Chapter 7

Forgive (But Not Forget)

Time passed by really fast when you keep yourself busy with your life. Even 24 hours wouldn’t be enough to keep everything in check. With all the shootings, editorial, meetings and whatnots in the office, I feel like cutting my body into several parts so that I can get everywhere. Having not enough time in the office, I decided to bring editing work to home.

 

Someone is not happy with my action though.

 

“I swear to God, Sky Lee. Sit down and eat your dinner. I cooked olio for you.”

“I am sitting down.”

“I mean, sit down here next to me on the couch and eat your dinner. Not in front of Ben on the floor. You’ll get your back hurt.”

“Yes, mummy,” I sat still on the floor, eyes focused on my work.

“Sit your down this pillow, young lady. Now. Don’t make me pick you up, Sky Lee.”

“What if I don’t?” I smirked without turning to him.

 

The next thing I knew, I felt an arm on my back and another one behind my knees. Chanyeol picked me up bridal style before settling myself on the couch. Thank God I managed to save everything before shutting off my laptop and held it close to my chest to avoid myself dropping my precious Ben.

 

“Now, do you want me to feed you or what?” He asked me, face too close to my own.

 

I pushed his face away for him to take the space beside mine. Ignoring the fast pace of my heart due to his close proximity, I reached for the plate on the coffee table and began to eat the pasta Chanyeol cooked for me. A hand reached out to pat my head and I just let him. Somehow, I can sense his smile without me looking at him.

 

“Good girl.”

 

We continued to enjoy our dinner quietly, saved from the sound from the sound of Dewey Finn shredding the guitar on the television. When I finished my food, I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to wash. While I was washing, I felt a presence beside me and saw Chanyeol placing his plate in the sink.

 

“Thank you for washing.”

“Thank you for the olio too. It’s good.”

 

I continued to wash after I nodded while Chanyeol stood coolly beside me, watching me clean the dishes and all the utensils he used to cook. When I finished, I was drying my hand when I felt a peck on the back of my head. I turned to see Chanyeol already walked out of the kitchen and sat on the couch again. I saw his cheeks went a little pinkish and I’m pretty sure mine mirrored his.

 

It’s not uncommon though. After he had the little argument with Sehun that fateful night, Chanyeol became bolder by initiating a lot of skinship with me. Not only holding my hand in public or kissed my forehead out of nowhere, he slept with me a lot too.

 

Not that kind of sleep though. He said he had trouble sleeping alone, so he decided to sleep in my bedroom or his bedroom (if I am the one visiting), saying maybe it’s easier for him to sleep if I’m there. If he’s at my apartment, he will sleep on the futon on the floor right beside my bed.

 

After a few nights of me waking up having my hand hanging beside the bed while holding his (I have no idea how but it did happen.), it started to get a little painful. I need my arm to be good for me to get my job done but I don’t want him to get sleeping trouble too. So, I just pulled him to my bed, telling him to just sleep beside each other.

 

Both of us were shy at first but after a few nights, we both moved automatically. We’ll sleepily brush our teeth together before hitting the bed. We’ll sleep beside each other with my back facing him and my head will be on his left arm. He’ll secure his right arm on my waist before burying his face on my neck to kiss it gently and whispers of 'good night' will be exchanged.

 

In the morning, we will wake up in the same position from the previous night. Sometimes my face will be on his chest while my whole body will be caged in his arms. Forehead kiss will be given to me before both of us get off the bed to cook breakfast and shower. Some of our clothes were already in both of our wardrobes, so we don’t need to get out of the house to shower in our own apartment. We can go straight to work after breakfast too.

 

It’s intimate, like a couple.

 

But, of course, we’re not.

 

Yet, my brain told me.

 

After I made sure the kitchen is clean and spotless, I went back to the couch and sat beside him. He turned his head towards me and flashed his adorable dorky smile. He, then, pulled me closer to his body before wrapping his arms around my shoulder. I scooted closer to him, placing my legs on his lap while leaning on his shoulder.

 

“Hey, you’re warm.”

“Um, thanks?” I told him confusedly.

“No. Really,” He placed his palm over my forehead. “Are you okay? Are you having a fever?”

 

Oh, here comes Doctor Park.

 

“Don’t even think about calling me Doctor Park, Sky Lee.”

 

Damn, I thought while pouting to him.

 

“Seriously, Sky. You’re warm. Let me take the medicine.”

 

Chanyeol put my legs off his lap before trying to stand up. He almost slipped off the couch before I pulled him back to sit down. I buried my face on his chest, trying to make him not to force me to take medicine by being annoyingly whiny. I know he won’t budge but it worth trying.

 

“No,” I whined.

“Why?” He scolded me but still patted my hair. “You want to be sick, young lady?”

“No.” I pouted.

 

He pushed my head off his chest and held my cheeks while looking me at the eyes. Damn this guy. He knows my weaknesses.

 

“So, let me just take the medicine.”

 

I let him go reluctantly. Following him walking to the kitchen with my eyes, I looked at him calmly rummaging his cabinet, probably searching for his supply of paracetamol. I did feel a little warm and uneasy inside since I got back from work though. I thought it was just because of the cold weather outside. After I showered, the warm was gone which made me think it was nothing and went to Chanyeol’s apartment.

 

A worried Chanyeol is cute, to be very honest. I remembered that one time I fell down from a chair when I was trying to reach for plates in his kitchen cabinet. I thanked God for Chanyeol and his quick moves as I fell into his arms. If it wasn’t for him, my head or my back could hit the hard marble cabinet and cause serious injuries. I wanted to turn to him and thank him when I felt he lowered us to the floor. When we sat down, I felt his arms were getting tighter around my waist. He hid his face on my neck and kissed it.

 

“My life has been reduced by 500 years, Sky. Please don’t do that ever again.” He said.

 

It was a pretty shocking view when I saw his face. He was really pale. At that moment, I realized I made him worried. As an apology, I kissed his forehead and cheeks. I immediately felt relieved when I saw a calm and broad smile spread on his face.

 

A soft movement beside me brought me back to the present. Chanyeol was back with a packet of paracetamol and a glass of warm water. I pouted. It’s not a problem for me to take the medicine. Paracetamol has been my best friend since I was small as I can easily get sick no matter how many vitamins I consumed. I just pouted to hear him nag at me.

 

“Sky Lee, be a good girl and take the medicine.”

“Don’t wanna.”

“Sky, you told me you got lots of work to do in the studio tomorrow. I don’t want you to walk out of this house with high fever and spread it around Seoul. I don’t want you to get sicker too. God forbid, but your condition could get worse by tomorrow morning if you don’t take the medicine now. And you will whine at me about how you’ll miss work. Not that I mind though, but still. Take the medicine, please?”

“Mission accomplished.” I opened the packet to pull out the strip.

“You seriously resisted just to hear my nagging?” He looked at me unbelievably.

 

I just pulled out my tongue to annoy him more. We continued to watch the movie until the credit rolled out. The fatigue from work today and side-effect from the medicine made me sleepy. Noticing it, Chanyeol quietly pulled me up and led me to the bathroom. After brushing our teeth and washed our face in silence, we jumped on Chanyeol’s bed.

 

“Wow. I didn’t know I was this tired.” I stretched my arms before wrapping it around Chanyeol’s body.

“Oh, God. Tell me about it. Sitting in the studio for 10 hours really my energy.” He buried his face on my neck.

“But you finished the song you’re composing for the new drama’s OST right?” I slowly ran my fingers in his soft hair.

“I did.”

“Then, the 10 hours of shutting yourself out of the living world were worth it.”

“Yeah. You’re right.” I can feel his smile forming on my neck. “Thank you.”

“For?”

“Turning my misery to be positivity.”

“You’re welcome.” I kissed his forehead.

 

Before we dozed off, Chanyeol made me promised to let him sending me to work the next day. I wanted to protest but he began to whine and weirdly move his legs – if he’s standing, it will look like he’s stomping his feet. So, to stop him from doing anything weirder (i.e., whining ‘please, please, please’ non-stop for five minutes, rolling on the bed until I stop him, etc.), I agreed.

 

The bright smile I saw and the soft ‘thank you’ I heard before closing my eyes really made everything inside me burst into happiness and warmth.