Responsibilities

Where We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06/18/1999

Around the same night I got back my voice, Jaejin called all of the members to tell them what happened. I overheard him saying that he was telling the truth, thinking that he was lying. (Though it'll be weird for him to lie in the first place though, since he's way too honest.)

Eventually, he managed to convince the other five to visit the apartment the following day. What follows was a night filled of me saying a bunch of lies so no one would knew who I really was.

"....Noraeng.....you...can talk?" Jaeduck, looking like a deer seeing headlights, stuttered in disbelief after I greeted and (formally) introducting myself.

"Yes, but call me Hanbyul. I don't wanna feel like I'm a fan of yours."

"YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW US??" All six of them exclaimed in unison, as they were acting very confident that they were that famous.

"Uh...yeah? I didn't lived in Korea since I was five." I said in hesitation at the beginning but the plan of creating a fake background and character for myself is going well as I planned to be.

"Is Korean music known from where you are?" Jiwon asked in curiosity and eagerness.

"Well here's the thing, I lived in Japan for 17 years. You'll probably know what's more popular there."

They awed upon realization that I was completely unfamiliar with their music. I thought they would just take it lightly but from the looks of it, they looked saddened.

"But I started to learn more about what you guys are. I mean, I did met you all. Also uhhh.." I showed them the portable cd player I had, which I borrowed from the stuff in this apartment. (Yeah, don't ask why is it here. It's filled with knick-knacks.)  "...I actually listened to your albums recently. I liked your second album the most."

They were a bit surprised, but their faces seemed to have lightened up a bit. 

"I'm glad. Oh well, I guess you'll go home soon right?" Sunghoon said.

"You forgot what I wrote did you?" I looked down, while I was fixing the tangled headphones.

"Huh?" Sunghoon looked confused.

"She ran away." Jaejin saved face this time. "Basically, she has no home."

"But what about before the acc--" Jaeduck was about to ask something I really can't even myself but Jaejin immediately covered his mouth, shushing him.

"She's not yet ready for that, you idiot!" Jaejin scolded Jaeduck for it.

"Then why did you had to cover my mouth?!" Jaeduck butted back at the his hometown friend. What happened after is another childish quarrel, with the rest actually joining in.

Thankfully back in my timeline, I heard a rumor or a story from during the meetings that they would have these childish quarrels when a minor thing happens, so I really have no worry about it. Still, it doesn't stop me from giving a facepalm to those guys.

"If you guys need me, I'll be in my room." I remarked, as I approached my room.

"Eh, is something wrong?" Jiyong extended his long neck as he saw me about to enter my room.

"Oh nothing, you guys are busy arguing so I'll just sleep early. Good night dongsaeng-deul." I waved, giving a fake yawn as I entered my room.

I had to retreat quickly because it was too noisy at night and I wanted to relax. I jumped to bed, lying down on my stomach with my head on my pillow. I took the cd player and placed it near my face and wore my headphones. I continued playing the disc again, with the disc playing Track 14.

While laying down, the first one who sang came first. Up until now, I only managed to identify Sunghoon's voice correctly since he had the most parts. (And of course, I've heard him sang when he was taking care of me.) But the one singing the first part, he has a melodic voice.

As my mind goes drowsy, I replayed the track again to hear his voice again while my eyes slowly close. Then my mind was the doing its tricks again, as I remembered the guy who sang first in Track 14, and Jaejin talking normally without his weird voice overs or imitations. Eventually, it connected the dots and found that the first-part singer and Jaejin were just the same person.

"Oh? He actually sounds good." I soon fell asleep, as I accidentally played Track 14 all over again, without even looking.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter