A Happy Ever After?

Unrequited First Love: The Beginning

I don't think I've done anything productive over the weekends. I was mostly cooped up in my room with my blanket draped over me as I re-watched korean dramas. I was already feeling pathetic as it is, but I made myself become even more pathetic by watching romantic dramas. Will I ever have a happy ending like them? I sighed as I continued to watch the two characters kiss each other.

I dreaded Monday to come because the first period in the morning was Chemistry. It already hurt me enough to even see him walking past me in school, but I had to endure a whole one hour beside him. I think I might go insane and just break down in the middle of class. I didn't know liking someone could hurt this much. But I asked for it, didn't I? Why did you have to be interested in Jeon Jungkook, Hye In ah? You wouldn't be feeling this way if you weren't so curious! 

Monday eventually came. I wanted to hide myself in the school's infirmary because I knew what was going to come. Plus, I did feel sick that day. Chaeyoung and Jisoo were surprised when they saw me because I looked paler than I usually am. I shrugged it off and told them I was fine. 

I was nothing close to 'fine'.

Surprisingly, I made it to Chemistry class on time. I was purposely trying to make myself be late by walking slowly, but Chaeyoung and Jisoo weren't buying it. Their class was nearby mines' so I was forced to walk at the same pace as them.

As I entered class, I realised Jungkook was already in the seat next to mine. Come on, Hye In. It's just an hour. You can do this. Just ignore him. 

I guess Jungkook didn't get the memo that I had no intention of speaking to him because he constantly nudged me during class to crack a joke. If I wasn't so broken, I would have laughed at his jokes, no matter how lame it was. But I wasn't feeling it that day. I could only give small smiles to him. I couldn't even look at him straight in the eye. I only glanced at his eyebrows when I smiled, before quickly turning back to the front of the class.

"Hye In, hey, are you okay?" he whispered to me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I said as I tried to give him a convincing smile.

He seemed unsure whether he should believe me but I quickly changed the topic.

"I heard you got a girlfriend?" 

What the hell, Hye In! Of all things, you're asking about that? You're only going to hurt yourself more!

Jungkook grinned as I mentioned his girlfriend. "Oh, yeah. I guess alot of people have heard about us."

I couldn't help but look in his eyes as he said it. I could see it - how much he cares for her, how much he loves her. I could see it; and it made my heart ache. 

I bit my lip as I realised that he truly liked, no, loved, her. I smiled and nodded, and continued to focus on the lesson. But you guys probably know better that I couldn't focus on the lesson just one bit. Sad was an understatement. It felt like I had been punched, stepped on, kicked, thrown and flung countless times. My tears were threatening to fall, but I couldn't let them to. Not now. 

 

 

Concealing my pain became easier after a few days of practice. Though, that doesn't mean that the pain I felt became weaker. It only became stronger as time passes. It hurts. A lot. And I had no clue how to make it go away.

It wasn't easy trying to focus during every Chemistry class. I don't know how, but every single time during class, Jungkook would tell me five very lame jokes. I always manage to fake a laugh, or give an excuse that I want to focus on the lesson. Luckily, he seemed to buy my excuse and stopped disturbing me for the rest of the class. 

I remember it was July. Jisoo, Chaeyoung and I were out at a bakery nearby school. It was famous for its rainbow cakes and although I was not a big fan of sweets, Jisoo and Chaeyoung forced me to go with them anyways. I was taking a sip of my iced grapefruit juice when Jisoo suddenly slammed the table.

"Oh yeah! Have you guys heard about Jungkook?"

My heart skipped a beat. What about him? "Um, no?" I said unsurely, as Chaeyoung nodded her head in denial.

"Apparently, he and Somi have broken up in June. I heard that they just kind of lost feelings for each other? I'm not sure." Jisoo shrugged.

Jisoo's words kept ringing in my head. I didn't want to admit it, but honestly, I was glad. Glad because I didn't have to go through such pain anymore. 

I bit my lip. "Are you sure? That they broke up?"

"Yup. I stalked both of their instagram accounts and both have deleted pictures of each other that they posted."

Chaeyoung's eyes bulged out. "You stalked their accounts? Seriously?"

Jisoo just smiled and continued eating her cake.

 

 

As soon as I reached home, I plopped myself on the couch. Is it okay to be feeling relieved? I sighed. I shouldn't even be happy over someone's break up. I mean, they broke up for goodness' sake! It's not something for you to be relieved or glad or happy about, Hye In ah. It's not like Jungkook will ever like you anyway. Don't get your hopes too high, Hye In; Jungkook liking you - it's nowhere near possible. This is reality, and you kow it.

I didn't want to believe my thoughts. But I knew. I knew it was impossible. So why, why did a part of me, hidden somewhere deep, thought that maybe I could get my happy ever after?


Ahhhhh!!! I'm so sorry for not updating for so long!!! I'll be double updating tonight as my form of apology, so do anticipate another chapter coming up in a few hours ok! 

Anyways, I know it may seem like nothing to you guys but 20 SUBSCIRBERS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I wasn't expecting much from doing this story because I just wanted to get something off my chest but THANK YOU GUYS. *sends hugs and kisses and love*

Do expect another chapter coming up soooooooonnnnn! ily guys TT

Stay gold, my readers <3