Chapter 7

Snow White (Leobin vers.)

Hongbin was sitting on his bed, with his knees bent towards his chest. The tears kept running down on his cheeks. Hongbin refused to eat and his mind kept replaying the image when Taekwoon kissed that girl. And again, he felt his heart hurt so much and he bit his lips harder. He shut his eyes tightly and he heard someone knocked on his window. Hongbin looked up and he saw a small bottle with a clear liquid inside was stood on the window sill. There was a small note under that bottle too. Hongbin walked towards the window and he took the note and the bottle. He read the small note. The writing was so beautiful.

I will take your pain away

 

Hongbin read the note repeatedly and he creased his brow as he got confused. He examined the bottle and the liquid inside.

‘will it works?’ he uncapped the bottle and sniffed the liquid. There was no strange smell and he shrugged.

‘I should just try this’

He was about to drink the liquid when the door opened. Hongbin quickly put the cap back on and hid the bottle in his pocket pants.

“Hongbin?” asked Hakyeon and he eyed Hongbin suspiciously.

“Hak-hakyeon hyung…”

“What are you doing?” Hakyeon could smell something wrong in there.

“Uh.. nothing.. “

Hakyeon soften his gaze towards Hongbin and he pulled Hongbin into a hug.

“You okay now?”

Hongbin hummed in response and he stood very still. He hoped that Hakyeon didn’t find out about the small bottle.

“Dinner is ready, come with me?”

Hongbin shook his head, “No, I’m.. not… hungry”

Hakyeon sighed, “Just eat a little Hongbin-ah.. I don’t you to get sick”

“I’m fine hyung”

“Hongbin.. Taekwoon is-“

“No! Don’t talk about him! I don’t want to hear his name!” Hongbin turned around and laid on the bed, facing his back to Hakyeon.

‘How can I say to him that Taekwoon is under her spell.. poor baby’

“Okay.. umm.. Just eat when you feel hungry later.”

Hongbin only hummed and Hakyeon sighed, he left the room.

 

 

“He still doesn’t want to eat?” asked Jaehwan

“Yeah.. but don’t worry.. he will come out soon and eat. He will get over it Jaehwan-ah..”

Jaehwan sighed, “So, when will you fight the Queen? And.. how?”

“First.. I will go to Taekwoon’s uncle’s house tonight, and I will break the magic off of him then I will fight the Queen.”

“T-tonight?”

“Yes, the faster the better”

“Will you going to be alright?” asked Jaehwan with worried.

Hakyeon smiled softly, “Yes.. I’ll be alright Jaehwan-ah.. don’t worry. Please, keep an eye on Hongbin. or maybe you can sleep with him tonight, just to make sure he won’t do any harm”

Jaehwan nodded, he hugged Hakyeon, “Please, be save..”

Hakyeon went to Taekwoon’s house that night and Jaehwan watching him gone.

‘I hope you’ll be alright’

 

 

The Queen was waiting for Hakyeon in the forest, she blocked his way to Taekwoon’s house so he would be facing her and fight her first. She smiled wickedly as she saw Hakyeon’s figure.

“Are you looking for me?” she said and Hakyeon came closer to her.

“Glad you know”

She laughed mockingly and started to walk around him. “You know you will lose! You can’t beat me! No one can beat me!! I’m the greatest witch!”

“Don’t be so arrogant, your Majesty!” he mocked her.

The Queen stared at him with hatred, “Don’t you ever dare to take the magic off of Taekwoon! He is MINE!”

“Oh? I’m so surprised that you have known my plan. Anyway, Taekwoon is your son. How can you be inlove with your own son?”

“he is not my son!”

“Yeah, but..” Hakyeon laughed, “Look at how old you are. You are an old creature and in love with the very young man?” Hakyeon chuckled and shook his head.

“He is not that young! He is a man now! my Taekwoon!”

“He is not yours! He is Hongbin’s! you steal him!”

“I AM NOT!”

“Do you really think you’re the prettiest?”

“I AM THE MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD!”

“Oh? Really? Haven’t you asked your magic mirror?” Hakyeon provoked her anger and her face turned scary. She attacked him with her magic and Hakyeon quickly fought her back. The dark forest turned into white-red blinding lights that came from their hands. Hakyeon tried hard to fight her and he kept chanting and attacking her with his mantra. The Queen screamed in pain when Hakyeon attacked her face and made a scar on her half face. A loud shrill broke the silence in the dark forest, and she fell to the ground. Hakyeon was panting hard and he smiled.

“YOU!!” She screamed and pushed Hakyeon hard and Hakyeon’s body flew to the back and hitting the tree hard. Hakyeon coughed and spitted some blood. The Queen quickly got up and she lifted Hakyeon in the air with her magic. Hakyeon groaned in pain, he felt something was stabbing his heart as he clutched hard his clothes.

The Queen laughed, “do you think you can beat me?” she continued torture him until Hakyeon spitted the blood again and she dropped him to the ground. Hakyeon groaned and he rolled on the ground, the pain still there. The Queen walked towards him with her evil laugh and she pulled him with her to go back to the castle. Hakyeon couldn’t fight because she already paralyzed him and she sealed his mouth shut.

 

 

Taekwoon was pacing on the front door waiting for the woman –the Queen- to come back. His uncle approached him.

“Taekwoon-ah?”

“Where is she uncle? Should I looking for him?”

“No”

“Uncle?”

His uncle pretended in pain and he started wheezing. Taekwoon panicked and he put him back inside and gave him his medicine.

“No no.. I’m fine.. I just worried about you. please, don’t leave me..” he pleaded to Taekwoon and gripped Taekwoon’s clothes tightly.

Taekwoon sighed and nodded.

 

 

The next morning, Hongbin woke up with Jaehwan’s arms around his waist.

“Hyung..” he mumbled and rubbed his sleepy eyes. Jaehwan stirred in his sleep and awoke.

“Morning Beannie..” Jaehwan greeted him cheerfully.

“How’s your feeling?” asked Jaehwan as he looked at Hongbin.

“Umm.. fine..”

“Good. I’ll make the breakfast, okay?”

Jaehwan got up and walked towards the door.

“Can I help hyung?” asked Hongbin suddenly and Jaehwan turned facing him and smiled happily.

“Of course Beannie..”

Then Hongbin smiled and helped Jaehwan.

They ate their breakfast in silence and Hongbin asked where Hakyeon was. Jaehwan told him that he went somewhere important and he assured Hongbin that Hakyeon would be back soon, seemed like he was more reassuring himself.

Hongbin went back to his room and sat back down on his bed. After some minutes, he decided to take a bath and then went to meet his friends.

“Hyung.. can I go to the forest? I want to meet my friends”

“Yeah okay, but come back after an hour!”

“Thanks hyung” said Hongbin and he brought some fruits with him to feed his friends.

 

 

 

“Taekwoon? Let’s go hunting in the forest today?” asked his uncle as they had their breakfast.

“Sure uncle, but.. what if she-“

“Taekwoon, I’m so sorry to say this but.. i don’t like her”

Taekwoon rolled his eyes and scoffed, “Why uncle? She is so pretty and… nice”

His uncle narrowed his eyes, and sighed, “So, are you going to accompany me or not? Do you want your old uncle in the forest alone? What if my illness relapsed? Who will help me?”

Taekwoon sighed and nodded, “Fineeee uncle.. I will go with you”

His uncle clapped his hands and smiled, “Haha! Let’s go after this, shall we?”

 

 

 

Hongbin hung his cloak on the branch and he sat on a big rock. He smiled when he saw the rabbits started to approaching him.

“I’ve missed you too guys”

Hongbin fed the rabbits and after a while the birds and deer also joined them. He laughed happily when he played with them. Hongbin finally could forget about Taekwoon and he enjoyed playing with the animals. And suddenly he heard a gunshot from nowhere and the animals started to run to hide, leaving Hongbin alone. Hongbin quickly hid behind the tree as he heard some heavy footsteps approaching him and he got up.

“Darn it!” an old man swore and he kicked the ground.

“Thanks to you Taekwoon! We have lost the bird, again!” He glared at Taekwoon

Taekwoon laughed and he patted the old man, “They also want to live uncle”

Hongbin stepped out from his hiding and looking at them with shock. They didn’t notice Hongbin there and Taekwoon’s uncle said something and went to another direction. Taekwoon still laughed and when he looked up, their eyes met.

Taekwoon’s smile faded and he tilted his head. Taekwoon looked at Hongbin with amazed. He felt like he had met Hongbin before and then he remembered.

“Hi.. uh.. Hey! I know you!”

Hongbin’s face lighted up and the smile slowly crept up on his mouth.

“You’re the guy that came into my house yesterday? Right? You dropped your apple pies on the floor, remember? May I ask you what are you doing that day?”

Hongbin dropped the smile and looked down, he thought that Taekwoon would remember him but no. he even didn’t know if this was the Taekwoon he knew or not. Taekwoon changed all of sudden and it made Hongbin confused.

“H-hey..” Taekwoon whispered and walked closer to Hongbin.

Hongbin looked up and Taekwoon could see the hurt in Hongbin’s eyes. Taekwoon felt a pang in his heart. He also didn’t know why his heart hurt when he saw Hongbin like that.

“Did I… hurt you?” Taekwoon put a distance between them. he could see the tears started forming in Hongbin’s eyes and then it rolled down on his cheeks.

“W-why are you crying?”

Hongbin didn’t answer, he shut his eyes tightly and bit his lips to prevent his sobs. But his body was shaking so much.

“I-I-I am sorry if I.. hurt you”

Hongbin didn’t look up. Taekwoon walked closer and stood before him. he was nervous to touch Hongbin, afraid if he would scared Hongbin. But he slowly lifted his arm and shed Hongbin’s tears.

Hongbin opened his eyes slowly and he looked up to meet with Taekwoon’s soft gaze.

“I’m sorry if I hurt you” Taekwoon whispered. They stared one another and Taekwoon felt he was so familiar with Hongbin’s face.

“I never knew you are this pretty, w-who are you?” asked Taekwoon and he cupped Hongbin’s face and caressed Hongbin’s cheeks.

That question made Hongbin hurt and Hongbin quickly took a step back and held back his tears.

“Hey.. hey.. where are you going?”

Hongbin quickly grabbed his cloak and ran towards his house. He couldn’t see in front of him clearly because his eyes already teary. So he tripped over and fell to the ground. He felt someone was helping him to stand up and he met Taekwoon’s soft eyes again. Hongbin tried to break free but Taekwoon gripped him harder.

“Hey.. I’m not going to hurt you..”

Hongbin looked away and shed his tears. Taekwoon felt guilty and he cupped Hongbin’s face.

“I’m sorry…”

Hongbin nodded and avoiding his gaze.

“Please.. look at me..”

Hongbin finally looked at him and he still felt hurt.

“Why? Am I hurting you?”

A tear escaped from his eye again and he shook his head, “let me go” Hongbin whispered with a shaky voice. But Taekwoon didn’t let him go, he still stared into Hongbin’ s eyes.

Hongbin sobbed and he couldn’t stand staring at Taekwoon. He was still hurt and the more Taekwoon looked at him, the more hurt he felt. So Hongbin pushed Taekwoon hard and he ran away as fast as he could.