should've noticed you

Until I'm Over You

 

 

heyo em back for new chapters! I was on fire while writing! (of course not literally) I’m sorry this took so long, I just finished my defense and I’m graduating and is nervous on starting my job so I got to squeeze this to relieve some stress! I’m going to post the updates every other day ;p

 

jimin held his breath as the longest arm of his watch moved, tick tick tick, slowly, as if mocking the impatience boiling in his stomach. it was one hot afternoon and he’s bored, and frustrated, and annoyed. he was supposed to be having fun at the beach or somewhere, since it’s summer but no, he was at his stupid silent apartment, staring at his stupid watch, waiting for some stupid human to hang out with someone stupid as him. okay, that was a lot of stupid. can’t blame a bored jimin.

should he ask his hyungs? he wanted to call yoongi but he’s probably with hoseok. those two should have their time together, dating and all. and namjoon said he was starting to compose new songs and while jimin was itching to listen to some of his masterpiece (yes, he really loved what music namjoon produces) he also thought of not wanting to distract him since he was still in the early phase and that means concentration and silence.

“aaaarrrgghhh,” he grumbled and buried his face in his pillow. someone, someone save me.

as if an answer to his pleading, his phone rang and jimin scrambles off immediately to grab it at the bedside table. without looking at the caller id, he pressed the green button and excitedly answered the call. “hi!”

“so how’s my jiminie hyung?”

jimin gapes for a while and unbelievingly stared at his phone then pressed it again in his ear. “holy , taehyungie, I freaking love you.”

a fit of giggles was heared and jimin was grinning widely. it’s been two weeks after the last time they met and they haven’t been able to contact each other again, with a message from taehyung saying ‘sorry jiminnie, I’m gonna be busy for a while, call you when we could hang out, love you!’. jimin was very understanding so of course he waited patiently. but hearing his voice again was absolutely a delight. he missed the guy. “you’re making me blush. but sorry, I’m taken.” taehyung answered teasingly, with a hint of affection for whoever’s making him happy right now.

“yeah, yeah.” he said back dismissingly and then laughed a bit, “you lovesick fool.”

“yeah, yeah.” taehyung mockingly copied him. “I’d love to make some annoying comments but anyway hyung, let’s go on a date!”

jimin laughs. “if your boyfriend ever heard you, he’s going to be mad.”

“hmmm… I hope so? he rarely gets mad. as in seriously mad. I wanna know what he’s like when he’s seriously mad.”

“and you’re seriously crazy! why would you make him mad? there’s a chance of breakup if he really did, you know.”

“he’s not even here, don’t worry” then taehyung huffs. “I think I’m being selfish, hyung. I want to see all sides of him. things other people don’t know, things that only I will know.”

he nods, understanding the dilemma his bestfriend has. “kinda get you. he’s your special person, after all and wanting to know everything is the heart’s natural hunger. just don’t get him supermad.”

“he’s really kind so I think he’d forgive me. but thanks, hyung.” taehyung muttered, and him being taehyung, he already changed the topic. “well, anyways, a date?”

jimin grins. “you bet.”

 

 

 

8:30pm, jimin was running late because, because! he made a wrong turn! he was worried he forgot to bring some of the favorite cookies jimin used to give taehyung back then and he thought it was the right corner but no, he ended in a club so he drove again to the main road and got stuck in a slight traffic before he got to the right restaurant. hope taehyung wasn’t mad.

jimin was startled when his phone rang. “taehyung! hey, sorry, I’m almost there now, just finding a place to park, ugh” he said as soon as he answered the call.

he heard taehyung laugh on the other side of the phone. “it’s fine, hyung. I just got here, too. apparently, someone insists to meet my date even for a while so he tagged along and we ended up being late.”

his brows creased. “what? who?”

“my boyfriend, silly.”

jimin gasps. “seriously? you got some protective guy there. but I guess it’s fine. I gotta meet the man who stole my taehyungie from me.”

taehyung chuckles. “you’re one protective bestfriend, too.”

“of course! I love you!” he said immediately. jimin sighs as he finally spotted a free space and immediately turns to park his car.

“aww, I love you, too!” taehyung answered back.

“HEY! NO CHEATING!”

jimin’s heart skipped a bit as he heard another voice at the other side of the phone, a familiar pitch he’d been missing undoubtedly so. it’s been months, he should have moved on. he wanted to, but there’s still a sudden pull in his heart everytime he hears his name. jimin shook his head and turned off the engine. that’s impossible.

“I’m not cheating!” taehyung laughs and then turned his attention to jimin again. “hyung, come here right now, okay? we have a date and this guy isn’t invited.” jimin could see taehyung sticking out his tongue playfully. “anyways, see you!”

“yeah, bye. I’m walking towards the resto.” he said and ended the call.

jimin grabs the paper bag with cookies and some of his things, then proceeded to walk to the door. inside was really elegant, a place for formal dates apparently, the soft glow of the bulbs and classic songs gives a relaxing ambience. hope he wasn’t underdressed.

his eyes wandered inside and he easily found a dopey smile at the far corner of the place. it seems taehyung saw him immediately, too, if the waving hands were to come by.

grinning, jimin made his way towards him, barely noticing the other guy sitting in opposite of taehyung. he was really happy to see him again and he’d love to trade more stories this time, just like in middle school.

but he should’ve notice it earlier though. perhaps the moment he heard the voice at the phone call.

but he was already too late.

 

 

 

there at front of him, was kim seok jin.

 

 

 

 

 

hey hey hey! this was a really short chapter after my absence (and I bet, lame) but I tried my best! this plot is making my head tangled, just like their relationships ;p­­