Platonic

Where We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I apologize for not updating for so long. Work was really a hassle to balance with so I'm really trying my best to update. Without further ado...

========================================

 

It's already been a month since he stayed to take care of me. He never bothered coming home to where he was staying, or even switch with another member. He looked like as if he started living here.

*knocks*

"Byulie, you up? It's time for breakfast."

My thinking train stopped as I heard a gentle voice coming from the door. I rose up from to see a full view of him, though only his head was sticking out.

"I-In a minute, I'll just fix my bed." I got rid of the blankets covering me, and squirmed myself out of bed while doing so.

He coughed. "OUR bed."

I looked up to him with a glare. "Geez, just because we sleep on the same bed."

He chuckled. "My bad." He opened the door further to go inside and went in front of me. "Don't wanna anger the princess."

Without any warning, he placed a kiss on top of my head while he grabbed the back of my head.

"Oi, what are you doing?" I never looked up, as I feel a little embarrassed.

"Giving my good friend some morning strength." He fixed the spot where he placed his mark on my head and left me alone in my room.

So much for a good morning, now I have to deal with this kind of morning everytime.

Right, I might have given you plot holes or unanswered questions about my current situation right now in this world and most especially, him.

On the day we tried to 'sketch' each other, things were a little awkward at first during the first morning.

However on the same day, we finally addressed the elephant on the room and told him that despite being my first time experiencing that feeling, I never hated it at all.

In fact, I enjoyed it a lot. And even if he was still conscious about, he liked it as well.

Since then, those awkward feelings turned platonic.

No commitments or no hard feelings for the both of us. Just friends who were just curious with a lot of things.

I don't know how it all started. Or why we started agreeing to this.

It wasn't a nightly-basis kind of 'sketch'. We always needed our rest every night. But those nights turned into days, and those days turned into something habitual for us.

Of course, we also take a break from it and would actually do illustration of each other when one of us feels like it (though for the record, it's Jaejin who does the sketching, since he has his materials with him.)

But even so, having to experience this every night makes me wonder about what truly is my relationship with him.

We agreed to be friends, but then we went platonic. Plus the fact he already made his confession towards me. I just hope that this is just something that's no strings attached for the both of us and at the end, we go back to being good friends, so it'll hurt less when I'm able to get back to where I belong in the first place.

-------------------------

"What day is it today?" I asked while watching TV with him during the same night.

"August 3. Why?" He asked back while illustrating something on his notebook.

I tried to remember what are the supposed important flow of events for this year but recalling what I researched and wrote was hard, in actuality.

All of a sudden, something just hit on my brain.

I recalled what happened minutes before the accident (though I know I shouldn't because it'll just trigger me again) then I remembered that I did not remove my small sling bag with me while I was driving.

After recalling that part of my memory, a ray of hope has struck upon as I might get a chance for something that could help me while I'm still here in this timeline.

Before even trying to get my hopes up, I asked Jaijin about this thing.

"Jaejin-ah, may I ask something?"

"What?" He didn't look up but he was still wanted to talk.

"Do you remember seeing a bag that's slung to me when you guys saw me on the road?"

He eventually stopped what he was doing and looked directly at me. "A bag? Is it the one with a button of some silver-haired anime guy--"

"Y-YES THAT ONE!" I got a bit too excited that I ended up raising my voice (also to not even talk about my silver-haired samurai named Gintoki, in which he doesn't exist yet in the time.).

Jaejin dropped his stuff to the sofa and went the bedroom, mostly likely to find the bag.

Afraid that he might see the contents of my bag, I followed him quickly.

I saw him going to a small cabinet at the right corner (in which I never bothered opening since this is technically not my house in the first place.) and brought out a bag, that looked like it didn't get stained but there was still remnants of the accident, like the strapped almost ruined or destroyed.

"I was wondering why you never seemed to bring it up so I had to keep it somewhere." He reached out the bag to me and I grabbed it immediately once I saw it.

I sat at the bed, trying to check if my stuff is still alive.

Just when I thought it was cleaned, I saw my items partially damaged or stained from the rain or by my own blood.

It was only a bag with basic essentials. A bottle of gum pellets (with the bottle stained with dried up blood), my smartphone (who only had a small crack) and phone charger, and a yellow notebook that's been dried up already from the rain with minimal blood stains.

I didn't wanna show the phone, as it indicates where I came from, so I made sure to place it deeper on my bag (though it's really small).

I brought out my notebook and pen (just in case), and skimmed the entire thing to find the notes I took about Sechskies, from their history as a group, and history for the individual members. I checked the group's history and found the section for 1999.

The next scheduled date based from history was their supposed comeback for their fourth album, which is a month from now.

Wait, if he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter