let go of his stomach. He hadn't known about the baby for very long, and now this happened. He felt very protective of the baby already.

'It all makes sense now'. Daehyun said as he kept rubbing Baekhyun's back.

Baekhyun looked over at Daehyun. 'What does?'

'Why you were throwing up, why you were determined to find a job, why you wanted a two bedroom apartment...' Daehyun looked at Baekhyun. 'I don't know how I didn't see that you were pregnant, it was so obvious.'

'Dae...' Baekhyun squeezed his hand. 'I haven't known about the baby for very long. I just found out the other day.'

'I still wish you had told me when you find out.' Daehyun sighed. 'You didn't have to hide it from me. You don't have to go through this alone'.

'I'm sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing for now with everything we're going through.'

Daehyun kissed the top of Baekhyun's head. 'We'll be ok. We have an apartment now, we have some money'.

'But we still have to deal with our parents and the boys they set us up with'. Baekhyun sighed. 'I don't know what I'm going to do if Chanyeol did something to our baby'.

'We don't know what happened to the baby. So don't worry yet. It's not good to be stressed out right now'.

'I can't help it. Chanyeol could of made me lose our baby. I don't want to lose this baby, Dae.'

'I know'. Daehyun squeezed Baekhyun's shoulders. 'I don't want you to lose the baby either. I just found out about it'.

'I think I got pregnant for a reason'. Baekhyun looked at Daehyun.

Daehyun gave him a questioning look.

'I think it's a sign that we're supposed to be together. Not to go back to the boys our parents set us up with'.

'I wouldn't go back to Youngjae, even if you weren't pregnant'.

Baekhyun smiled.

'Even If I didn't find you, I'd still look for someone else to be with. I don't want to have my parents tell me who to be with'. Daehyun said as he hugged Baekhyun.

'I'm glad we found each other, and might become a family now'. Baekhyun looked down at his stomach. 'Just hope the baby is ok'.

Daehyun hugged Baekhyun. 'We can try again if something did happen to this one'.

'That's not the point, Dae'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'This baby is not replaceable. Sure we can have another baby, but it won't be this one.'

'I know.' Daehyun said. 'I'm sure this one will be ok'.

'I hope so. I already love this baby'. Baekhyun rubbed his stomach.

 

'Byun Baekhyun'. Baekhyun looked over at the sound of his name. He saw the doctor walking over to him and Daehyun.

Baekhyun stood up and held Daehyun's hand.

'What's going on with my baby?' Baekhyun asked.

The doctor sighed. 'There is some damage to your womb, mostly bruising. But the baby is still there'.

'The baby is ok though right?'

'The baby will be ok if your womb completely heals. Which shouldn't take that long. I'd like you to stay here so we can keep an eye on you and the baby to make sure everything is ok'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Alright. Just do whatever you can for my baby'.

'We will. I'll have the nurse show you to your room'.

'Ok'.

Baekhyun didn't let go of Daehyun's hand. 

'See? You'll be ok'. Daehyun hugged him.

'I shouldn't have to be here in the first place'.

'At least you'll be taken care of here. You won't have to worry about Chanyeol finding you in here. Just focus on resting and taking care of the baby'.

 

The nurse came and took Baekhyun to his room. He changed clothes and layed down in the bed. The nurse hooked him up to the machines.

Baekhyun didn't like being in there. He wanted to go home with Daehyun and relax there.

Daehyun went over to Baekhyun when the nurse left.

'I'll start moving our things into the apartment when I leave here'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'This is going to be our first night away from each other since we met'.

'I know. But you won't have to be here long'. 

'I hope so.'

'You'll be fine'. Daehyun kissed him. 

Baekhyun smiled when they separated. 'You better come visit me tomorrow'.

'You know I'll be here every chance I get'. Daehyun smiled.

 

Daehyun stayed with Baekhyun as long as he could. Then he left so Baekhyun could rest.

Daehyun went back to the hotel and started packing his and Baekhyun's bags. He made sure he had everything before he checked out of the hotel.

Daehyun made his way to the new apartment. He put his and Baekhyun's bags in the bedroom. He got the apartment furnished so he wouldn't have to worry about buying new furniture.

Daehyun changed clothes and layed down on the bed. It felt weird to have the bed to himself. He was used to cuddling with Baekhyun at night.

Daehyun picked up his phone and decided to text Baekhyun.

'I miss you already. The bed is empty'.

Baekhyun woke up to his phone vibrating next to him. He reached over and picked it up. He saw the text from Daehyun. He smiled.

'I miss you too. It's creepy here'. He texted back.

'You need rest though'.

'I was resting. You woke me up'.

'Sorry. I just wanted to let you know I miss you and can't sleep.'

'Are you at the hotel?'

'No, I'm at the apartment'.

'How is it?'

'It's nice, but lonely and quiet'.

'That's better than listening to beeping machines, patients coughing and nurses and doctors talking'.

'You'll be home soon. Now try and get some rest.'

'You too'. Baekhyun put his phone next to him and closed his eyes.

 

Daehyun sighed and put his phone away. He tried to sleep but he kept tossing and turning. He finally got up and decided to take a walk.

He walked around the neighborhood for awhile before stopping at a bar. He figured that would help him relax.

He sat at the bar and ordered a few drinks. He wasn't used to drinking since he was still young. So he wasn't used to how much his body could handle.

He drank till he started to relax. Then he got up and started to leave the bar. He was having a hard time walking. He didn't think he drank that much.

He made his way outside and started walking back to the apartment. Everything around him started spinning. He started getting worried and regretted drinking just now.

He kept trying to walk home, but then everything went black as he passed out.

 

Daehyun woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. He felt like he was going to die. He looked around and didn't recognize where he was at. He started freaking out. Then he heard a voice behind him.

'Well, look who's finally awake'.

Daehyun turned to the person and was surprised to find that he was face to face with Youngjae.