The first misadventure

The Roadtrip project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is where we write all the initial budget for your project, we have every single detail in the book.” Yixing explains as Luhan continued packing his bag for their four-day road trip. Yixing decided to visit Luhan in his apartment the night before his trip to follow up the things he needs and if there are some things he forgot.

 

“I still can’t believe the CEO gave you this huge project when you're still new in the company. I mean, I got mine after a year.” Luhan sighs as he sit on his couch next to his friend.

 

“Can I do this, Xing? I’m still new with everything, what if I fail? What if I mess up the details?” Yixing gave him a big comforting hug as he told him that everything will turn out fine.

 

“I really hope so.”

 

“And besides, you’re going to spend the next four days with Elevator guy, what could possibly could go wrong with that?

 

“Everything, Yixing, you know he’s out of my league and he probably has a girlfriend already.”

 

“Oh, please!”

 

Luhan suddenly remembers what happened on the same day, Yixing told Luhan that there will be a meeting with the CEO, which caused Luhan to panic. This will be his first time having a meeting with the CEOs, and Luhan is so thrilled about it.

“Hey, we’re only going to attend a meeting, why do you have to put on a makeup?”

“We’re going to meet the CEO, of course, we--or at least I--need to look good”

“For the old man? Wow, I never thought you’re into old guys.” Yixing laughs.

“Of course not, you silly, I meant his son Oh Sehun, I heard from Ahri that he’s handsome.”

“Of course he is, and you have already met him.” Luhan look at him confused

“Oh Sehun is your elevator guy” Yixing said casually like Luhan never did something to the said boss, well if greeting him goodbye in a cute voice doesn’t sound flirting at all.

 

“WHAT THE HECK XING, WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?! UGHH!! HOWCANILOOKATHIMLATER” Luhan ranted as he hit his friend’s shoulder harder. The Chinese friend just laugh at him.

 

It is still nine in the evening but Luhan decided to sleep early for his trip the next day a part of him is excited about the said “roadtrip” but he can’t help but feel nervous as well. He arrives at coffee shop besides the Oh Building ten minutes earlier than their call time, and there, he decided to buy a coffee while waiting for his boss. It didn’t take Luhan too long waiting though since Oh Sehun arrives five minutes after looking gorgeous as ever.

 

The COO is wearing a simple fitted black shirt that emphasized his broad shoulders, tattered pants and his black classic chuck taylor shoes.

 

Damn Luhan good luck to you, Luhan thought to himself.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Sehun.” Luhan greets him as Sehun sits in front him, then Sehun removes his shades and smiles at him. Luhan swears if a smile could killed he would be dead by now.

 

“Just call me Sehun, we’re not in the office anyways.”

 

Luhan smiles and answers, “Okay...Sehun.”

 

Right after the COO took his order, the two left the shop and hopped into Sehun’s SUV. The first ten minutes of the car ride was so awkward, Luhan only stared at the buildings they passed by while Sehun hummed along to the music he’s playing. One time, Luhan sang along with the music which surprised Sehun.

 

Don’t you look away baby, I don’t want to think about it, no. The fact that I can’t have you

got me thinking ’bout the thoughts of being with you it gets.

 

“You have a lovely voice, I’m impressed.” Luhan blushes and smiles at Sehun.

 

“Thanks” he replies.

 

Since then, the two started talking about stuff in general and it turned out that both have the same interests in music and prefers indie than mainstream songs, they like horror and action movies and both are homebodies. Luhan couldn’t help but smile after knowing the similarities they have.

 

Sehun and Luhan are now few miles away from Seoul, the buildings have already been replaced by trees and huge vacant lots. Sehun opens both their windows, Luhan smiles and raises a hand outside the window.

 

“Hey, don’t do that!”

 

Luhan quickly lowers his hands as he awkwardly positions himself in the passenger seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter