Firsts again

Where We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was slowly getting familiar with the era I am stuck right now. Though I've encountered this but at that time, I was a kid and I don't recognize anything back in my childhood that easily. However I've adjusted with how people behave in this era, and how people are not always too reliant with technologies.

Okay sure, there's also the type of people who always have their headphones on because of their CD players. And the fact that they text way too much. But that's besides the point.

I spent the entire week with Sunghoon first. He was indeed flirty but when he's not, he's quite cold as well. When I watched a show where Sechskies appeared, Sunghoon was different in television. He showed that he really was the center of the group by showing of his outgoing and really outspoken personality in the show, and had the most exposure. Well, I guess he is the lead vocalist for a reason.

But I knew better. It was a facade, and I could tell already by how he acts when he doesn't speak. He stands out, but gestures and expressions looked like he doesn't wanna be there.

That's what I saw. And I was correct upon spending my time with Sunghoon.

However, Sunghoon is genuinely sweet. Especially towards his mother.

He told me stories about how much he wanted to give back to his mother and to prove that he was a great singer, ever since he didn't finished his studies in Hawaii though he wanted too, since he was really interested in fashion. But after incidentally becoming a singer, he felt like he disappointed his mother, not helping the fact that the mother was actually against the idea of him becoming a singer in the first place. But ever since he debuted and got popular afterwards, his mother accepted it.

However, he was not satisfied. So he wanted to be the best vocalist, just for his mother.

The week with Sunghoon ended after he told his story to me, and getting that information from him, made me felt trusted however, the scandal that would derail Sunghoon's career for awhile came into my mind, and can't help but think if his mother would still be proud of him, even after that.

Weeks happened way too fast for me. The week after Sunghoon was Jiwon, then Jaeduck and next was Suwon. They were all good to me and so far, they were really nice as well. Of course, I was already quite aware with their personalities as well. But with the exception of Jaeduck, in which his accent threw me off since I was used to him speaking in a Seoul accent when he appeared in shows, or whenever he was with Tony outside of work. But a bit ironic since I also came from Busan. So pretty much I can understand Gyeongsang dialect well.

The following week after Suwon, Jiyong appeared. And to recount everything about it, this was also the time I got a part of me back completely.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

06/08/1999

 

"Ya, ya, ya. Noraengiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~" I got disturbed by a playful but mature-sounding voice from above, while being tapped someone on the shoulder. I was sleeping peacefully and usually I would not be annoyed by the members for the past week, but today is one of those days again.

Okay no joke, I feel like something is wrong with my part below my stomach. I don't wanna assume but, it could be it's those days.

To explain why I was called by using Sechskies' nickname to their fandom, up until now I didn't reveal my name to them. I left it ambigious for them to keep guessing. However, all I can say to them everytime I do is that 'I can't remember'. But it works that way, since the incident happened.

Jiyong was the only one who had to act reserved towards pressing me to remember myself, since he was afraid I might get triggered over something. So in order for him to call me, he named me Noraengi, just for him.

"Noraengi, sorry. It's time for breakfast." I stretched my arms and legs and rose from my bed.

As usual, I still couldn't walk or stand properly but I was still practicing. It's improving, but I'm wondering why it is taking awhile for me to learn to walk by myself again.

I got out of bed and stood up but I almost lost balance so Jiyong held my shoulders and my hand as he help me walk.

"Wow Noraeng, you're starting to get better with walking. At this rate, we might buy you a walking cane."

I looked at him and peacefully declined getting a walking cane, since I never wanted to be a burden to them.

"NORAENGI-YA, YOU'RE BLEEDING!"

We both stopped in the middle of the living room and saw Jiyong looking down my back.

I looked at his direction, but it's hard to see. So I pulled myself away from Jiyong, and tried to walk to a near

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter