Audience KILLER LOOP - Dir En Grey

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Donghae

"Sir, please state your name."

An annoyed look graced the handsome young man's features as he stared at the psychiatrist in front of him, "Why? You already know it, don't you?"

The psychiatrist showed know sign of faltering beneath the young man's gaze, "It's just for the records."

The young man rolled his eyes, "Donghae."

"Do you know why you're here with me?"

The young man, Donghae, let out a laugh, "Because the officers believe I'm mentally psychotic?"

The psychiatrist sighed and picked up his pen before staring at Donghae with a gaze holding slight worry for the other man, "You admitted to murd-no, slaughtering six other people."

"And?"

"That's not just something most people admit to. You even seem to be...proud of it," The psychiatrist continued to stare at him with slight worry, "You don't look like the type of person to do something like this. And judging from your lack of any police record, you've never gotten into trouble before with the law. Your family says you did well in school, had lots of friends, cheerful...If you really did do this, why did you do it?"

Donghae chuckled lightly, leaning back in the uncomfortable chair he was seated in. His hands lifted onto the table as his brown eyes flashed to the one-way window, where he knew the officers who had been interrogating him earlier were seated and watching. Moving his gaze back to the psychiatrist, he answered with a question of his own, "What's your name?"

Raising an eyebrow at Donghae the psychiatrist answered in a confused tone, "Ryeowook."

"Ryeowook," Donghae repeated, a smile lifting his thin lips as he stared at the small psychiatrist, "Tell me, what do you think about humanity?"

"I'm not sure if I know what you're asking," Ryeowook replied, looking at Donghae with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Could you elaborate?"

Donghae let out a dark chuckle, though it seemed to have no effect on Ryeowook, "I mean, how do you view humanity? What do you think of our entire race?"

Placing his pen on the open notebook before him, Ryeowook looked intently at Donghae, "Then I think the question is, what do you think of humanity?"

Smiling lightly, Donghae leaned forward and clasped his hands together on the table in front of him, "Humanity is...ugly."

"Why do you think that?"

Donghae didn't even hesitate in his answer, "Humans choose power and money over caring for another. They lie constantly. You never know if someone you're close to is actually thinking horrible thoughts about you. Those closest to you, could want you dead. That is the ugly truth."

"Is that why you killed six people who you used to be friends with?" Ryeowook asked, his eyes glancing up from his notebook where he had been writing. Donghae smirked and sat back, but said nothing. Ryeowook let out a small sigh of annoyance before pulling out six files and throwing them lightly on the table. The sound of the files hitting the metal made Donghae look down, and the smirk widened on his face as he stared at the photos of the six people he had killed.

"What is this, Donghae?" Ryeowook asked, looking from the files to the young man in front of him, "What possible reasoning would you have to kill people you don't even know. They all had mother and fathers who loved them. Look at their backgrounds, they have clearly done nothing wrong to you or anyone else. So I just ask you...What is this?"

Donghae chuckled, shaking his head at the psychiatrist before he gestured to all six of the gruesome photos that lay before him, his gaze locking with Ryeowook's as he spoke, "In front of you, is a box garden full of your people's lies and deceit."