Chapter 1

Snow White (Leobin vers.)

Mirror mirror on the wall

Who’s the fairest of them all

 

Her red and thin lips stretched into a wide and wicked smile. Her laugh resonated through the walls and the round mirror in front of her suddenly spoke.

“Of course, it’s always been you, my Queen” said the mirror and the Queen smiled satisfied.

She turned around and facing the poor boy. He had a blonde hair and a fresh scar on his left cheek. His legs full of cuts and luckily it had stopped bleeding. He was still crying from the pain. Both his wrists were tied behind him and he hung his head low. Too nervous to facing the Queen.

“Now, you heard that well young boy! I’m the fairest! The prettiest creature in the world!” she laughed.

The boy still crying and the Queen snapped at him.

“SILENT! You’re lucky that I didn’t kill you! Now… Get out! And never step on my castle anymore!”

The boy hurriedly got up and walked to the door limply. The guards were on his each side and pulled him roughly.

The Queen snickered, “Mom?” her son, just turned 7 years this year, and she knew that her son would be the most handsome man on the earth. Of course!

Her son, Jung Taekwoon, was looking at his mom nervously. He glanced between her and the poor boy who had just disappeared from his sight. Taekwoon slowly walked towards her.

“Why are you doing that to people?”

“Why son? I hate when someone more pretty than me. I want me to be always the number one! I’m the prettiest of them all!” she left.

Taekwoon sighed. He felt really bad about that boy. It was for the nth time he had been watched the horrible scenes. And he didn’t like it when his mother killed someone or abused them or something worse. He didn’t have a courage to stop her. He knew that his mother was dangerous. He was afraid, that someday his mother would do the same to him too. He hoped not.

 

16 YEARS LATER

Taekwoon was riding his black horse enthusiastically with his guards were following him behind. He kicked his horse to run faster and faster and he smiled widely as the gate of his home opened for him. The castle’s guards were bowing their head to him and greeted him and his guards on behind.

Taekwoon pulled the rope on his horse and the horse slowly stopped. He saw his mother already waited for him on the front of the castle. She welcomed him warmly as she spread her arms for him. Taekwoon hopped off his horse and hug his mother tightly.

“Welcome home, my son!” she patted his back and kissed his cheeks.

Taekwoon blushed, because his mother kissed him in front of the guards and that was so embarrassing.

“Mom, i’m not a kid anymore”

She ruffled his hair messily and laughed, “But I’ve missed you so much, son!”

“Yeah mom, I’ve missed you too.” he smiled like a little kid and his mom laughed.

“Let’s get you inside first, oh! You must be hungry, aren’t you?”

Taekwoon nodded, “Yeaah..”

Then they went inside. Taekwoon just got back from his uncle’s village. It was far far far away from his home –the castle-. But he liked spending his time there. He preferred living there with his uncle than here with his mom. He moved out when he was 10 years old, because he couldn’t stand hearing someone’s screaming anymore. But he never told his mother what was his reason, and she never asked him. But he always visited her once a year. He never hated his mother, but he just didn’t like the way she treated people.

“Here son. I’ve prepared these all for you” She pushed him down to the chair and then she sat across from him.

Taekwoon already drooled seeing many delicious foods in front of him. he didn’t say anything, he quickly eat everything he wanted to eat.

The Queen smiled softly, “Oh, you like?”

Taekwoon nodded, “Yessm hmm thanm mou sho muh” he spoke with his mouthful. The Queen laughed and she sighed in relief.

“Glad you like these”

She kept watching him eating and suddenly she asked him a question.

“So, do you have… someone? I mean, you turned into a handsome man and also you’ll be the next King. I’m sure.. you must have met someone there to be your partner of life.” Her lips turned into a thin smile.

Taekwoon shook his head, “Nah! I don’t want to think about that this early. I still want to go hunting.” He continued munching his meals.

The Queen smiled satisfied and she walked behind his chair. She put her arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, “Good boy!” she kissed his cheek gently.

Taekwoon didn’t budged.

 

 

Taekwoon had finished his lunch and he went to his room. Maybe took a nap because he was so tired from the long journey.

The Queen was standing in front of her standing mirror on the wall. She was alone in her room and she stood in front of the mirror. She admired herself and smiled. There was nothing change on her body. Everything is perfect. Her skin still smoothed and shone and fair. Her body slimmed and curved perfectly. There was none of her body showing her old age. Of course, she used her magic. She killed the beautiful people just to take their beauty from them and she consumed it so she never looked old. Although she already over hundreds years. Yes, she had been using magic a lot. And killed people a lot. Taekwoon wasn’t her son actually. He was the late King and late Queen’s son. The King was in despair when his wife died, and then she came to him and seduced him to marry her. She was officially the Queen and after she got what she wanted, she killed him. Taekwoon was still 3 years old, and he didn’t know what happened that day.

Speaking about Taekwoon.

She smiled and she couldn’t believe that Taekwoon grown into a handsome man. A very handsome man. And the Queen wanted him. Like wanted him to be her …. lover. She already imagined things. She and Taekwoon would rule the world and be the most beautiful couple in the world. She laughed and then she walked towards her magic round mirror.

She pulled the cover, and smiled.

Mirror mirror on the wall. Tell me! Tell me!! Who’s the fairest of them all!

There was a swush sound from the mirror and it began to speak.

Of course, it’s you. My beautiful Queen.

The Queen laughed and smiled widely. “YES! OF COURSE! I AM THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CREATURE! AND TAEKWOON AND I! WILL BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUPLE! YES! YES!”

But My Queen, you should be careful

“What? What do you mean?” she glared at the mirror. She could hear the mirror sneered at her.

There is a young man far away from here. He lives with his brother and a warlock. He has the beautiful face and beautiful heart. Everyone loves him. Even the animals and the plants. He is the same age as your son. He could be the most beautiful thing on the earth because of his kindness. He could destroy your life, my Queen.

“WHAT! NO!!!” She screamed hysterically. She gripped the frame tightly and shook it.

“TELL ME!! TELL ME WHERE HE LIVES!! HE CAN’T BE ALIVE!”

He lives in the forbidden forest in Taekwoon’s second home. You can’t find him. The warlock is protecting their home. He is a powerful warlock too.

“NO!!! I WILL SEND MY GUARDS TO FIND THEM AND KILL THEM! I WON’T LET THAT BOY ALIVE!”

And one thing my Queen, your son will fall in love to him. hard. They will love each other from the first sight. And-

“NO!!! HE CAN’T!!! TAEKWOON CAN’T LOVE HIM!! HE IS MINE!!!”

The mirror laughed, Don’t be so arrogant, my Queen. I can see the future here. He will destroy your life.

She pulled the mirror from the wall and slammed it down to the floor. It broke into tiny pieces. She panted heavily and put on her robe quickly. She strode down to the hall and called her guards.

“I WANT YOU TO FIND A YOUNG MAN WITH A BEAUTIFUL FACE IN TAEKWOON’S UNCLE’S VILLAGE. HE LIVES IN THE FORBIDDEN FOREST!! HE IS THE ONLY ONE LIVING THERE! FIND HIM AND BRING HIM TO ME! ALIVE! GO!!”

The guards hurriedly do the order.

 

 

Taekwoon woke up and already feeling good. He smiled when he heard the birds chirped on his window. He greeted the birds and the birds flew away. He smiled and he decided that he would go back to his second home.

 

“Oh Taekwoon? Where are you going?” the Queen beamed at him and pulled him to the dining room. He pushed him to his chair like yesterday and shoved the bread into his mouth roughly.

“Here, eat first”

Taekwoon pulled the bread out and spoke, “Ah.. Mom. I’m not hungry. I already ate something this morning.” He put the bread back down to the plate and began to get up.

She pushed him back, “No no no! you have to eat this first”

“Alright alright alright, but later okay? I’m going back home, I will eat this on my way later when I hungry.” Taekwoon put the bread into his pocket.

“What? Why are you leaving so soon? Honey? This is your home!”

Taekwoon got up and placed his hands on her shoulders and bent down a little as he leveled his eyes on her, “Mom.. uncle is already old now and he is alone. I’m pity for him and he needs me”

“What about me? I’m old too. I’m your mom”

Taekwoon sighed, he looked at his mother and he furrowed his brow. He wondered why his mother never show any sign of old. There should at least wrinkle on the corner of her eyes. But she looked… like a young woman. Taekwoon kept looking at her and she smiled seducingly. She closed their gap and Taekwoon immediately back away. He looked away and apologized.

‘This is so wrong. She is your mother, Taekwoon!! You can’t…’

“I-I should go Mom. See ya!” Taekwoon hurriedly went to the front of the castle and there were his guards and his horse already waiting for him. The Queen called behind him and Taekwoon stopped, he didn’t turn around. The Queen grabbed his arm and tiptoed to kiss his cheek.

“I love you Taekwoon-ah”

Taekwoon didn’t say anything. He shocked but quickly hopped on his horse and gone. His mother was acting strange to him on these past years. And he just noticed that now. But he shook the thoughts away.

 

 

Taekwoon arrived safely on his uncle’s home. His uncle welcomed him warmly and he felt happy. He felt safe with his uncle. Although he was tired, but he felt happy and charged when he saw his uncle’s warm smile. He arrived on morning and his uncle fed him his breakfast.

“I know you are tired, and let me feed you”

Taekwoon chuckled but he let his uncle fed him.

“Aah. You must be tired huh?” he pushed Taekwoon into his room after they done and forced him to take a rest.

“You have to take a rest, my dear Taekwoon-ah.”

Taekwoon wanted to argue but he yawned tiredly. “Fine.. thank you uncle”’

“I’m glad you’re here Taekwoon-ah”

 

 

It was already 5 pm when Taekwoon woke up. He found the house was empty. So he went out searching for his uncle. They lived near the forbidden forest. He used to play there with his uncle and sometimes he went hunting with his uncle. And he knew better about the forest.

He walked into the forest and the atmosphere became eerie and dark. But he still could see everything clearly.

“Uncle? Are you there?” he called but he only heard his own voice.

Taekwoon sighed but he kept walking. He was bored in the house, so why not take some walk?

Taekwoon caught a glimpse of white rabbit and he immediately smiled widely and followed the rabbit.

“Hey cutie.. where are you going?” he called the rabbit and the rabbit led him to its friends or family. Taekwoon stopped with his mouth hung open and he saw there were so many fluffy rabbits in front of him.

“Hey guys.. here.. I brought these for you.. hehe”

Taekwoon saw a young male with a black hood over his head. He knew it was a young male from his deep voice. He saw the male was crouched down and he took out carrots and some vegetables from a basket that he carried earlier. That man was playing with the rabbit and the rabbits were surrounding him, wanting his attention. The birds also came to him and it pulled his hood. The man laughed and oh Taekwoon was so in love hearing his laugh. Taekwoon smiled and slowly hid behind the tree. The bird pulled the hood down and the bird was playing with his brown hair.

“Aaah.. do you guys want too? here.. I have some … crackers!” he took some crackers from his basket and he broke it into tiny pieces. The birds chirped happily and ate it from Hongbin’s palms.

The man started humming softly and Taekwoon smiled softly to him. His heart felt happy and calm. Until suddenly something was poking his back. Taekwoon screamed and jumped and he found a deer behind him. Taekwoon backed away with scared face.

“Bambie? Come here! Don’t scare the man, Bambie..” said the young man as he walked towards the deer and slowly caressing its head. The deer leaned into his touch and the young man patted its head gently.

“Good boy” cooed the young man.

“Wh-who, who are you?” asked Taekwoon with a small voice, he was still shocked.

“I’m…”

There was a long pause.

“Umm, you okay?”

“Bean. I’m Bean” the man stuttered. But he still didn’t turn around to look at Taekwoon. He was still caressing the deer.

“Oh, you have a nice name. I’m Taekwoon by the way” Taekwoon tilted his head from side to side and tried to look at the man’s face. But whenever he tried, the man kept avoiding and turned away. Taekwoon found this was funny and he bit his lips to prevent his laugh.

“Um.. I.. I gotta go” The man quickly ran away.

But Taekwoon moved faster than him and he blocked the man’s path. The young man gasped and quickly stopped before he bumped into Taekwoon’s hard chest.

Their eyes met.

For a few seconds they felt a spark in their heart. And Taekwoon’s mouth slightly opened.

‘Beautiful’ that was all Taekwoon could say in his mind.

The young male had a beautiful big-doe like eyes and brown orbs, his sharp nose and high cheek bones, his pink and perfect plump lips.

Taekwoon was captivated by his beauty. He never had seen a beautiful man like him. And he thought maybe .. he liked him. or… maybe love in the first sight?

“Beautiful” Taekwoon whispered and still gawked at him.

The young man gasped again and ran away. He quickly disappeared into the deep forest.

“hey! Where are you going?” he called the young man and followed after him.

But he didn’t see a glimpse of his body and Taekwoon sighed.

‘How can I find you? Bean.. Bean….’ Taekwoon smiled and decided to go back home –his uncle’s house-.