Fate of My Own World

Where We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12/22/2015

".......and these following days, we will be guiding Sechskies for this special, with the help of the hosts and Eun Jiwon-sshi."

I took notes diligently with our director informing us on an important special for the show I was assigned with. This time, they planned to make a sequel of an extremely popular special they did with famous artists during the 90s and the early 2000s. That special was the reason why I made the move to work here in this broadcasting station though.....things were difficult for me.

Pushing that aside, it was a drastic move for me because it's almost a year since the first Totoga happened. But with luck and faith, I managed to get a job in the show where it all started. 

Don't get me wrong, I was born around the time where they were already performing or when they were just getting started in the business. But upon seeing those episodes, I was touched by the fans' loyalty and the huge sentimentality over the theme of the event. As if I lived at the same era during their prime years.

However, I noticed that the people around the same age as I mine almost didn't feel the same way as I do. Only a few managed to do so. Though I can understand that, as everyone in my age range are into idol groups.

I wish to know what goes on behind the scenes to put on such a huge yet ambitious event and also how to relate show to the people around my age, so here I am today.

"....if there are no more questions, may I remind you all that aside from working close to close with the hosts of the show, please assist all of the guests of the show as some of them haven't been in a broadcast for long time."

"PD-nim, can you elaborate on the members? Not everyone is familiar with them."

"Okay fine. I'm not 100% accurate with all of them. Of course, everyone here is almost familiar with Eun Jiwon-sshi, Jang Suwon-sshi, and Kim Jaeduck-sshi. As for the remaining three, Go Jiyong-sshi is now living as a normal businessman, Kang Sunghoon-sshi had his legal troubles almost 5 years ago and hasn't been in broadcast for a very long time, and Lee Jaejin-sshi had personal problems and hasn't been in broadcast for almost 10 years now."

The entire room whispered and gossiped to themselves about it and I was curious too with what they were talking about it. Of course, they have the world to themselves.

"You may research about the group and the members beforehand so you won't make a fool of yourselves during the actual shooting. Until then, meeting ajourned."

We all stood up and got ready on getting back to our duties. Of course since I'm here, then my 'boss' is here.

"Ahreum-sshi, come here. I have a task for you."

I approached my boss with a fake smile on my face. Deep inside, pretty much she'll give me another ridiculous task so I have to prepare for the worse.

"We will be researching about the group so can you get their past video clips we have in our video archive room?"

"Yes miss, can I join along to help with the research?"

"Oh no, continue on with your filing work once you are done. This is something for the team only."

"I thought all of us in the room were a team according to the director."

"Yeah, but I'm the boss here so do it now."

She rolled her eyes in disgust when I said about the director's words about 'working as a team'. But looking at her, it seems she has her own 'team' to work with.

I've been dealing with this all the time ever since she got promoted to a position higher than us. Of course, she treated me like I'm some sort of outsider just because my age is much more younger than everyone else here and I managed to get a position here.

It was only hardwork and faith that led me here, so why am I treated more differently?

With no objections after that, I went straight to the crammed archive room. I had to do it quickly because I had to do a lot of filing work afterwards so upon arriving at the room, I had to scan quickly around the room where the videos for Sechskies are. But since almo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter