Terrible Two

NCT Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A shrill scream rang throughout the house.

Sicheng jumped up from his seat by the kitchen counter, Kun watching helplessly by the stove as he tried to cook breakfast. 'I should have just made cereal' he thought as he worriedly glanced in the direction of the stairs.

Sicheng ran up the stairs and into the room closest. Chenle laid on the floor crying as Renjun hovered over him, eyes teary and confused. Sicheng scooped the crying toddler off the floor, all the while patting Renjun's back to make sure his older son was calm and okay.

"What's wrong? Did you hurt yourself?" he cooed at the child but received no response so he just bounced him up and down. "Renjun hunny, why don't you go down stairs? I'm sure your Bà would love some help with breakfast" the boy nodded but looked unsure, Sicheng sent him a cheerful smile which he returned and ran out the room.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He felt Chenle shake his head against his neck and sighed, it was going to be a long day.

"Are you hungry?" receiving no response he continued. "I know I'm super hungry, why don't we go downstairs and get something to eat, I think that will make us both happier". Chenle nodded and sniffled as he moved away from his dad's neck. "There we go, no more tears, you look way more handsome like this" Chenle gave him a toothy smile, his teeth were still growing in so it was gappy and Sicheng mentally reminded himself he'd need another dentist appointment soon.

"Come on then little man, I think that I hear your Bà singing, we wouldn't want to miss the chance to hear it would we?" Chenle shook his head and pointed ahead "L-let's go~" Sicheng smiled and kissed the top of his sons head, heading out the room and down the stairs where they could hear Kun's singing.

"Bà sing sing song!" Chenle cheered as he entered the kitchen, still perched in Sicheng's arms. Kun smiled and put down the bowl he was holding. "There's my smiling angel" he cooed and took the boy from his lovers' arms, Chenle squealing excitedly.

Sicheng felt a tug on his trousers, looking down he saw Renjun and quickly crouched down to match his height. "Junnie~ Did you help your Bà?" Renjun nodded, smiling when his dad praised him, pulling him up to carry him. "That's my smart boy. I bet breakfast will be extra go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter