memory

one winter

Even after time passes, you live in my heart.

Eunbi probably remembers that it was Yuna who drew the curtains apart every morning when they woke up, while Eunbi switched the alarm clock off as it is on her side of the bed. 

The cup on the left in the bathroom, Eunbi doesn't spare it a glance at all every morning and night when she brushes her teeth using the cup on the right. Once in a while, when her eyes accidentally land on it, she will wonder if it has been collecting dust. But the thought of removing it or discarding it has never once occurred to her mind. And on certain spontaneous days, she will attempt to give it a wash. 

The closet on the left in the bedroom, it has remained closed for almost three years. Eunbi doesn't even know if it's empty, or if Yuna left some clothes there. Yuna might have even hidden something in it, but Eunbi doesn't want to bring herself near it. Eunbi doesn't want to touch anything that has been hers, not even her responsibilities in the house.

Eunbi doesn't care about how she looks; she doesn't want to. Yuna would tell her anyway, if the colours don't match, or if she should tug in her shirt if it's that skirt, or if it's too cold to be wearing skirts, and Eunbi probably remembers that. 

The desk opposite of hers at the office has been empty for three years. Eunbi probably remembers the emptiness in her heart as it is for the desk, but she doesn't feel it anymore. 

Eunbi probably remembers that lunchtimes are precious times for two hearts to bond and spend quality time with each other outside of the dull and cold workplace, but she doesn't think about that anymore. 

In the multitude of bright, lively department stores Eunbi has probably made equally amazing memories of dinner after work in the various restaurants around, but she doesn't think about that anymore either. 

One thing is for sure: Eunbi remembers her seat on the bus. She probably remembers that the seat next to her is Yuna's, but she doesn't bother and the seat's emptiness does not trouble her anymore. 

Walking down the same road alone as she does every single day, Eunbi probably remembers how it feels to be walking it down together with someone, together with a special someone. But she doesn't feel the yearn to want to walk it down with anyone anymore; she has long gotten used to the journey of a single, lonely soul, accompanied by only her thoughts that block her vision of the perhaps pretty surroundings. 

Eunbi probably remembers that it was Yuna's job to tidy up her shoes after she kicked them off at the entryway every night, as much as it was her job to pamper her and take care of the littlest things just for her. The lazy Eunbi doesn't bother to slowly press on all the switches so a single switch will do, while Yuna would silently and patiently help themselves with the rest of the switches. 

Eunbi probably remembers that nights at home are meant to be noisy, which is probably why she requires the television to be on. The noise that was used to be created came from their playing around, their talks, and their hobbies that happen to be noisily singing and dancing. 

Eunbi probably remembers that she loved Yuna, but she doesn't think about her anymore. 

 

author's notes:

i'm so sorry that updates will be slow. school has started and i now have a life instead of hiding at home before my computer for hours straight pouring my gfriend feels into fics... lolol i hope you'll continue to support this fic ^^