Chapter 5

Forgive (But Not Forget)

Since that fateful night, Chanyeol and I were getting closer than we already are. Even though we are busy with our own work (me with my work in the studio and Chanyeol with his photo shoots and music production), we always make sure we texted every day even if only to wish good morning and good night. If he’s not busy, he’ll take me to lunch or send me food when I’m too occupied with my work. I did the same if I have free time. On free days, we will go to each other’s house alternately to watch movies or cook. Sometimes, we roam around Seoul for food hunting or just go for a drive and talk about everything under the sky or about how our days went when we don’t have the time to share it every day.

 

He meant what he said that night though. He did shower me with lots of love. He cared for me more and more each day. He nagged at me if I skipped my meal time but a few minutes after that, food delivery came and warm food will be in my hands. Once, he came to my apartment and hugged me and sang me lullabies until I sleep when I whined at him about my bad day at the studio that day. The next morning, I found myself sleeping on him, my head rested peacefully on his broad chest. My cheeks went on fire when I realized one of his hands cradling my head and another one tightly wrapped around my body. I really thought he will go home after I fall asleep.

 

“I want us to wake up beside each other.” He told me bashfully during breakfast.

 

I, of course, fall for him more and more.

 

Three months into this kind of friendship (or relationship?), I got more than a billion of whiny messages (text and voice notes) from Sehun, Baekhyun and Jongdae; saying I haven’t spent so much time with them anymore. I felt guilty for leaving them to spend my time with Chanyeol. To make up to them, I decided to spend one afternoon with Baekhyun and Jongdae to have lunch with them and maybe do some shopping and later at night, I promised a movie marathon night with Sehun after dinner at Sehun’s favourite chicken place.

 

Chanyeol has no problem with me hanging out with my best friends; saying I can have space all I want to spend with anyone other than him. But that doesn’t mean he won’t text me though.

 

yeolda <3

i miss you already :(

12:34pm

 

yeolda <3

i did kimbap for lunch

- image attached -

12:44pm

 

me

looks yummehhh! you did good! im so proud of you <3 leave me some please :3

12:46pm

 

yeolda <3

- image attached -

12:58pm

 

me

hdu sending an empty plate u bad boi dun leave any for me (T_T)

12:59pm

 

yeolda <3

- image attached -

- image attached -

- image attached -

1:02pm

 

me

PARK how many times shud i tell u selcas wont make up if u finish the food without me >:(

1:03pm

 

yeolda <3

i’ll drop by tonight after sehun go home so u can spend all night watching me lying beside u. how’s that sound? <3 <3<3

1:03pm

 

yeolda <3

and have i told u ur texts with emojis r really adorable? ;)

1:04pm

 

“Okay. We didn’t come here to see you text more, Sky Lee!”

 

I was at ‘bring chicken wings and i’ll let you in :P’ when I heard Baekhyun whined. I sent the message before placing my phone next to my plate of lasagne. Sitting beside his precious Baekhyunnie, Jongdae didn’t look happy either; because of his boyfriend’s whines or of me ignoring them.

 

“You don’t even listen to what I said.” Baekhyun continued to whine dramatically.

“Yes, I did.” I defended myself.

“Oh really?” Jongdae raised his eyebrows. “What did Baekhyun yammering about just now?”

“He whined about the brat newbie models he worked with last week. It’s their first time becoming models but they acted like they were supermodels with more than 98 years’ experiences.” I replied. “Oh, and there’s this one model with this hideous blonde hair. He criticized the way Baekkie put on his eyeliner. And he almost spooned the poor kid’s eyeballs or ruined his hair with blue dye and hair straightener.”

 

Baekhyun groaned before pulling out his wallet from his fancy embezzled clutch. I looked at him confusingly when I saw him fished out 5000 won. His boyfriend thanked him and took the note.

 

“This is why I hate her talent in multitasking sometimes,” Baekhyun whined again.

“I told you she'll listen,” Jongdae said with smug.

“Did you guys have a bet?” I asked.

“Yes, we did. But forget about that.” Baekhyun leaned closer to me. “Who are you texting anyway?”

“No one.” I reached for my phone before Baekhyun got his pretty soft hands on it.

“You have your stupid high school girl texting her crush kinda smile these days. Is there a boy you hiding from us?”

“I don’t have that kinda smile.” I defended myself. “And I’m not hiding anyone.”

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae scoffed.

 

“Yeah right.” Jongdae joined. “Yanno we will find out whoever underage you’re texting sooner or later right?”

“Unfortunately, yes.” I rolled my eyes. “But no, he’s not underage. He’s older than me.”

 

Another eye roll came from me when I heard Baekhyun and Jongdae simultaneously (and dramatically) gasped. Big Brother #1 and Big Brother #2 drama cue in five, four, three, two...

 

“Did you hear that, Dae?”

“I heard it, Hyunnie dear. Loud and clear.”

“Our baby has grown up. She is getting to know someone. But wait...” Baekhyun turned to me. “Who is this ‘he’? Why don’t you introduce him to us? What’s his name? What is he working as? How cute is he? Do you have his picture?”

“Yeah. I mean, don’t you know the rule of introducing your future boyfriend to both of us? For us to look at whoever going to love you.”

“Oh, dude.” I groaned. “That is so big brother.”

“We are basically older than you.” Jongdae shrugged.

 

I rolled my eyes again.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongdae. Since when are you interested in the nonexistence of my love life?”

“Uh, since forever?”

“You know we always interested when you mentioned about men.”

“I think 99% of the men I always talked about are gay.”

“Well, there’s still of hope with that 1%.”

“You know the only straight guy I always talked about.”

 

That made them went quiet. They looked at each other before they turned to me with scandalous looks.

 

“Please tell me it’s not who I think it was.”

“I’m pretty sure we’re thinking the same guy.”

 

Their curious and scandalous look turned full of concern. I don’t like that look but I’m prepared for it. Sooner or later, they’ll know who I’m talking to and they will react like this too.

 

“Sky, are you really talking to Chanyeol again?”

 

I showed them my chat thread with Chanyeol. Ignoring the gasps from them, I pulled my phone away from their eyes. I hate it when they looked worried every time the topic of Chanyeol came out. I know they’re just concern about not being able to move on from Chanyeol. I explained to tout how I really feel about him even after five years being far away from the tall man. I told them about how we met each other again in New York and in Seoul. They were shocked when they knew about Chanyeol’s current living place since they didn’t know he moved to my apartment building as they only met in the agency.

 

When they voiced out their concern about this, I just told them I’m able to handle myself if anything happen between Chanyeol and I in the future. I know they’re just worried if I will run away if there is another repetition of what happened five years ago because that’s what I did the last time it occur. I just calmed them down and asked to hope for the best for both of us. There’s nothing wrong to give Chanyeol another chance, I said. They reluctantly agreed with me but convinced me that they just want me to be happy. And if having Chanyeol by my side is what it takes for my happiness, they’ll be happy too. We dropped the topic immediately and continued to eat lunch. I thanked God for lifting up all the awkwardness and made the lunch ended smoothly with us promising to see each other again.

 

Now, the last concern.

 

Oh Sehun.