moment

one winter

Nothing is important but this moment I share with you. 

"I've never once wanted to leave you. I left everything here because I had no intention to leave you," Yuna says again.

Eunbi places a finger on Yuna's lips. "I said, I forgive you."

"Why?" Yuna feels a crack in her heart. 

"The same reason why you came back," Eunbi answers and weakly pushes the sides of her lips up.

Yuna looks deeply in Eunbi's eyes. While no words are exchanged, the tension finally dies down and all Yuna feels is warmth despite the winter as well as the love she has greatly missed. 

Yuna's eyes turn watery once again, but this time with her lips breaking into a smile. Eunbi smiles and places her arms around Yuna's neck. They find themselves in each other's arms once again, and suddenly they feel that there has never been a happier moment than this. The two realise the beauty of returning back to something that has been missed, and the blissfulness of recovering something that has been lost. 

"Unnie," Eunbi mutters without moving, "do you love me?" she poses a sincere question. 

"I love you, Eunbi yah," Yuna earnestly says with her eyes shut and and face resting on Eunbi's shoulder. 

"I love you too," Eunbi says it back in the same manner; her eyes are closed, and she is holding Yuna tightly while resting her head on the elder girl. "You're still so beautiful after three years," Eunbi says and giggles a little, the first she's released in three years. 

"And you're still my cute baby after three years," Yuna softly chuckles. 

This instant- it's as beautiful as falling snow.

 

author's notes:

im sorry if the ending seems abrupt :(( it's almost spring already oh no :( but here you go, finally complete :") i really miss writing, especially main line (literally my reason to wake up every day back then when i had no school), but college has been crazy. im so so glad im able to finish this now, as well as the time spent on writing today, it really makes my day ahhh thank you so much for all the support for this fic. i'll be back with more sinju in the future!!