We have a problem

Two Planets One Family (Hyun Family)

Baekhyun was pacing in the bedroom waiting for Daehyun to get home. He texted Daehyun to get home asap.

Daehyun came home a couple hours after he sent the text.

'Sorry, I got here as soon as I could'. Daehyun went over to Baekhyun. 'What's going on?'

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun. 'We have a problem'.

'What is it?'

'I was hoping I imagined it, but I know I didn't'. Baekhyun started rambling as he kept pacing the room.

'Babe'. Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun's hand. 'What are you talking about?'

'I think Taehyung got my powers'.

'What?' Daehyun looked shocked.

Baekhyun told him what he saw in Taehyung's room.

'He can control lights now'. Baekhyun was worried. 'How could he get my powers from the bear?'

'Are you sure it's the bear? He wasn't born with them?'

'Babies on EXO planet have their powers the day they're born. Taehyung hasn't controlled the lights till today'. Baekhyun looked at Daehyun. 'It's the bear. What are we going to do?'

Daehyun tried to calm Baekhyun down. 'It will be okay'.

'Daehyun, we can't have a baby with powers on Mato. It's bad enough I have to hide my powers. I can't hide Taehyung too'.

'We'll think of something'.

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun went into the living room. Taehyung was on the floor watching tv.

Baekhyun went over to him. He wanted to show Daehyun what he saw.

'Tae baby, can eomma see your bear?'

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun and squeezed his bear.

'Please? I won't hurt it'. Baekhyun reached out for the bear.

Taehyung tried to get away from Baekhyun, but couldn't get far.

Baekhyun picked up Taehyung and tried to get the bear away from him.

Taehyung held onto the bear as tight as he could, but Baekhyun got it away from him. Taehyung started reaching for it.

Baekhyun put Taehyung on the floor while he looked at the bear. Trying to find any leaks or anything else.

Before he knew it, Taehyung started screaming. The lights started flickering.

Daehyun covered his ears. He looked around and noticed Taehyung was controlling more than just the lights. All the electrical appliances started going crazy.

'Uhh...Baek'.

Baekhyun turned to look at Daehyun. 'What is it?'

'Taehyung can control more than just lights'.

Baekhyun went over to Daehyun and saw the electrical appliances going crazy.

'Oh my god'. Baekhyun couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Baekhyun gave the bear back to Taehyung. The lights stopped flickering, and the electrical appliances turned off.

'Daehyun, we have a big problem'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Yeah we do'.

Baekhyun picked Taehyung up and wiped his tears. Taehyung held the bear tight.

Daehyun heard the neighbors outside. He went to see what was going on.

Baekhyun stayed with Taehyung and fed him.

 

Daehyun saw the neighbors gathered around asking if they experienced a power problem a few minutes ago. 

Daehyun stopped in his tracks. He tried to process what he just heard.

The neighbors saw Daehyun and went over to him and started asking him questions.

'What's going on with the power?'

'Should we worry?'

'My appliances came to life'.

'My lights wouldn't stop flickering'.

Daehyun put his hands up to quiet them.

'I assure you, there's nothing wrong with the power. There's no need to worry'.

 

Baekhyun noticed Daehyun had been gone awhile. He looked out the window and saw Daehyun surrounded by the neighbors. Baekhyun grabbed Taehyung and headed outside.

Daehyun saw Baekhyun and signaled him to go back inside. Baekhyun was confused, but he went back inside. He watched Daehyun from the window.

 

Daehyun came back  inside a few minutes later.

Baekhyun went over to him holding Taehyung.

'What happened?' Baekhyun asked.

Daehyun sighed. 'Apparently Taehyung made all of the neighbor's lights and appliances go crazy'.

'What?' Baekhyun's eyes got wide. 'Daehyun, what are we going to do?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'I don't know. We just have to keep Taehyung quiet'.

Baekhyun looked at Taehyung who was falling asleep.

'That's easier said than done'.

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun tried their best to make sure Taehyung was calm. But Taehyung wasn't always easy to keep calm, even for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun had to take the bear from Taehyung whenever he bathed him, fed him, and changed his clothes. Taehyung didn't like it. He was always on the verge of tears when his bear got taken away.

Baekhyun tried to calm him down. 'It's ok Tae baby'.

Baekhyun held Taehyung's hand, or put his hand on Taehyung's cheek. Taehyung calmed down from Baekhyun's warmth.

Baekhyun smiled and picked him up. He put Taehyung in his crib and went to do chores.

 

While Baekhyun was making lunch for himself, he saw the lights start to flicker.

'No no no'. He said to himself.

He ran to Taehyung's room and saw Taehyung standing in his crib crying. 

Baekhyun looked around and didn't see the bear. So he went over and put his hand on Taehyung's cheek.

'Tae baby, it's okay. Please stop crying'.

Taehyung kept crying and wanting his bear.

Baekhyun picked him up and held him close to his chest.

'Shh'. Baekhyun whispered.

The lights kept flickering as Baekhyun held him.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Eomma's here. Shh'.

Taehyung started to calm down.

 

Just when Taehyung was almost completely calmed down, the doorbell rang.

Baekhyun went to the door and opened it and saw one of the neighbors.

'Where's Daehyun?' They asked.

'He's at work'. Baekhyun said using the Mato language Daehyun taught him.

'He said this power problem was fixed. That we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore'.

'I'm sorry. I'll let him know about it when he comes home'.

Baekhyun was holding Taehyung the whole time. He hoped he would stay quiet in front of the neighbor.

'Tell Daehyun that if this power problem keeps happening, I'll get his father to fix it'.

'Don't worry, Daehyun will take care of it'.

Baekhyun closed the door and sighed.

He looked at Taehyung who was sleeping in his arms.

Baekhyun started looking for the bear while he held Taehyung.

He found the bear next to the changing table. He couldn't believe he left it there.

Baekhyun grabbed the bear and went to the living room. He sat down on the couch and waited for Daehyun.

 

Daehyun came home late and found Baekhyun on the couch with Taehyung. Taehyung was awake playing with his bear while Baekhyun had fallen asleep.

Daehyun went over to Baekhyun and kissed his forehead.

'Baek'. Daehyun shook him gently

Baekhyun started to wake up and realized he was in an awkward angle on the couch.

'Dae?' He looked at him.

'Yes'. Daehyun smiled.

'I'm glad you're home'. Baekhyun noticed it was dark in the room. 'Why are you home so late?'

'I got stopped by our neighbors again'. He looked at Baekhyun. 'They told me there was another power problem'.

'I'm sorry honey'. Baekhyun said.

'I really tried to keep Taehyung quiet. But I messed up. I left his bear on the changing table when I put him down for his nap'. Baekhyun sighed. 'That's when he started crying'.

Daehyun sat next to Baekhyun and rubbed his back.

'I know you're doing what you can for our son'.

Baekhyun put his head on Daehyun's shoulder.

'I know it's not easy raising a son with super powers'.

'It would be easier on EXO planet...' Baekhyun said silently.

'What?' Daehyun looked at him.

'Nothing'. Baekhyun said as he kissed him.