Lai

Where We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: Sorry for the occasional updates. Been busy working also I needed more resources and inspiration for the story, though I've already laid out the plot points. Thank you so much.)
 

 PLEASE VOTE AT THE POLL BELOW AFTER READING THE NEW CHAPTER. THANK YOU.
 

====================================

"Who are you? How did you managed to get my phone working here?" I looked in confusion as the voice sounded clear and not something surreal.

The female voice chuckled from behind the line. "It's something you cannot comprehend yet something that is still possible. If you wish to know how or why, oh my, you will tremble."

"I beg your pardon?" Also, did she had to rhyme what she said?

"Come out of this door if want to know more."

"D-doo--?" I looked at the only door in this room and I soon noticed that I can hear the person's voice from the other side instead from my phone.

I gripped on my phone as I got out of the bedroom, and saw a static Jaejin sitting on the sofa, staring somewhere.

I looked at his direction and saw a hooded person standing in front of me, holding their own phone on their right hand.

"Hello Ahreum, it's so nice to finally meet you after so many years." A serene female voice came out from the hooded person, while bowing deeply to me.

"You've been....stalking me?" I pointed to myself, while feeling nervous from what's happening.

"Of course, you are my successor."

"Eh?" I tilted my head in confusion when she said.

She jumped a little, forgetting something. "Where are my manners? I'm so sorry for that."

She removed the hood covering her head and revealed a woman who looked almost the same aged as me, with a long pale blonde hair and kind-looking features.

"I am Lai. I am a Time Keeper."

No way. Something that falls into fiction actually exists?

"You brought me here?"

"Oh nonsense, I cannot do that. I can only pause time." She laughed at my assumptions.

"I see..."

"I came into your aid as a way of getting you on the right track. It is my duty to make things the way it should be or a butterfly effect will likely to happen if you screw something up."

I rolled my eyes, knowing the obvious since it's still the rules of time-travel. "Yeah, yeah. Rules of time-travel."

I crossed my arms, curious on how will this work.

"Okay, answer my questions first since you act like some divine being. One, who brought me here? Two, will I ever go back?"

She sighed before sitting at the seat opposite to where Jaejin was sitting. She crossed her legs and arms, thinking that it might take awhile.

"Your case is a bit complicated, however I do not have the right to tell you what it is that you should know."

"Huh?"

"Firstly, you've been here for months. Do you think you can absorb information that quickly? Absolutely not." She looked at me sternly, gone was the kind demeanor that I've seen when she took off her hood.

"Second of all, when I said your case is complicated, it's complicated. It can derail yourself right now and it can cause a butterfly effect if you did something stupid, in which you almost did."

I jumped a bit, thinking what nonsense I've done before. And then I realized, what the Time Keeper role was to be begin and the realisation dawn to me that the actions that I've done prior to this being's arrival may have caused a butterfly effect.

"Um....is this the thing that's happening right now?" I pointed at the room and she gave a thumbs up.

"Correct."

I sighed. "Great, I screwed up--"

"Correction. ALMOST screwed up. If you tell that that you are indeed his niece, then a butterfly effect will hap--." She placed her chin on her hand, as she looks at me with a knowing eye.

"Wait, what do you mean by niece?" I waved for her to stop, in order to catch up what was the last thing she said. "The manager was my uncle?"

"Ah , I forgot to tell you."  She facepalmed. "That is your uncle." She pointed.

"Oh. I see."

Lai looked in confusion, as she saw my reaction was just neutral. "You don't seemed shocked."

"I was. It's just that, the uncle I knew died few months ago before this happened."

"Oh. Sorry about that." I looked away awkwardly as the silence settles in. "But even so, it's still gonna effect time."

"Like?"

"Dude forces you to work with him, you control the boys as their managers, hell breaks loose, skeletons in the closet will be shown, then the worse scenario is getting killed by the fans because you are woman handling a boy group, in which I tell you, it's ed up." 

"Oh. Um....does it had to be that way?" Not only I was scared what they might do to me, I was also scared how one action can change a future.

She nodded. "Precognition comes in the job when you work as a Time Keeper. Thus, why I knew the multiple outcomes."

"Oh, sorry." I looked down while my fingers are fidgeting, feeling bad for what's gonna happen.

"However since my job is to correct things, I can correct your mistakes." Her face was close to my face with a reassuring expression.

"Why do you want to help me?" I looked and wonder how would a divine being like her, would try to help a human like me.

Her kind demeanor turned melancholy for a bit, as she seemed like she's thinking about somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter