Surprise

NCT Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Relevant ages for chapter:

Age 2: Jisung

Age 3: Chenle

Age 4: Jaemin, Donghyuck, Jeno and Renjun

Age 5: Mark

-:-:-:-

"Jaehyun actually volunteered to look after Jeno, that's....not normal" Doyoung mumbled to himself as he bounced a laughing Jisung in his tired arms, he wouldn't put him down though, it was the boys birthday so he was going to be treated like a prince.

"He's probably planning a surprise party for Jisungie" He continued mumbling to himself, looking at the row of brightly coloured toys, he felt quite sour that his lover didn't even bother to tell him but quickly shrugged it off, smiling down at the bumbling toddler in his arms.

"Which one do you want Jisungie?" he asked as he showed the boy a selection of different toys, the young boys eyes were wide in amazement as he saw what seemed to be millions (closer to hundreds, bless Jisung) of toys that he could pick from, honestly what did he do to have such an amazing dad?

Looking as his dad carried him through the aisles, he yelled loudly when he saw a bright yellow ball, a giant Green dinosaur on the front. It was perfect, he was sure it had been made just for him. Pointing at the ball he called his dad's attention. "That one! That one!"

Doyoung smiled at the boy before looking at the ball, the smile instantly faltering as he saw the monstrosity in front of him. The 'dinosaur' looked like it could have been drawn by Yuta, meaning it didn't look much like a dinosaur at all.

"Baby, are you sure you want that one?" Jisung nodded enthusiastically, not noticing his father's obvious dismay at the chosen item. Sighing, Doyoung picked the ball up and put it in the basket.

An hour and several dinosaur toys later they were finally ready to pay, looking down at the basked Doyoung almost cried at the amount of toys inside, he was pretty sure his son picked up every single thing with a dinosaur in the whole store, he was just too weak to say no to the boy. (OTL <-----Doyoung)

He quickly paid for the toys and took the boy out to the car park, placing him on the ground and taking his hand after he started squirming. They reached the car fast, Doyoung placing the toddler in his car seat and strapping him in before taking the bags to the boot, and finally entering the car so they could leave. Honestly he just wanted to go home, dinosaur shopping was exhausting and he was hoping he wouldn't have to do it again until Christmas (at which time he'll force Jaehyun to go for him).

The car journey was quiet as Jisung promptly fell asleep, leaving Doyoung in the company of the radio which he hummed along to, mindful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter