unspoken feelings

Chatting

Solbin could not properly hear what the director said as she looked at the man before her in disbelief. No way!

"...So, I hope you two can do your best for this drama!" the director smiled at Solbin and Mingyu. "Solbin-ssi, are you all-right?" he asked after he realized the girl was stunned in her place and when he looked ay her direction, he laughed. "I know Mingyu-ssi is handsome but you have to control yourself, Solbin-ssi!" he patted Solbin's shoulder that made her come back into her sense.

Solbin let out a shaky laughed in response as her face reddened. Mingyu followed fit.

"Well, I leave you two to talk about the script and I hope you can build a good chemistry after that." The director turned his face to Mingyu before he left the room. "Please, treat her well, Mingyu-ssi!"

The room was awkwardly silent when there were just Solbin and Mingyu. They sat across each other, avoiding eye-contact by looking at the scripts in their hands absentmindedly.

To tell the truth, Mingyu was so happy to see Solbin again. It was a nice surprise to be able to work with her too. He knew that the girl might not feel the same way but he was fine. He was happy enough to see her again.

"It's nice to meet you, Mingyu-ssi, and I hope we can work well together," said Solbin, breaking the ice between them, in a monotone voice.

Mingyu's heart hurted a bit to hear those words. Solbin acted as if they never met each other before. He knew she was just being professional but he could not help not to feel the ache in his heart. He smiled a bit at Solbin and nodded. "I hope so. Let's get along well with each other from now on."

 

***

 

"Why do you this to me?" asked Solbin in a cold tone to her manager when they were on their way home.

"Do what?" the manager asked her back nonchalantly.

"You know what!" Solbin exclaimed in annoyance as she looked at her manager, who was driving the car, from the rear-view mirror. "You know that guy will be in the same drama with me. He will be my co-star. Why do you do this to me? You said I have to be far away from him but now?! Why do you do this to me?!" She could not control her anger anymore. She used to bottle in her feelings but she could not do that anymore. She was fed up.

The manager let out a heavy sigh and tried not to get heated because the situation would be getting worst if he did that. "This is not exactly my decission to agree that project, you know? Our CEO has approved it and all I can do is watching over you from the start until the end of the drama," he started to explain. "It was a difficult decission to make honestly but it worth to try so we agreed it." He paused for a while before he continued his words again. "We believe you can do this professionally so why you complain it?"

"Because you didn't tell me beforehand!" Solbin snapped. "You know nothing about me. You don't even care about my feeling..." her eyes got watered as she said that. "If... if you did tell me... I would never approve this project..."

"Do you still have a feeling for him?"

There was a long pause after that only being cut by a sob from Solbin and the manager knew excatly what the answer was even though it was not being spoken.

 

***

 

Seventeen's members held a surprise party at their dorm to celebrate Mingyu's first drama project and the said man was so happy to have it, he had forgotten about a certain event back in the meeting. Every member wished him good luck with a pat on his back.

"By the way, who's the female lead, hyung?" asked Dino when they ate the cake.

Mingyu choked on his cola after he heard that.

Their manager, who was also in the party, laughed at Mingyu's reaction to the question. "I don't know you can be this nervous to hear that question, Gyu!" he teased his artist. "No wonder, the female lead is a very beautiful girl! She looks like an angel."

"Really? Who is she, hyung?" asked Minghao curiously.

"Ahn Solbin, a member of girl group named Laboum."

There was a deadly silent after that. Of course, every member of Seventeen knew about the girl. They also knew about the girl's past relationship with Mingyu. Only the manager who did not know about that.

 

***