Chapter 9

Snow White (Leobin vers.)

After told Jaehwan the truth about what happened to Taekwoon, he felt more scared.

“It’s the Queen!”

“The Queen? Do you mean… my mother?” asked Taekwoon, he was so confused

Jaehwan looked at Hongbin and he took Hongbin’s hands and gripped it tightly while looking at them.

“Yes. She is not your real Mother, for I have heard”

Taekwoon shocked and couldn’t believe what Jaehwan just said. He gestured Jaehwan to continue.

“I don’t know if you still remember or not Taekwoon-ah, but I was in the castle and the Queen punished me for nothing and she made this…” he showed them his left cheek, his scar.

“y-yeah I remember that, she always punish the people and I noticed that the people have such beautiful faces. But I never know why she did that, so I decided to move out and lived in my Uncle’s house”

Jaehwan nodded, “that’s because… she doesn’t like when someone is prettier than her. She wants to be the fairest in the world.  And it also extends her life and makes her always look younger and pretty. She would drink their blood when she killed them and it made her stronger.”

Hongbin shocked, he tightened his grip on his hyung’s hands.

“She is a witch, Taekwoon-ah. An evil witch”

Taekwoon also shocked, how could he never know about this?

“I was so lucky that she let me go that easily, on one condition, she told me to never come to that castle anymore. And on my way to my house, I met Hakyeon. He is a witch too, but he is so nice to me and my family. He pleaded my parents to take care of Hongbin and I, so he brought us here, in the forbidden forest where no one wants to go to this forest. He protects this house so no one could see this house, but I don’t know how you can see this house Taekwoon-ah.”

“That’s why you never allow me to go out hyung? You did all of this.. for protecting me from the Queen?” asked Hongbin suddenly.

“I’m sorry Hongbin-ah for never telling you about this, Hakyeon knew that you’ll be the fairest and the Queen might be looking for you and kill you. And I would never want that to happen. That’s why I’m a bit afraid when you met Taekwoon.”

“I won’t let it happen!” said Taekwoon with his knuckles curled into a ball.

“I hope you will protect him Taekwoon-ah” he looked at Taekwoon with his serious look.

Taekwoon nodded, “I should tell her that I love Hongbin and tell her that she should just stop her whole evil things”

“Oh no! You didn’t know her better, did you? she would smile and then she say all of sweet things to you but then she will kill Hongbin and we’re over! It doesn’t sound like a good plan Taekwoon-ah”

“Hyung… Wh-what should we do now?” asked Hongbin, he already trembling. Jaehwan rubbed his hands while Taekwoon rubbed his back.

“I don’t know, but.. we will wait for Hakyeon first and he would know what’s the best. Just be careful towards a stranger. Never accept anything from them! Got it?”

Taekwoon and Hongbin nodded in unison.

“B-but where is Hakyeon hyung?”

“He is…” Jaehwan sighed and rubbed his face in frustration, “He said he wanted to go to Taekwoon’s house to get rid of her magic in him and then fought her, but.. he hasn’t come home till now”

“She hasn’t come back to my house too. I mean, that day, I supposed to go with her but then my uncle fell sick so we cancelled and then she went to the forest and never come back.”

Jaehwan gasped, “No! Could it be… No!! No! Hakyeon..” Jaehwan paced in front of them while biting his nails.

“Hyung.. calm down” Hongbin got up and hugged Jaehwan. Jaehwan’s body shook a little.

“I’m sorry, this is my fault..” said Taekwoon as he also got up and looked down.

“It-it’s not.. y-your fault. Hakyeon would be alright! I know it!” said Jaehwan who was still shaking and Hongbin brought him to his bedroom and calming him down. Taekwoon gave him a glass of water to calm him down and not long after that, Jaehwan fell asleep on his bed.

It was already night and dark in the forest. And Taekwoon stayed in Hongbin’s house, they snuggled in Hongbin’s bed.

“I’m hungry, are you hungry?” asked Hongbin suddenly as he played with Taekwoon’s hair.

“I will make the dinner. Go wake up your hyung!”

