Worth

Path

things that no one taught us 

 

no one taught us that not everyone would understand.

no one taught us that not all feelings will be mutual.

no one taught us that the demons don't live under our beds, but rather in our very guarded minds.

no one taught us that we had to fight these demons on our own. 

no one taught us that sometimes, when the moon is high, and the clock whispers "3:00AM",

we would be lying in bed with never ending tears running down our tired faces.

no one taught us that sometimes, in a crowd filled with both familar and strange faces, 

we would be feeling so empty, so unsure, so hollow inside.

no one taught us that your best friend of today, would be your enemy of tomorrow.

no one taught us that there was heartbreak and it hurt like a .

no one taught us that there was injustice and cold hearted machines who looked exactly like the human faces we were so used to. 

no one taught us that the world would hate us for us, that we had to look or act a certain way, for us to be loved.

no one taught us that all it took to end a life was a single step or a single of the hand. 

no one taught us that there was more to this, that we are worth so much more than we are let on to think. 

no one taught us that it was okay to be in our own skin, that we could be who we really were and it was okay.

no one taught us of how greatly valued we are in the eyes of One, our great worth.

no one taught us of the One who gave up everything He had to save us from our demons,

how He gave up the life of His very own, in exchange for ours. 

 

my darling, you are worth everything, and so much more. 

no matter what happens, you will never use your great value. 

as simple as how a ten dollar note will always be worth ten dollars no matter how it is crushed, thrown and trampled on. 

you are like a treasure a farmer found in a field, a farmer who went and sold all he had to buy that very field he found you in. 

you are like the most precious and valuable pearl a fisherman finds, a fisherman who sold all he had to obtain this beautiful, one of a kind pearl. 

He gives up everything for you, even the life of His dear prince, in exchange for yours. 

oh darling, you are worth so much more than you know.