Chapter 6

Forgive (But Not Forget)

My palms were sweaty. Sehun and I just got back from the chicken place, both full of spicy chicken wings and rice. Sehun was in front of my laptop, deciding what movie series we should watch. I myself was in the kitchen, getting cans of soda drinks and snacks for munching. I felt really nervous to tell Sehun about Chanyeol since he was the one who was really pissed off whenever Chanyeol’s name was brought up. Baekhyun and Jongdae told me to tell him slowly about this and stop if Sehun shows any signs of temper. I took a deep breath before walked out with all the stuff.

 

“Hey, are Mike Banning collection, White House Down and Air Force One will be okay?”

“Are you planning to assassinate POTUS in the future?”

“Uh..no?”

“Then, it’s cool.” I sat on the couch.

 

Sehun clicked play and Olympus Has Fallen began. He took the space beside mine before placing his head on my lap. He is an international supermodel who is super gay and has interest on a certain ballet instructor working in Julliard, but when I am around, he turns into an unknown super brat and stuck by my side 24/7. I played with his blonde hair while watching how the FLOTUS got killed in a tragic car accident on Christmas Eve. By the scene of the rescue mission of Connor, the son of POTUS has been done, a knock echoed throughout the apartment. My fingers on Sehun’s hair stopped moving. Sehun looked at the door before turning to me.

 

“You're expecting someone?”

 

I shrugged. He got up from my lap and let me go to the door to see who the unexpected guest is. When I opened the door, I gasped when I saw Chanyeol. He dropped his idiotic but adorable smile and he became pale.

 

“Is Sehun still in?” He whispered.

“What the are you doing here, motherer?”

 

I looked to my back and saw Sehun was standing behind me, looking like he’s ready to attack Chanyeol in a second. Reacting through instinct, I used my body to protect Chanyeol from Sehun.

 

“Step away, noona. I’ll take care of him.”

“You have to go through me first.”

“What the ?” He sounded so frustrated. “Noona, are you ing serious now? Why are you protecting this ?”

“Because this is no longer an , Sehun. Back off.” I warned him.

“Move.” When I stayed still, he moved closer. “I’m warning you, noona. I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Then, back off. I don’t want any trouble now, Sehun. Don’t do it.”

 

Before Sehun could raise his hand, I felt my wrist was pulled to the back and in a swift motion, Chanyeol is in front of me now and shielded me from an angry Sehun.

 

“If you’re mad at me, punch me. Don’t hurt her.”

“Oh, if she didn’t protect you just now, I will kill you by the time she opened the door, er.”

“Sehun, please..” I tried to calm Sehun.

“It’s okay, Sky,” Chanyeol said without turning to me. “This is between me and Sehun.”

“Chanyeol, no. I don’t want any of you two get hurt.”

“I need to talk to her alone. Get out.” Sehun said monotonously. “Get out before I ing stab you with the knife.”

 

Chanyeol listened to Sehun and turned back to stay outside for a while. When I closed the door, my wrist got snatched again, by Sehun this time.

 

“You.” He said gravely. “What the are you doing? Why is Chanyeol here?”

“He came to visit a lot for the past few months, Sehun.”

“Few months? Wait.” He looked at me curiously. “Is he the one who kept you away from us?”

“He didn’t keep me away from anyone. I just..”

“What?” He cut my words. “Noona, did you forgot how he crushed your world five years ago? That made you went away for years? That made me lost my noona?”

“He came to me, Hunnie. What do you expect I do? Push him away?”

“Yes!” He cried. “Noona, I thought you’re over him.”

“I never move on from him, Sehun. The feelings get stronger every day.”

“He hurts you a lot. Really lots of time. How can you still be like that towards someone like that?”

“Yes, he hurts me a lot. I forgive him for all those things. But I can’t let him go. I can’t forget about him. I tried, Sehun. I tried. I swear to God, I tried.”

 

Tears began to form in my eyes. I have no idea why my tears are so cheap these days that I let it drop easily. This is as hurt as five years ago. Sehun desperately did everything he can to help me to move on from Chanyeol. But it’s useless. I’ll still remember him the same. Or stronger. Sehun looked trapped in guilt. From the corner of my eye, I saw him walked closer to me and gave me a side hug, trying to calm his older sister.

 

After I calmed for a while, we went back to the couch and sat there. Sehun placed his head on my lap before asking me how I contacted him again. I told him everything that happened when I reached Seoul three months ago. He groaned about him to be the one who supposed to pick me up at the airport and help me around the house. I told him about what we both talked about at the swing that night and the progress of our friendship too. He listened to me patiently without interrupting anything.

 

“He kissed you? Why did you let him kiss you, noona?” Sehun wailed.

“Out of all stuff I told you, that’s the question you decided to ask?”

 

He pouted when I pulled his nose. We went back to silence. I carded my fingers through his thick hair. I always do that to make Sehun relax. After a few minutes, Sehun went up from the couch. He told me he wanted to have a man-to-man talk with Chanyeol. I was very concerned when he said ‘man-to-man’ because the last thing I wanted to happen between them is a fist fight. However, he promised he won’t touch Chanyeol and I hold to his promise.

 

The talk went on for almost five minutes and I became fidgety on my seat. I almost pulled my phone from the coffee table to text Baekhyun and Jongdae to ask for help when the front door was opened. I immediately got up from the couch and went to them. I subtly searched for any injuries on my two favourite boys and found none, thankfully. I looked at both of them, trying to extract any explanation.

 

“I’m giving him a ing chance. He hurt you one more time and I’m ing kill him no matter how you try to stop him.” Sehun said in low voice.

“Thank you,” Chanyeol said sincerely. “I really appreciate it. I really do.”

“You don’t win me yet, Park. I’m serious. If I ever see her cry again and it’s because of you, I’ll kill you.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, respecting my little brother’s decision. He excused himself, saying he’s no longer wanted to do his POTUS marathon and wanted to go home. We looked at Sehun packing up his stuff. I knew the little argument ruined his mood but I just let him go. I don’t want to upset him longer. When Sehun went out, Chanyeol turned to me.

 

“I’m sorry. I ruined your night with Sehun.”

“It’s okay.” I smiled at him.

“No, it’s not okay.” He solemnly said. “You both rarely have time for each other and I decided to ruin it.”

“Hey.” I palmed his cheek and rubbed it. “It’s okay. Both of you didn’t fight each other and I’m glad about that.”

“But still—“

“Chanyeol, sooner or later, I have to tell Sehun about us. I’m planning to tell him after the movie. But then, you came. So, I’m glad I already explained everything to him. I will delay it if you didn’t come.”

 

Chanyeol nodded before hugging me tightly. I buried my face on his chest, letting out a sigh.

 

I’m glad the hardest part is over.