Taekwoon and Hongbin got up. Taekwoon went to their kitchen while Hongbin went to Jaehwan’s room. Hongbin knocked the door first before he stepped in. the door was slightly open. Hongbin saw his brother was under his blanket and snuggling probably with his pillow. Hongbin slowly approached him and tapped his shoulder.

“Hyung? Wake up, Taekwoon is making our dinner” no response.

“Hyung?” Hongbin tapped his shoulder again.

“Hyung?” Hongbin shook his body but.. Hongbin sensed something was wrong so he slowly lifted the blanket off of Jaehwan and shocked. It wasn’t his brother, but it was just a bunch of his pillows. Hongbin started to panic and screamed.

“Jaehwan hyung!!! Hyung!!” Hongbin looked in his wardrobe, under the bed, around the room but no sign of Jaehwan.

“What happened?” asked Taekwoon, he rushed to see Hongbin, still holding a fry with scrambled eggs on it.

“Hyung is missing!”

“What!” Hongbin already ran to the outside and calling Jaehwan’s name.

Taekwoon put the fry down and he ran after Hongbin. he caught him and hugged him.

“It’s already night Bin-ah..” he tried to calm Hongbin down while kissing his head.

Hongbin struggled hard to break free and he screamed and crying at the same time.

“No! I have to find him!!” Hongbin tried hard to pry Taekwoon’s death grip on him but Taekwoon held him tighter.

“Yes! We will find him tomorrow!”

Hongbin pushed himself off of Taekwoon as hard as he could and glared, “Tomorrow?! Are you insane! I know he will looking for Hakyeon now and… and he is alone! I don’t want something bad happen to him!! he is my brother! My only brother!” Hongbin’s tears ran down on his cheeks and Taekwoon hurt seeing it.

Taekwoon sighed and tried to pull Hongbin into a hug, “Fine, we will looking for him now”

Hongbin refused to be hugged as he put some distance between them. “Let’s go to your castle now! I know that my brother and Hakyeon is there!”

Taekwoon nodded and led the way.

 

 

 

(Earlier)

Jaehwan peeked through one eye and saw Hongbin and Taekwoon left his room. He waited for a moment and then he slowly got up and piled some pillows under the blanket. He tried not to make any sound as he jumped out from his window. And then he went to the castle. He knew that Hakyeon must have been captivated by the Queen there and he went there to save him.

 

 

Meanwhile in the castle…

Hakyeon screamed in pain whenever he moved. The transparent rope already made a scar around his wrists and legs. His skin felt burned and he couldn’t restrain the pain. He bit his lips and his face contorted in pain and the sweat was glistening on his skin. Hakyeon was laying on his side with his wrists on his back.

He looked around him and there were two guards in front of his bar and he was in the huge hall. But it looked like he was in the basement of the castle. The castle prison.

Then the Queen came. He knew it from her disgusting evil laugh. She wore a red fur robe and black dress inside. He could see her heels started to approaching him and the guards opened the bar for her. He saw she stepped in and stood in front of him. he looked up and the Queen lifted him up with her magic that ran through her finger. He saw she was wearing a mask that covering her half face. She smiled mockingly to him while Hakyeon screamed in pain.

“Little puppy…”

“You’re evil witch!”

She laughed and the hall filled with her evil laugh, “Aww, why are you saying like that to me….. little brother?”

Hakyeon spitted at her face but she dodged away while laughing.

“I’m not your brother!!! I never have a sister like you!”

She frowned and she threw Hakyeon to the side and he hit the bar hard. Hakyeon vomited his blood and he held his suddenly throbbing heart. She raised her hand and pointed it to Hakyeon while making her hand into a fist. She clutched his heart with her magic and Hakyeon started to panting harder.

“Beg!! Beg for me!”

“N-ne-neve-r!”

“You can’t beat me Hakyeon-ah! I’m the Queen!! Your Queen! I AM THE MOST POWERFUL WITCH! Not you!”

Hakyeon managed to let a little laugh, “Huh! D-don’t b-be s-so a-rrog-ant!”

The Queen released him and let Hakyeon to catch his breath. “THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!! IF YOU NEVER BORN INTO THIS WORLD! EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!! I WILL BE THE RULER IN THIS WORLD! AND I’M THE QUEEN!!”

