PROLOGUE

The Roadtrip project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time in his twenty-three years of living, Luhan leaves his hometown to work in Oh Estate; a big real estate company in the city. Being the only child in the family, it was not an easy decision since his parents didn't want him to go as well, but this work offer is only for the company scholar just like him, and Luhan really liked the offer.

With a big smile on his face, Luhan felt so excited to taste his first cooked meal in his new apartment. He had just arrived at the city last Saturday, but all through the weekend he ended up eating take outs since he hasn't finished setting up his things and his good for nothing best friend ditched him for his boyfriend. Luhan finishes his meal in just a few minutes, then he starts preparing for his first day of work. It only took thirty minutes for him to prepare, before heading to his new office. Luhan never forgot to greet everyone with his cheerful “good mornings” as he walks toward the information desk.

“Hi, good morning, may I know which floor is the Finance department?”

“It’s on the 8th floor!” replies the receptionist.

Luhan ignores the guy’s grumpy look and hurriedly ran to the open elevator, he was about to press the 8th-floor button when the tall guy next to him already beat him to it. Luhan wonders why everyone stared at him the moment he went out from the elevator, but it still didn’t stop him from greeting back everyone with a cheerful smile.

“You must be Luhan?” A guy with a very deep dimple asks him.

“Yes, it’s me.”

“Welcome to Oh Estate, I am Zhang Yixing from Finance department. Please follow me as I lead you to your new desk.”

Luhan smiles since Yixing seems to be a good guy, and he’s a Chinese too just like him (although Luhan was raised in Korea since he was a kid). Luhan looks around as they start walking, the floor building is so huge according to Yixing there’s two departments in this floor - the finance department, and the office of the CEOs.

“Here’s your desk,” Yixing says, causing Luhan to stop looking around, he is thankful that his table is far from the window.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter