shooting day

Chatting

“So… you’re going to act with Solbin as your co-star in your first web drama and you didn’t know about that before today?” asked Seungkwan to Mingyu when they and Hoshi and Dokyeom were in balcony, having some light conversation between themselves.

Mingyu nodded weakly in response to Seungkwan’s question. “Manager hyung wanted to surprise me and yes, he did, but it wasn’t like he thought it would be,” he said then sighed heavily. He sat on the floor with his back leaned on the cold tilled wall while his friends sitting on the plastic chairs or just standing and leaning onto balcony.

“Then, what do you feel about that?” asked Dokyeom curiously as he leaned his body forward to Mingyu. “Aren’t you supposed to be happy? But why you don’t look so?”

“Don’t you forget they’ve broken up?” cut Hoshi quickly. “I think he’s in dilema now. He’s surely happy to be with her again because we know how much he loves her even though they aren’t together anymore, right? But he’s upset too with this situation where they can see each other often from now on but they can’t be like they used to be. The situation will be so much awkward, right?”

Mingyu nodded again as he looked at Hoshi with an impressed look. He did not know the older man could understand him that well and he was so thankful about that. “I don’t know what will happen tomorrow,” he murmured on his knees he was hugging. “I just don’t want us to be awkward…”

Seungkwan then approached Mingyu and patted his shoulder lightly before he hugged him, encouraging him. “It will be okay, Gyu,” said Seungkwan. “Just be yourself and don’t make her feel awkward if you don’t want it to happen.”

Mingyu hugged Seungkwan back and whispered a ‘thanks’ weakly.

 

***

 

On the next day, Solbin was getting ready for today’s shooting as her stylist checked her appearance for the last time. After that, the director called her to be shooted and she could feel her heart thumping so fast as she looked at her co-star, Mingyu, who had been ready in shooting set, waiting to play his role with her. She tried hard to act normal in front of him as she approached him to start the shooting. The man smiled at her and it made her blank for a moment. Then the director gave a commando to start the shooting.

The web drama was about a man and woman who eventually fell hard into each other. It was cliché but never sounded boring for some people. The plot of it was kind of interesting and that was why Solbin agreed to it.

Doing this shoot with Mingyu was like a reminiscene of their dating days she longed for. It also felt like an irony. She wished they were still a couple. She wished they were just ordinary people who did not afraid to date each other in the public. Unfortunately, it could not happen to them and it made her sad.

“Cut!” shouted the director, snapping Solbin off from her short daydreaming during the shoot.

Solbin blinked her eyes for some times before she realized she made a mistake. She bowed her body and apologized to the director before the shooting started again.

After that, Solbin made a lot of mistakes. Most of them was she randomly didn’t respond to Mingyu’s dialogue that made the conversation delay. Sometimes she forgot her lines too. She felt so awful and sorry to the director.

“It’s okay. it’s normal in the first day but I hope you won’t be like that anymore,” said the director with a warm smile at Solbin after he stopped the shooting for some times. “This is not our first time working together but this is your first time doing a lot of mistakes in one day. Is there something bothers you?” he asked with concern.

Solbin quickly shook her head. “No. Everything’s fine,” she lied. She could not tell the truth after all. “Maybe… it’s because of my tight schedule. I have lack of sleeps lately.”

The director then nodded. “You still looked awkward with Mingyu, don’t you know that?” he said again that made Solbin’s cheeks blushed. “You can’t be like that! You two are a couple in this story. Try to get the chemistry with him by practicing the dialogue together, will you?”

“Is it okay?”

“Why not? Are you afraid you’ll fall in love with him?”

Solbin faked a chuckled as she shook his head again. “Of course, no. I can’t date anyone for this moment. My agency ban it strongly.” She secretly sighed after saying those words.

“It’s hard being an idol but it’s worth to do, isn’t it?” then the director got up from his chair, signaling he would leave. “It’s almost break time. Ask Mingyu to have lunch together and have some chats with him before you ask him to practice today’s dialogues together,” he said then after he shouted a ‘fighting!’ to her, he left the room with some staff of the drama.

Solbin was still sitting on her chair even after the director had been out of her sight. She knew what she would have to do to correct her mistakes but she was doubt she could make it. When she was drawn in her own thoughts, someone tapped her shoulder lightly. She turned her face to see the person then she startled at what she saw.

“Want to have lunch together?”

 

***

 

A/N: I’m sorry for being hiatus on this story. Honestly, I wanted to stop writing for a or some reasons so that’s why I stopped for like two months but then I suddenly missed it and when I re-read this story, I thought it deserved to be done, don’t you think so? So, I decided to continue this story again but it may take a long time. Would you wait for it? By the way, I want to say thank you to those who read my stories and comment on them :’) I feel my english is kind of worst in this chapter because it’s been a while I haven’t written anything in english and I’m sorry for that T.T please, support Laboum and Seventeen! And… I want to say Ramadhan Mubarak (?) to my muslim readers. Fighting! ^o^)9