Meet You There - Simple Plan

iPod Shuffle Challenge: Donghae

Donghae sighed, wiping away the tears that were already slipping down his cheeks. He was kneeling before a grave, but not just any grave. The grave of his girlfriend. Shakily, Donghae touched the stone, running his finger over the smooth surface. "It's been 2 years..." He softly murmured to the headstone, "2 years since you left me..."

One of his tears left his face and splattered onto the surface of the stone, and more followed. He choked back a sob, trying to keep himself from bursting into uncontrollable sobs, "I have so much I wish you could see...I debuted with a group, we're called Super Junior. I..." He choked back another sob, "One of the members reminds me a lot of you, his name's Heechul. I know you two would've gotten along. All the other members say he's mean and selfish, but I know better...People used to say that about you all the time."

A soft smile graced Donghae's lips as he cotinued to speak to the grave, "I learned fast though...that you were the most caring and loving person. I think that's why Heechul sees me as his favorite dongsaeng...you showed me to always look for the good in people, and I think he's glad I'm willing to do that with him," he paused as he swallowed the lump in the his throat, "I-I'm also with Hyukjae. Remember him? I was friends with him in my trainee days. I've told him about you...he says he wishes he could've met you. The other hyungs...they tell me sometimes to move on, but I just can't. I can't just leave you like this, I know if you could see me right now, you'd be telling me to move on too, but I just can't."

Finally, a sob managed to escape his lips, and he closed his eyes tight trying to stop the slight streams of tears from turning into rivers. He managed to choke back more sobs as he continued, "I promised you that I'd follow you wherever you went, remember? And no matter how far you pushed me away, I'd always be there for you. I know it's going to be painful, but I'm going to wait. I'm going to sit here, and wait until I can meet you again."

Managing to compose himself a little more, he once again ran his thumb over the headstone and sniffled, softly murmuring, "No matter where you go, I'll meet you there."