Conclusion 8: Look For You

Statistical Probability of Falling in Love with My Enemy

CHAPTER EIGHT

Yoongi looked at Sujin afar, she's also in the cemetery, visiting someone. Out of curiousity, Yoongi wanted to know who Sujin is visiting, because as far as he knows her family is still complete.

After minutes of visiting, Sujin left the grave she went to, and Yoongi approached it to see who is she visiting for.

That left him dumbfounded...

                                           In the loving memory of Lee Soo Woon
                                                                 

 

                                                                July 17, 1979

 

                                                            September 26, 2002

Lee Soo Woon...

Lee Soo Woon.

"Who are you sir?" Yoongi is now really confused and rattled. He doesn't even know why he's being like this, but he wanted to know the details about the man and his relation to Sujin.

He immediately went of to the cemetery's office to know the details about Lee Soo Woon.

"Are you by any chance related to Mr. Lee Soo Woon?" The attendant asked him, Yoongi cannot answer, but he wanted to know the details so he just lied.

"My father and him are friends in highschool. I'm just curious about his son.. uhm.." He make a way in order to get information but Yoongi was lost for words, he's bad at lying, but the attendant on the other hand cannot sense any harm on Yoongi.

"Oh, do you mean her daughter?" A man, around 60 years of old exited the door from the other room interrupted their conversation.

Yoongi squirted his eyes in confusion.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but we're not allowed to show you the records here without permission of the person's family. I'm so sorry young man." The old man apologize, but Yoongi's curiousness is seen in his eyes.

The old man passed Yoongi but he immediately run for him.

"I'm so sorry Mister but can you please talk to me for a second" Yoongi ran up to the old man.

"You definitely have no relation to Soo Woon or his daughter. What do you need young man?" The old man asked Yoongi.

On the other hand, Yoongi doesn't know why he's very eager to know what is the relationship of the man with Sujin. It doesn't correlate to him anyways, but he really want to know, he really does.

"It's just... I just wanted to know because..." Yoongi is lost for words because he is contradicting his own thoughts and worries about the issue.

"Lee Sujin. She's Soo Woon's daughter." The old man confirmed.

Yoongi felt a pang inside his chest.

Sujin? He thought.

He's going to ask one more time, but the old man narrated the story.

"I know you're a harmless young man, so I'll tell you. Lee Sujin, yes--she's the daughter of Soo Woon who died 15 years ago and her mother died after giving birth to her." The man narrated as he looked up to the direction where Sujin's father lies.

"A very polite, beautiful, smart young woman indeed. After his father's death, she constantly stayed here for a while and always giving his father a flower she picked at the garden. She's all alone so I asked her if she wanted to stay at our house. He stayed with me for almost two months. Me and my wife doesn't have a child so I took care of her for a while." He narrated with a smile crept in his face.

Yoongi soften about the kindness of the old man, although still crumpled about Sujin's identity, he listened vigorously.

"She lightened up our little home for a while, she never forgot to make my wife smile all day even though she had the burden of her father's death." He speak while approached the bench to take a seat.

"But I know we cannot adopt her. I only work here, I cannot give her a good life, so we gave her to the orphanage. There, she can eat well, play, and study." He sighed, Yoongi just stay there--listening.

He doesn't know that Sujin's life is like this. He thought that losing his father will make him the most vulnerable person in the world, but in Sujin's case, he think twice.

"At first, she cried, but after a week, she didn't cry anymore, but she didn't mingle to other kids there until one family adopted her. A family that can give her a decent life--a good life." A tear escaped from the old man's eyes, reminiscing the past about the little Sujin.

"I thought that Sujin will be mad at me because I send her to the orphanage, but she didn't..." The man cannot hold his tears back.

"She didn't get mad with me or with my wife. She visits us up until now.. She's very kind hearted child, very hard-working--she deserves the whole world" the man said.

Yoongi felt more guilty towards Sujin, after all those years, he can only think Sujin as the temperamental, judgy, and snob Sujin inside the campus but he doesn't know this side of Lee Sujin.

After knowing about Sujin, Yoongi bid goodbye to the old man and thanked him for the time he gave him.

But before he got up from the bench, the old man hold Yoongi's hand and ask a question.

"Is Sujin still playing the guitar?" He asked.

Then, Yoongi felt like he was hit by a car.

How can he answer the question--when he's the one who broke the guitar Sujin owned.

He was ready to tell the truth but he was interrupted by the old man.

"That guitar is the last thing that her father gave her. He was very determined to work in order to gave Sujin every little thing she wants. I'm an old man now and I cannot look for her every single time, can you please look for her even just for a minute to see if she's okay, young man?" The old man patted Yoongi's shoulder and smiled as he walked away from him.

 

 

 

-------------

 

A little bit long update for you guys! Can you little by little already spot the things coming? :D Please comment your thoughts! I really appreciate your upvotes and comments! GOod day everyone!! 💕