magic

one winter

If magic exists and we could meet again,
I would wish for that to come true.

Yuna finds her way from the train station to her destination with much ease despite three years of being away (those three years were meaningless anyway, compared to the two years she spent here with her other half). Her footsteps come to a gradual stop at a crossing, each footstep getting heavier and slower as she reaches. 

She closes her eyes, squeezing them shut as she waits for the red man to turn green. A scene plays in her head: the moment when they first met, where the snow fell for the first time that year. Yuna wishes that at this very moment, as she is standing at the same place, they could meet again and let a new story begin. She wishes that they can love once again and write a whole new story from this new start. She opens her eyes to the beeping of the traffic light as the red man has finally turned green. 

She sees face that she has never seen for three years but remains vivid in her memory; after three years, she finally sees it with her own eyes and not through her thoughts. Not waiting any longer, she dashes across the street without a care for the world around her, her eyes remain on the familiar yet missed figure right before her. 

"Eunbi," Yuna pants, her lips not curving into a smile nor does she grimace to cry. "Eunbi," she lets the name slip off her tongue once more. When she looks down into the pair of eyes she's been longing to see for the past three years, she finds two brown orbs glaring sharply at her. 

"I hate you," Eunbi mutters angrily within sobs, before she turns and runs away, not knowing how to face her after three years. 

Yuna isn't surprised, though Eunbi's reaction has deeply pierced her heart. She does not hesitate but immediately runs after Eunbi. 

Eunbi runs all the way home, not having any other place in mind- her brain isn't really working at that point in time; it's been hard just registering that the figure that has been out of her life but remaining in her heart for three years has finally returned, and Eunbi has yet to decide on how to face her. 

Yuna too then runs all the way with Eunbi, at once recognising that it is the route to their home. Tears begin to fall when her heart realises once again how much she has been missing this place, being right by Eunbi's side. 

The two of them end up in the apartment with cold silence enveloping them, and tears falling on both their faces.

Yuna swallows a gulp and walks over to Eunbi. Holding one of Eunbi's hand in hers, Yuna does not give a second thought before she bends down and presses a kiss on Eunbi's lips. 

I pray, if we kiss like the days before,
Our love will be awaken

 

author's notes:

sorry for the late update!!! school is so busy and ive fallen sick ㅠㅠ now im writing into the midnight bec im short of feels hahaha i hope you'd continue to support me and my works thank you❤