'I Almost Peed My Pants'

Unrequited First Love: The Beginning

I was scared, petrified, anxious, terrified and guilty that I had to say a stereotypical sentence of 'I almost peed my pants'.

Well, technically, I was wearing a skirt, so that particular phrase doesn't exactly suit my exact context, but you get what I mean. It was official. I was about to embark on another chapter of my life: the first day of high school. I was balls fearful of what may lie ahead of me, but I tried my best not to be. Why be cautious and scared of the unknown future that has yet to happen? 

I took a deep breath as I stopped walking to look at the scene in front of me. 

"Yeseul High School," I whispered silently to myself, "Here I come."

I managed to find my class in time, thankfully. There were still a few empty spots available so I chose one near the back and by the window. Typical. As I settled down in my seat, I looked around me. Students were already chatting away as they may have came from the same previous middle school. I moved into Seoul just recently, so I had no one I knew. I was determined, though, to make friends. I guess I may have summoned my courage way too late as my homeroom teacher decided to walk into the class at the same time I wanted to ask the name of the girl sitting beside me. I sighed. I guess I had to wait till later.

Ms Kim, as introduced, started her mandatory welcome speech to the class. I pretended to listen, but my mind was buzzing with worries of whether I was able to make friends. I'm not exactly an extrovert, but I'm not such an introvert either. I'm extremely shy in front of people I don't know to the point that I may not even be able to talk at all, but loud and crazy to people I've long known. 

I was forced to make my brain focus as the next period's teacher walked in. 

"I'm Ms Jung, your maths teacher. Now, take out your textbook and turn to page 10."

Well, that was, real straightforward. Students groaned in annoyance. I mean I understand. Who could do maths in the freaking morning?

The bell rang, signaling it was time for our break. I started to worry even more because I didn't want to be stuck as the loner who had to eat by herself. As I stood up, clutching tightly onto my wallet, I looked around to see if I could start a conversation somewhere. I guess my face was screaming, "Help! I'm lonely, please don't leave me alone here to die!" as a pair of girls walked towards my direction and striked up a conversation with me.

Thankful wasn't the right word to explain such a fate. I was blessed. Blessed because Lady Luck was by my side. 

"Hey, I'm Jisoo and this is Chaeyoung. I don't mean to be rude, but you seem like you needed a friend," the girl with wavy, black hair chuckled. I could've sworn she was the prettiest human being I've ever seen in my entire life. Well, not until I turned to look at the girl Jisoo had introduced to be Chaeyoung. Oh god, I was blessed with two insanely beautiful girls. Bless, bless, bless my eyes. It's such a wonderful day. Why did I have to worry so much?

I laughed and smiled, "Well, yes, that's true. I do need a friend. I'm Hye In."

"Come on, we need to hurry before everyone took all the food away! I'm really really really hungry," pouted Chaeyoung.

I laughed and nodded, following them to the lunch room.

We managed to find a vacant place amidst of the huge crowd of students. As we started eating, Jisoo, Chaeyoung and I took the time to get to know each other. I was glad for having such a wonderful pair of people who made the time and effort to include them in their small circle. 

I was surprised when Jisoo and Chaeyoung revealed to live close by to my house. We walked back home together, with Jisoo being the first to reach home and me being the last. During the few minutes of walking home by myself, I recalled of the promise Chaeyoung had told me.

"Hey, we should go to school together!" Chaeyoung suddenly said as she jumped in front of us. "I mean like Jisoo and I have been doing that for the past five years, but you should totally join us!"

I was hesitant. "Are you sure? I mean like I'm not being rude, but you guys have been doing it for the past five years together, and then I suddenly just barge in like this..."

"Excuse me, Hye In ssi! You're officially part of us now, alright? Don't ever think you're barging in between us, okay?" Jisoo reprimanded me.

I smiled, embarrassed and nodded.

Chaeyoung gleefully clapped her hands and did a mini jump. "Alright, promise?" She said as she held out her pinky finger towards us.

"Seriously?" I laughed as Jisoo wrapped her pinky around Chaeyoung's.

Both of them looked at me with dead serious eyes. I surrendered and wrapped my pinky around theirs. 

"It's going to be a great three years! I can feel it!" Chaeyoung smiled to herself.

I wanted to agree, but I had an unsettling feeling to my heart. However, I turned a blind eye to it and nodded happily to a smiling Chaeyoung and JIsoo.

 


It's really short but I hope you guys liked this chapter, otherwise. :) Just a filler before I start building up to the ! 

What are your thoughts on my writing? Do give me comments so I can improve, yeah? 

xx lily