Chapter 4

Snow White (Leobin vers.)

Hakyeon and Jaehwan were back home and found the house was dark and looked empty. Jaehwan carefully the lights and he called Hongbin.

“Hongbin-ah? We’re home” called Hakyeon. They exchanged glances when there was no answer and looked at Hongbin’s closed door. They opened the door and found it dark. They looked at the bed and saw a bundled of the blanket. They smiled because they found Hongbin there.

“Hongbin honey? Why are you hiding there?” said Hakyeon as he sat on the edge of the bed. He slowly pulled the blanket but Hongbin gripped it tightly.

“Don’t!”

Hakyeon glanced at Jaehwan with a confused look.

“Hongbin-ah? Why are you hiding from us? It’s me, Hakyeon and your hyung, Jaehwan”

The blanket shook frantically and a soft sob heard from under the blanket. They both worried to what happened to Hongbin.

“What happened Hongbin-ah? You can tell us, you trust us right?” said Hakyeon as he put his hand on the blanket. He could tell Hongbin was shaking his head.

“It-it’s nothing..”

“Hongbin-ah… Please, tell us what happened?” asked Jaehwan and they both heard a soft murmured from Hongbin.

“Hongbin-ah..” said Jaehwan softly. and they both waited Hongbin to pull the blanket off of him. Hongbin slowly peeked one of his eyes out and whimpered as he slowly pulled the blanket off of him.

Jaehwan gasped and Hakyeon tried to look calm. Hongbin looked down and began to cry.

“What… what happened to you?” Jaehwan hugged Hongbin and Hongbin broke into tears. Jaehwan glanced towards Hakyeon and they both had a worried look on their faces.

“I.. I don’t know… I.. hyung.. what happened to me… why.. I… “

“Ssh.. Beannie, we’re here.. Hakyeon will help you and turn you back into normal”

“What if… I can’t be normal again?”

“Of course you can Hongbin-ah..” said Hakyeon as he put his hand on his back and caressing it.

 

 

In the castle..

The Queen laughed and smiled triumphantly and she looked at her magic mirror.

Mirror mirror on the wall

Tell me!! I am the fairest of them all!

 

The spirit came and it laughed to her mockingly.

I’m sorry my Queen, but Hongbin is still the fairest in the world.

“WHAT!”

Yes, he has a beautiful heart and that what makes him the most beautiful creature in the world.

“Are you kidding me!!!”

The Queen began pacing in her room and thinking about another plan.

“I should have killed him!”

You can’t my Queen, he will be the one who can destroy you one day

“NO ONE CAN DESTROY ME!!!”

Don’t be too arrogant, my Queen. His pure and kind heart will destroy you one day.

“Huh! He can’t kill me! No one! I will kill him myself!”

I told you, you can’t my Queen

The Queen got frustrated and she shut the mirror up. The Queen sat on her throne in her room and started to thinking what should she do next.

 

 

Hakyeon read his thick old book to find the cure for Hongbin. Hongbin had told them about the peddler and about he had eaten the apple and then all he knew next was he turned into… like this. Hakyeon had guessed it must be the Queen’s plan. That meant, the Queen knew about Hongbin’s existence and had a plan to kill him soon. Hakyeon and Jaehwan hadn’t tell Hongbin about the Queen. They even didn’t tell Hongbin about Jaehwan’s scar on his cheek. It was Jaehwan’s idea, he just didn’t want Hongbin to know anything about the evil Queen. He didn’t want Hongbin to get scared. He just wanted Hongbin to live happily with his life and not worrying anything. Hakyeon respected Jaehwan’s idea although he thought that Hongbin should know about the Queen so he could protect himself someday.

Hakyeon’s eyes lit up as he found the cure. He began to prepare everything and he was going out to looking for the other object to complete the ritual later. And Jaehwan was busy in the kitchen to make something for Hongbin so Hongbin would cheer up. He hated hearing Hongbin cried all night long and it made his heart hurt.

 

Hongbin put his large black cloak over his head and he made his way out from the window. He knew that Hakyeon was going out and Jaehwan was still busy in the kitchen. Hongbin got bored and he decided to go out to play with his friends. And hoping he didn’t meet Taekwoon later.

Hongbin was greeted by his animal friends, and he happily sat on the ground. He laughed happily as the birds started to fly around his head and chirped happily.

“Oh yeah, i’ve missed you too and I’m sorry i didn’t bring something for you guys”

The rabbits climbed onto his lap and Hongbin scratched its ear fondly. He cooed at the little cute rabbits around him and he didn’t realize someone was approaching him.

 

Taekwoon slowly walked towards the figure that sat on the ground and played with the rabbits. He knew that it must be Hongbin. He smiled widely knowing that he finally met Hongbin.

“Hongbin?” he said as he stood beside Hongbin.

Hongbin tensed and he quickly stood up and turned away. He was about to run away but Taekwoon caught his hand.

“Hey, why are you avoiding me?” he held Hongbin’s hand and tried not to letting him go this time.

“Hongbin-ah..”

“Get off of me” said Hongbin and he tried to pry his hand from Taekwoon’s grip.

“I’m sorry but I can’t Beannie. I’ve missed you so much” Taekwoon pulled his back into his chest and hugging him tight.

Hongbin struggled hard to break free but Taekwoon hug him tight.

“Hongbin-ah.. what’s wrong?”

“Let.. me… go… please”

“No! I want to see you, i’ve missed you so much Hongbin-ah”

“I’m sorry. But i’m in hurry”

Taekwoon let him go and watched Hongbin as he ran towards the deep forest. But then Taekwoon ran after him and carefully following him from behind. And he saw Hongbin walked to the side of a small house and Taekwoon smiled, he finally found where Hongbin lived.

 

Hongbin quickly closed his window and just then Jaehwan walked inside his room.

“Hongbin-ah, I brought your- Aha! Got ya!” Jaehwan glared at his brother and Hongbin smiled apologetically.

“Hyung.. i’m sorry. I just met my friends”

Jaehwan sighed and put the plate on the table and walked towards Hongbin.

“I told you to not to go out without our permission, then why you broke the rule?” he folded his arms while Hongbin looked down.

“I..”

Knock knock knock

Jaehwan and Hongbin looked up and Jaehwan confused. Hakyeon would never knock the door, he had the key with him. So, who was coming to their house? He thought that Hakyeon had made it invisible.

“Stay. Here!” said Jaehwan sternly and Hongbin nodded.

Jaehwan walked slowly to the front door and opened it slightly. Jaehwan gasped and slammed the door. He knew that it was Taekwoon from his handsome features and he just knew that it was him.

 

Taekwoon was smiling brightly when the door opened but then he frowned when the door slammed in front of him. He began to knock the door again. And it took a few minutes for the door opened.

The guy, with blonde hair and a scar on his cheek peeked out nervously at him. Taekwoon tried to smile warmly to the guy and bowed his head.

“Hello.. I’m sorry if I disturb you, uh.. I’m Taekwoon by the way, and I want to meet Hongbin. I know he lives here because I just saw him entered this house. And forgive me if I’m being impolite to you” he added with a smile. Taekwoon seemed familiar with the boy but he couldn’t remember if he had seen him before.

Jaehwan put a small smile, “Hello.. no you’re not disturb me. I’m sorry about earlier, it’s just.. I never expect a guest so when you showed up, it was kinda freak me out” Jaehwan let a little laugh and continue, “Um.. Hongbin? May I know how do you know Hongbin?” Jaehwan narrowed his eyes at him.

“Ah. I met him in the forest that day”

And Jaehwan raised his eyebrow and still didn’t let Taekwoon in.

“Oh, we have a guest today?” said Hakyeon all of sudden and he smiled at Taekwoon. Taekwoon bowed his head to Hakyeon politely. Hakyeon glanced at Jaehwan and nodded.

“Why don’t you let him inside Jaehwanie?” Hakyeon ushered Taekwoon to go inside and they sat on the small sofas in the living room.

“So? Prince Taekwoon, right? What brings you here?” asked Hakyeon while Jaehwan was making some teas for them.

“How do you know my name?” asked Taekwoon who was taken aback.

Hakyeon laughed, “I’m a warlock”

Taekwoon nodded and cleared his throat, “I actually.. wanted to meet Hongbin.”

“Hongbin?” asked Hakyeon with amused smile.

“Y-yes.. Can I?”

“Sure.. but, Hongbin is not feeling well today”

“But I just met him in the forest, and I think he is alright”

“In the forest? Today?”

“Yes”

Hakyeon sighed, he knew that Hongbin was so stubborn. “Well, I don’t think he wants to meet you now”

“Why?”

“As I said earlier, he is not feeling well, your Majesty”

“P-please, don’t call me that. Umm, well.. can I at least, talk to him? Uh.. if he doesn’t mind”

Hakyeon looked at him for a while and then he got up, “I will talk to Hongbin first” and then went to Hongbin’s room.

 

 

“What is he doing here!” Hongbin wanted to scream in frustration, he wanted to see Taekwoon so badly but he couldn’t let Taekwoon see him like this. Hongbin groaned as he saw how ugly he is now. He could hear all the conversations and groaned when he heard Hakyeon entered his room.

“Hongbin-ah..”

Hongbin remained silent and turned his back to Hakyeon, “i don’t want to meet him like this”

“You know.. I don’t think Taekwoon will leave you just because you’re.. like this. He is inlove with you”

“Hyung stop! I don’t want to meet him”

Hakyeon sighed, “okay.. I won’t push you then”. Hakyeon exited the room.

 

 

“I’m sorry Taekwoon, he doesn’t want to meet you now, he is… not feeling well”

Taekwoon’s face fell and he put the cup -that Jaehwan brought for him earlier- back to the table. He nodded slowly and got up.

“Um, well.. can you please tell him that I just worried about him?”

“Sure, I will”

“Thanks.. I uh… I think I will leave now, thanks for the tea” Taekwoon smiled at the two and walked towards the door.

“Wait!”

Taekwoon stopped and quickly turned around. It was Hongbin’s voice. But Hongbin wasn’t standing there.

“Hongbin?”

Then Hongbin walked out from his room without his cloak covering him. He stood there nervously and looked down, he was afraid seeing the disappointment look in Taekwoon’s eyes.

Taekwoon frowned and stormed towards Hongbin, he cupped Hongbin’s face gently and looked concern.

“Hongbin-ah.. is this why you’re avoiding me?” he asked softly and Hongbin nodded, still afraid looking at Taekwoon.

“Look at me Hongbin-ah..”

Hongbin looked up and Taekwoon smiled softly at him.

“You’re beautiful Hongbin-ah”

“I’m not! Look.. i look like an ugly old man”

“I don’t care, I think you’re still look beautiful” he caressed Hongbin’s cheeks gently.

They stared each other and Taekwoon slowly pulled him into a kiss, Hongbin gasped and shocked because Taekwoon just kissed him in front of his hyungs.

“Your kindness makes you beautiful” said Taekwoon softly and Hongbin melted hearing that.

“I won’t ever leave you Hongbin-ah.. I promise, so stop avoiding me because.. I know that you feel the same as me, I love you Hongbin.”

Hongbin smiled at him softly and Taekwoon kissed his forehead, “Feeling better now?” aksed Taekwoon and Hongbin giggled.

“yeah… so much better” he nodded while beamed at him.

“Okay.. enough for the drama. Let’s go Hongbin. Let me try to turn you into normal again” said Hakyeon and pulled Hongbin to his work room.

Hakyeon motioned Hongbin to lay on the bed while he began to start the ritual. Jaehwan and Taekwoon stood beside Hongbin. Taekwoon held Hongbin’s hand and whispered.

“Remember Hongbin, whatever happens next, I always be here by your side. I will always love you” he smiled and Hongbin smiled back.

The ritual began and Hakyeon began chanting the mantra over and over again and they could feel the atmosphere began tense and Hongbin began grunted and panted heavily. Hakyeon was sweating so much, he put all of his energy to take off the black magic from Hongbin. Hakyeon never know that it could be this hard. Hakyeon spitted the blood from his mouth and he fell to the ground as he lifted the black magic off of Hongbin’s body. And Hongbin’s body jerked upwards and he was back to normal again.

Jaehwan rushed to Hakyeon’s side and gave him a glass of water while Taekwoon held Hongbin’s hand and kissed his forehead.

“Hongbin?”

“Taekwoon..”

“You okay?”

“Taek..” Hongbin looked down to see his hands and smiled, “I’m back? Taekwoon? The magic’s gone! I’m back to normal?”

“yes, Hongbin-ah..”

Hongbin hugged him tightly but then he saw Hakyeon was still on the ground with his blood. Hongbin rushed to Hakyeon.

“Hyung? what.. what happened?”

Hakyeon smiled at him, “Hongbin-ah.. you’re back. and I’m fine”

“But.. the blood.. you..”

“I’m fine Hongbin-ah.. it’s .. it’s normal”

Hongbin nodded and smiled at him, “Thank you so much hyung”

Hakyeon had cured other people out there, but he never felt weak like this before and he never spitted the blood from his mouth, he knew that something was wrong with him but he shook his bad thoughts away and tried to think positively. At least, he could turn Hongbin back to normal again.