The Queen turned her back to him and she took a deep breath to calm her down, “Don’t worry, this is all will be end soon!”

 

 

 

( Flashback )

She was such a nice girl. She always helped her mother, did everything that her mother asked her, even she went to go fishing for their breakfast and lunch. She never said no to her mother. She also did all the chores in their small hut. She always says to herself that she had been a good daughter. At least, that was she thought.

Their mother not a witch, but she could see the future through her dreams. Her husband was a witch, a great witch. Both of her children, Hakyeon and the Queen, were a witch and both have the same power.

Her mother never paid any attention to her. She never threw her some affection like a mother do. She could feel something wasn’t right with her daughter. Her daughter always talking to her mirror and then laugh, and it made her shivered hearing her daughter laughed like that. She knew that her daughter was possessed by an evil spirit so that was why she always talked alone and talked to herself in front of her mirror. She also kept dreaming about her daughter being an evil witch someday, she tried to shake the bad thoughts away but she knew that it would happen in the future. That was the reason why she never loved her daughter and always treated her differently with her son. She abandoned her own daughter.

Her mother always loved her younger brother, Hakyeon. Unlike her, Hakyeon always smiled sweetly to his mother and helped her with all of his generosity. She also dreamt about him that one day, he would be the great witch and a good hearted witch. And she was more happy spending time with her son than with her daughter. Because she knew, that her daughter wasn’t her good daughter anymore, her daughter was slowly turned into an evil witch, and only a kind heart that could changed her.

 

Their father already died, he got killed and missing. But no one knew how he got killed. It was when Hakyeon was still 5 years old, and the Queen, was 10 years old. But his wife, knew who killed his husband.

She –their mother- kept had a nightmare and it was all about his husband being killed by their daughter. She also told her husband about her dreams but he reassured her that it wouldn’t happen.

But it happened

That day, their father went to the cave to take a meditation that day. And his daughter followed him to the cave and he was so surprised to see her. She just greeted her father with a smile and she stabbed him in the heart. After she’s done, she also surprised to see what she had done. She didn’t know why she did that to her father. And then she went deeper to the cave. She heard some voices rang in the cave calling out her name. She got scared but then she recognized the voice, it was the voice that always talked to her in her room, it was actually her own voice, or maybe she just imagined things. And as she looked up, she saw her reflection on a clear stone wall.

Take your meditation here, calm yourself, and when the time is coming, you will open your eyes, and do as I say, said the voice and she nodded.

Years passed, and it was time she opened her eyes.

She turned into a beautiful woman and she appreciated herself when she saw her reflection on the wall. Yeah, she always appreciated herself in front of her mirror, telling herself that she was so beautiful and no one as pretty as her.

Your beauty doesn’t last forever

She frowned

You have to kill someone who has a beautiful face in order to keep you young and beautiful and you have to drink their blood to make you stronger

A small smiled formed on her thin lips, she nodded. Then something appeared on the clear stone and it was her mother’s picture. She was confused at first. Her mother looked so beautiful, just like her, but her mother still more beautiful.

Kill her

She gasped and shook her head

Or you will turn into an ugly woman and die

There was a loud clank and she looked down. It was a small blade. She slowly took the blade and examined it.

Don’t forget to drink her blood

She got up and went to her house.

 

Her mother knew what will happen, he told Hakyeon to go somewhere and never come back here. He never told him about her lately nightmare about her daughter. She knew that her daughter would kill her soon.

Her daughter already stood in front of their old house. It was evening, but the wind was so strong and the thundering also blared in the night sky.

“Hello Mom”

Her mother didn’t answer, she only stared at her with her blank look. And she easily stabbed her mother and then she laughed evilly.

“You … you will only… destroy your….li…fe…one …day” that was all her mother said but she paid no attention. She was just too busy to draining all of her mother’s blood.

 


Hello thank you for subscribe, reading and comments lol

and big THANKS to @Zygomorphic for recommend this fic lol, but yours also the best

 

and I hope I didn't mess up in this chapter lol have a good night/day yeorobun xD