Outcasted

Where We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12/22/2015

It would have been a normal blissful day, but I ended waking up at the wrong side of the bed so my entire right arm got sore, and to make things matters worse, today is my monthly period day. But I don't wanted that to ruin this day. I wanted to look presentable and ready, as I go to work today.

Usually a year ago, I would be busy with work and school so I won't be able to visit my family back in Busan. Luckily, I will be having a month off afterwards so I can rest.

I've only been in this job for months now. Before that, I interned and worked in a production house for a year, until I got offered a place in MBC, as part of the production crew for a huge variety show. But compared to my old job, though it was a huge opportunity for me, I couldn't be able to show my true talents. In my past job, though my job wasn't as significant, I still managed to utilize and show my talents. This current job I have is different. Instead of working for the show, I felt like working under the staff who are really working for the show. It restricted me to show my talents and I often get discouraged by them because it. I felt like I was an intern again, but I still wanted to make this work for me, so I had no choice but to play along.

"Ya, Yoon Ahreum, you're late!" A familiar voice shouted in front of my apartment building, as I got out from the elevator.

"I'm not late, you're just early Nam Rihye!" I shouted back, acting annoyed but kept my shouting voice in a normal level to avoid the looks of the tenants. I was already walking towards Rihye.

"It's good to be an early bird because we won't encounter morning traffic. Hop on." She grabbed my bag and tossed it on the backseat of her car.

Oh, for those of you who don't know, this energetic woman right here is Rihye. She has been with me since our first year in college and we have been inseparable ever since. After graduation, she has since kept on convincing me to be housemates with her but I kept declining, because all I wanted is to be independent. But to make it fair for the both of us, we would take turns on picking each other up from my apartment building and her house every morning. We have our own cars but to save up gasoline and day after day, one brings a car and would pick up from their home.

Though Rihye managed to get me early, we still got involved with a minor road traffic. Rihye gets frustrated immediately over these and would complain over it for the next minute, meanwhile while listening, I was massaging my right arm, which was still sore from sleeping.

Rihye stopped complaining and looked worried, as she notices what I was doing.

"Are you okay?"

I looked flustered but immediately gave a reassuring smile. "Yeah, just woke up from the wrong side of the bed."

"Well I hope so, good thing you didn't drive today or it would really cause us a problem." 

Wanting to change the topic, I asked her something. "Hey anyways, when will I meet this special someone you kept on talking about?"

"Uhhhhh, just a little longer?"

"Oh Nam Rihye, it's been years now yet you haven't introduced me to him. I'm starting to doubt that it might have been an anime character after all this time." This may have been also part of the reason why I didn't wanna room with her.

"He's real, oh my god. I'm not like you, who has a husbando."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. At least tell me what he is like."

She sighed in defeat, knowing that she can't hide it any longer. "Alright. I can tell something about his looks."

I scooted near her, already curious on who is the guy.

"He has these eyes that remind you of a white fluffy dog, though he can be a stiff sometimes? But I love his personality and he makes me laugh when he can." She smiles, looking like she's in love.

"Ooh, and you guys stayed strong huh? Oh how I wish I ever had one."

"Well why didn't you want to join the blind date before then?"

I sighed. "You know I don't like those things. I believe in fate and destiny more than forced romances."

"Well you never know." 

Perhaps this mentality started when I got obsessed with Japanese animation and video games, that I refused to pursue love? Or even a stable social life.

Rihye may have been the longest friendship I had so far. Most of my other friends have drifted apart ever since and we couldn't see that much at all.

As for love, I wanted a love where I feel the belongingness wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter