A boy and his bear

Two Planets One Family (Hyun Family)

Taehyung wanted nothing to do with anyone else. He only wanted Baekhyun. Baekhyun thought it was cute at first, but now he was tired and frustrated. He had no time for himself. He couldn't go to the bathroom, shower, or spend time with Daehyun without Taehyung crying for him.

Taehyung slept with Daehyun and Baekhyun in Baekhyun's arms. Daehyun felt bad for Baekhyun. He saw how tired he was. He wanted to help him, but Taehyung wouldn't go near him.

While Daehyun was on his phone, he felt a weight fall on his shoulder. He looked over and saw Baekhyun had fallen asleep on him. Daehyun reached over and rubbed Baekhyun's back as he slept. He kissed his forehead and fell asleep a few minutes later.

 

*2 years later*

 

Taehyung was crying while Daehyun tried to calm him down. Baekhyun tried to take a nap, but it was impossible.

'I can't take this anymore'. Baekhyun sat up and put his head in his hands.

As Daehyun sat next to him, Taehyung reached out for Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighed and took Taehyung.

'Baby please stop crying. Eomma needs sleep'.

Taehyung clung to Baekhyun.

'I wish I could help you'. Daehyun said.

'I think I need to talk to the doctor'. Baekhyun rocked Taehyung till he fell asleep.

'Maybe he knows of a way to get Taehyung to stop being so clingy'.

'I'll take you'. Daehyun stood up and went to get his keys.

'Honey wait'. Baekhyun grabbed his hand.

'What is it?' Daehyun looked at him.

'I think I need to go to a doctor on EXO planet'.

'Why?' Daehyun was confused.

'I think this has something to do with my powers. No doctor on Mato can help me with my powers'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Okay. Be careful'. Daehyun kissed him.

'I will'. Baekhyun gave Taehyung to Daehyun. 'Here...'

'I don't think this is a good idea'. Daehyun looked at Taehyung in his arms.

'I'm sorry. I can't take him with me'. Baekhyun kissed Taehyung's cheek. 'Please be good for appa'.

Taehyung started to wake up. He noticed he wasn't in Baekhyun's arms and started screaming.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Baby, eomma will be back soon. I promise. Please stop crying for appa'.

But Taehyung wouldn't stop. His crying got louder.

'Just go Baek'. Daehyun said as he tried to calm Taehyung down.

Baekhyun left and tried to get to EXO planet as fast as he could.

 

Baekhyun arrived at EXO Planet and went to the hospital he used to go to when he was a kid. The doctor took him back to his office.

'Well what can I do for you Baekhyun?' The doctor asked.

'I need help with my son'.

'Your son. You have kids now?'

'Just one. He's two years old. Almost three'.

'It has been a long time since the last time I saw you'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Doctor, what can I do about my son being so clingy to me? He wants nothing to do with anyone else. Even my husband'.

'Husband?'

Baekhyun ignored him. 'What can I do?' He asked again.

'Baekhyun, it's normal for babies to be attached to their mother. I guess in this case is you...'

Baekhyun glared at him.

'Anyway...' The doctor continued. 'It has to do with the baby feeling the comfort of their mother's powers. The baby gets confused when they don't feel the energy of their mother's powers'.

'Is there anything I can do?' Baekhyun asked.

'Yes, give him this'. The doctor handed Baekhyun a stuffed bear.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows in confusion.

'A teddy bear? I came all this way for a teddy bear?' Baekhyun glared at the doctor. 'I could of gotten him this at the store'. He sighed.

'Baekhyun, this is a special bear'. 

The doctor took the bear and showed Baekhyun a clear plastic square compartment on the bear's stomach.

'This cylinder inside this plastic square can hold some of your powers'.

Baekhyun was still confused.

'If you put some of your powers inside the cylinder, your son will feel the energy from your power when he holds the bear and he'll become more attached to the bear so you can have some time for yourself'.

Baekhyun was skeptical. 'What if it doesn't work?'

'It will'. Said the doctor. 'I've given a lot of these bears to mothers and they haven't had any problems'.

Baekhyun sighed and took the bear. 'Okay, I'll try it'.

Baekhyun left the doctor's office and tried to get the first ride back to Mato.

 

Baekhyun called Daehyun to let him know he was on his way back home. Baekhyun could hear Taehyung was still crying in the background.

'I'm on my way back home'.

'Please hurry, I'm worried about Taehyung'.

'I'll get there as soon as I can'. Baekhyun hung up and waited to land.

 

He finally arrived back on Mato and went home as fast as he could.

When he reached his house, he could hear Taehyung crying. He stood outside and looked at the bear.

'This better work'. He said to himself.

Baekhyun opened the door and saw Taehyung in Daehyun's arms. Baekhyun went over to them and took Taehyung.

Taehyung was red from crying, but he stopped when he saw Baekhyun.

Daehyun sighed in relief at the silence.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Daehyun. Then he tried to give the bear to Taehyung. But Taehyung didn't want it.

Baekhyun put the bear on the counter.

'Why do you have that bear?' Daehyun asked.

'The doctor said it would help'. Baekhyun said wiping Taehyung's face.

'I could of bought him a bear'. Daehyun said as he picked up the bear.

'I know'. Baekhyun sighed. 'I told him the same thing'.

Baekhyun took the bear from Daehyun and set it back on the counter.

'So what's so special about this bear?' Daehyun asked.

'You'll see.' Baekhyun looked at him. 'If it works...' He said silently.

Baekhyun set Taehyung down on the ground next to him. Taehyung grabbed Baekhyun's leg.

Baekhyun shook his head and tried to concentrate on putting his powers in the bear.

Daehyun saw light glowing from Baekhyun's hands.

Baekhyun aimed his hand at the bear and soon the cylinder in the bear lit up.

 

Baekhyun felt a little weak but he picked Taehyung up and went over to the bear. He tried to give Taehyung the bear. Taehyung looked at it then reached out for it.

Baekhyun gave him the bear and set him on the ground. Taehyung looked at Baekhyun confused, but looked at the bear and hugged it.

'Did it work?' Daehyun asked looking at Taehyung.

'I don't know'. Baekhyun answered. 'I think so'.

Taehyung hugged the bear tight.

Daehyun went over to Taehyung. Taehyung pulled the bear away from Daehyun afraid he was going to take it from him.

'I don't want your bear, son'.

Daehyun tried to pick Taehyung up. Taehyung wasn't sure about him. He kept squeezing his bear.

'Daehyun, please don't make him cry'. Baekhyun said as he watched them.

'I'm not trying to make him cry. I just want my son to get used to me'.

'Well, I'm going to go take a shower'. Baekhyun said as he left the room.

Baekhyun listened for Taehyung's cries, but they didn't come. He was relieved the bear worked.

 

Baekhyun spent 30 minutes in the shower. Then he dried off and got dressed.

He went back and joined Daehyun and Taehyung. Taehyung was still worried Daehyun was going to take his bear from him.

Baekhyun layed down on the couch and watched them.

'Our son hates me'. Daehyun sighed and leaned against the couch.

'No, he doesn't honey'. Baekhyun reached down and ran his hand in Daehyun's hair. 

'The doctor said it's normal for babies to be attached to their mothers'.

Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun's hand and kissed it.

Baekhyun soon fell asleep on the couch.

Daehyun noticed Taehyung was getting sleepy too. He picked Taehyung up and tried to put him in his crib. It would be the first time Taehyung slept in his crib since they brought him home.

Taehyung fell asleep holding his bear tight.

Daehyun went back for Baekhyun. He picked him up and took him to their bedroom and layed him on the bed. He covered Baekhyun with the blanket and kissed his forehead. Then got in bed next to him.

 

During the night, Baekhyun woke up. He was worried he hadn't heard a sound from Taehyung.

Baekhyun got out of bed and went to check on Taehyung. He opened the door to his room and saw Taehyung sound asleep holding his bear.

Baekhyun smiled and went back to his room. He got in bed and cuddled up against Daehyun.

 

Baekhyun was able to relax after giving Taehyung the bear. It kept him occupied. Baekhyun was able to get chores done around the house. He was able to have time for himself while Daehyun was at work.

Baekhyun had put Taehyung down for a nap, and soon fell asleep.

An hour later, Baekhyun woke up to Taehyung screaming. 

Baekhyun got off the couch and went to Taehyung's room. He opened the door and saw the bear had fallen on the floor. Taehyung was trying to reach it.

Baekhyun went to get the bear, but stopped when he noticed the lights flickering in Taehyung's room. Baekhyun knew he wasn't doing it.

He looked at Taehyung who was reaching for the bear. Baekhyun gave the bear to Taehyung and the lights stopped flickering.

'Oh my god'. Baekhyun said to himself.