Chapter 8

Snow White (Leobin vers.)

Jaehwan found Hongbin in his room crying. Jaehwan walked towards his brother and he sat beside him. He hugged Hongbin and rubbing his back as he tried to calm Hongbin down.

“Hyung is here baby”

Hongbin hugged Jaehwan and rested his head on Jaehwan’s shoulder. He didn’t want to talk about what happened in the forest. He wanted to forget it. Because it only made his heart hurt.

 

 

Taekwoon walked back to looking for his uncle.

“There you are boy! Where have you been?”

“I…. played with the rabbits”

His uncle shot him a suspicious look. “Let’s go home! I’m tired. Let’s just eat soup today”

Taekwoon nodded and followed his uncle behind. His mind was still busy thinking about the young man that he met earlier. Why he felt so familiar with that young man. And also, why did his heart beat faster when he looked at that young man. And Taekwoon hoped he got to meet that young man tomorrow.

 

 

 

Hakyeon was laying unconsciously on the cold floor with both his wrists and legs were bound to transparent rope. But it would harm Hakyeon if he tried to move. The Queen imprisoned him in a small metal bar, she also paralyzed Hakyeon’s magic power so he couldn’t do anything. The Queen watched him with her evil smirk.

Then she went back to her bedroom. She stood in front of her standing mirror and her face turned into anger. She already tried with her magic to heal the scar, but failed. She screamed loudly and shattered the mirror with her magic. She hated seeing her reflection. She began pacing back and forth and ran her fingers through her hair. She then went to her another mirror and she called the spirit back.

“Mirror mirror on the wall”

“Tell me!! TELL ME!! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW TO MAKE MYSELF BE THE PRETTIEST!”

The mirror made a swirling sound and then came the spirit.

My Queen”

The Queen’s nostril flared and she became more impatient. She gripped the frame and shook it harder.

“JUST TELL ME”

“You can do nothing with the scar, it will remain there forever.”

“I DON’T TRUST YOU! TELL ME!! OR I WILL DESTROY YOU!”

“Actually, there is someone who can heal your scar.”

The Queen smiled widely and she laughed all of sudden.

Tell me”

“…… Hongbin. He is the one who can heal you and make you the prettiest”

The Queen let a low grunt and she really wanted to kill Hongbin at that moment.

“But my Queen, remember.. he only can heal  you if he sacrificed his soul and blood to you, and you have to drink his blood to heal the scar”

The Queen smiled wickedly and she began to thinking about another plan.

 

 

 

The next morning, Jaehwan kept looking at the window, waiting for Hakyeon to come home. But it was almost noon and Hakyeon hadn’t show up. Hongbin also hadn’t come out from his room and it made Jaehwan became stress. Until it was almost evening, Jaehwan knocked on Hongbin’s room and he got no answer. He knocked it again and again, but still no answer. Jaehwan tried to open the door but it locked.

“Hongbin-ah?” jaehwan knocked the door harder and shouted but Hongbin didn’t answer. He began panic and he tried to break the door.

“Hongbin! Open! The! Door!” He slammed his body to the door and finally the door opened. He quickly stepped inside and gasped.

“HONGBIN-AH!!!”

Hongbin laid on the floor with a small bottle on his palm, with his eyes opened wide but it had no life in there. Jaehwan’s tears streamed down on his face and he didn’t know what to do. He saw the small bottle on Hongbin’s palm and grabbed it. There was no description on the bottle, Jaehwan looked around and found a small note with a very beautiful handwriting.

I will take your pain away

Jaehwan shook his head, he knew it must be the Queen’s. Jaehwan bent down and tried to feel Hongbin’s breath. At first, he didn’t feel it and he almost wanted to scream, but then he felt a very soft breath from him. He knew he still could help Hongbin, so he went to the village looking for a help.

In the forest, Jaehwan bumped into someone. It was Taekwoon. Jaehwan wanted to punch him for hurting Hongbin, but he restrained himself and got up while glaring at Taekwoon. Taekwoon offered him his hand.

“Hey.. I’m sorry”

Jaehwan scoffed and ran away.

Taekwoon watched him gone and he was so curious where the man came from.

‘Should I just go deeper to the forest?’

‘Yes’

Taekwoon answered to himself and began to walk to Hongbin’s house.

A moment later, he found a small house and he smiled. ‘I hope this is his house’

Taekwoon walked towards the house and he found the door was wide open. He frowned and knocked the door.

“Excuse me..”

He knocked again and harder this time, but no answer. The house looked empty and he stepped inside slowly.

“Hello? Anybody home?” he asked again as he walked past the living room and he looked around. He saw someone’s foot when he glanced at a bedroom beside him. Taekwoon knocked the door before he opened it wide.

“Hello..”

Then he saw the young man that he wanted to meet so badly since last night. Taekwoon quickly knelt beside Hongbin and took his weak hand.

“What happened to you?” he whispered and he noticed a small bottle and the note beside the young man.

Taekwoon bent down and tried to feel his breath and he could feel a soft breath from Hongbin. he smiled and he noticed how close his face was to the young man. He looked at Hongbin’s lifeless eyes and then down to Hongbin’s red lips. But he could feel the hurt in Hongbin’s eyes.

“I never seen a beauty like you” he traced his other hand on Hongbin’s face and caressed it.

“And I’m so mesmerized by you, and I can’t stop thinking about you.”

“There is something about you that I want to know more about you”

“And I feel….. like I have known you before…” his fingers now tracing Hongbin’s soft red lips.

Taekwoon slowly lifted Hongbin’s head and bringing his lips towards his.

“Let me take your pain away” and then he dipped down to meet Hongbin’s lips. He kissed him softly and opened Hongbin’s mouth with his tongue. He Hongbin’s mouth and nudged Hongbin’s tongue with his. He then heard a small gasp but he didn’t know from where because he was too focused on kissing Hongbin. He could feel someone’s hand gripped his clothes. And then he realized that it was Hongbin. Hongbin quickly pushed Taekwoon and he got up abruptly. He jumped onto his bed and crawled under his blanket.

“What are you doing here!” asked Hongbin.

Suddenly Taekwoon felt dizzy and he remembered everything. He remembered about Hongbin.

Hongbin peeked out from his blanket and confused when he saw Taekwoon blinked.

“Hongbin? You! I remember now! Hongbin-ah..”

Hongbin slowly lifted the blanket off of him, “Do you really… remember?”

Taekwoon got up and walked towards Hongbin. he pulled Hongbin to him and kissed him. Hongbin gasped but he let Taekwoon kissed him.

“I’m so sorry Beannie.. It’s… that woman.. she… I don’t know what she had done to me, but I remembered when she said something to me and then… I don’t know, she made me crazy about her and forgot about you”

Hongbin blinked at him with his confused look, “I thought… I thought… you never love me”

Taekwoon cupped his face and pecked his lips, “I love you Hongbin-ah, and ….. I must have hurt you a lot, huh? Is that why you drank it to end your life?” he pointed to the bottle.

“I…. I’m so sorry.. I didn’t mean to end my life, i thought that the liquid could make me forget you or take the pain away. It’s on the note”

Taekwoon sighed, “Please.. never do that again, for me?”

Hongbin nodded and he smiled when Taekwoon smiled. Taekwoon kissed him again.

“I’m so glad that everything is back to normal”

And Taekwoon kissed him again. He didn’t want to let go because kissing Hongbin was never enough for him.

“HONGBIN! YOU!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!”

Jaehwan barged in to the room and he pulled Taekwoon from Hongbin. Jaehwan pushed Taekwoon to the wall and was about to swing his knuckle to Taekwoon. The shaman that he had called earlier and Hongbin quickly held his hand.

“Hyung.. calm down.. Taekwoon didn’t hurt me. He.. he helped me”

Jaehwan realized that Hongbin was alive and he hugged Hongbin tightly and sobbed.

“You really scared me Hongbin-ah..”

“I’m sorry hyung…”

Jaehwan remembered about Taekwoon and he pulled away from Hongbin.

“What are you doing here!” he glared at Taekwoon.

“Hyung.. he.. he helped me”

“He helped you?” Jaehwan shocked hearing that.

“I don’t know… but.. he kissed me and suddenly I can breathe properly again and … and… look! I’m fine now”

“It’s the power of true love’s kiss” said the shaman all of sudden, making the three of them looked at the shaman.

“True love’s .. kiss?” asked Jaehwan and the shaman nodded and smiled.

“Is that mean, he and… Taekwoon.. are..”

“Yeah. They’re true love”

Taekwoon looked at Hongbin and smiled while Hongbin looked embarrassed and hid his smile. Taekwoon walked towards Hongbin and lifted his face, “Do you hear that? We’re true love” and he kissed Hongbin again.

Jaehwan stared at them while the Shaman went outside. Then the Shaman cleared his throat and called Jaehwan to come out.