A new family member

Two Planets One Family (Hyun Family)

*2 years later*

 

'Daehyun!' Baekhyun screamed.

Daehyun was asleep when he heard Baekhyun in the other room. He got up and ran to him.

'Babe, what is it?' Daehyun looked concerned.

'Daehyun, I don't feel good'. Baekhyun said grabbing his stomach. 'I've been throwing up the last couple mornings'.

Daehyun looked at his husband. 'What do you think it is?'

'I don't know. Can you take me to the doctor?'

'Of course'.

 

They got in the car and Daehyun drove to the doctor's office. They went inside and waited.

Baekhyun kept going to the bathroom to throw up. 

Daehyun was concerned. He hated to see Baekhyun in pain.

'Jung Baekhyun?' The nurse called them.

Daehyun followed Baekhyun into the doctor's office.

The nurse did a few tests on Baekhyun before the doctor showed up.

'So what seems to be the problem?' The doctor asked.

'For the last few days I've been throwing up in the morning'.

'Any other symptoms?'

'No'.

'We'll run a few tests and see if we can figure out the problem'.

 

After the tests were done, the doctor went back to Daehyun and Baekhyun.

'Well we've found out what's been causing you to throw up'.

'What is it?' Baekhyun asked as he squeezed Daehyun's hand.

'You're pregnant'.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun and the doctor confused.

'There must be a mistake'. Baekhyun said. 'I'm a boy. I can't be pregnant'.

'I know. But somehow you and your...partner...'

'Husband'. Baekhyun said cutting him off.

'You and your husband managed to create a baby'.

Baekhyun was still confused but happy that he created a baby with Daehyun.

'Is it too early for an ultrasound?' Baekhyun asked.

'No. There won't be much to see since the baby is still small. But I can show you'.

 

The nurse set Baekhyun up for the ultrasound. Baekhyun layed down and lifted his shirt. 

The nurse put the gel on his stomach and used the machine to find the baby. She soon found the baby and showed them.

'There's your baby'. She pointed at the screen.

Baekhyun and Daehyun looked at the screen.

'I still can't believe it'. Baekhyun said.

When they finished, the nurse gave them pictures of the ultrasound.

'Come back in a few weeks so we can check on the progress of your baby'. The doctor said.

Baekhyun and Daehyun agreed then went home.

 

They couldn't believe they were going to be parents. Daehyun spent his time spoiling Baekhyun. He wanted to make sure Baekhyun didn't have any complications during his pregnancy. He noticed Baekhyun had mood swings every day. He could go from happy, angry or sad in minutes. The lights suffered a lot during the pregnancy.

Daehyun tried to take care of Baekhyun's food cravings too. He got food cravings all the time. Even late at night when he was trying to sleep.

Baekhyun's stomach started getting bigger. He was having a hard time hiding his pregnancy. People gave him looks when he went to the doctor's office. But he ignored them. 

His checkups were always good, and he kept getting new ultrasound pictures. He loved being able to see his baby grow.

Baekhyun talked Daehyun into changing the guest room into the baby's room. Daehyun got a couple of his friends to help him. Baekhyun watched over them to make sure everything was perfect for the baby.

Daehyun was ready for the baby to come. Baekhyun was very demanding and moody. But he wanted Baekhyun to be happy.

 

*A few months later*

 

Baekhyun and Daehyun were cuddling in bed. Baekhyun was rubbing his stomach as he tried to fall asleep. He started closing his eyes. Then out of nowhere he got a sharp pain. Baekhyun screamed and pulled away from Daehyun.

'What is it?' Daehyun asked. He was worried.

'The baby...' Baekhyun said. 'The baby's coming'.

Daehyun got out of bed and helped Baekhyun into the car. Baekhyun kept screaming in pain.

'Hold on babe'. Daehyun said holding Baekhyun's hand.

Daehyun pulled up to the hospital and helped Baekhyun inside.

Baekhyun got rushed into the delivery room. The nurses had Daehyun change into scrubs before joining Baekhyun in the delivery room.

 

When Daehyun entered the room, Baekhyun was screaming and asking for him.

Daehyun went over to him and held his hand. Baekhyun squeezed Daehyun's hand as hard as he could to help easy the pain. But the pain was unbearable.

Daehyun stared screaming too. It reminded him of the time Baekhyun was pulling his hair when he was trying to bandage his foot.

 

Baekhyun's labor took a few hours. Then Daehyun heard the doctor tell Baekhyun to push.

Baekhyun kept screaming. Daehyun was surprised he hasn't lost his voice yet.

After a few pushes, Daehyun heard a baby crying.

Baekhyun had loosened his grip on Daehyun's hand.

Daehyun got a washcloth and started wiping the sweat off of Baekhyun's forehead.

The nurses were cleaning the baby off. Then before Daehyun knew it, the nurse handed the baby to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed the baby's forehead.

'So you're the one that caused me so much pain the last few hours'. Baekhyun looked at the baby sleeping in his arms.

'He looks like you'. Daehyun said.

'He looks like you too'. Baekhyun smiled.

'So what should we call him?' Daehyun asked.

Baekhyun looked at the baby in his arms for a couple minutes.

'I think he looks like a Taehyung'.

'Taehyung it is'. Daehyun touched Taehyung's tiny hand.

Taehyung started to wake up. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around.

Baekhyun smiled at him.

'Do you want to hold him?' He looked at Daehyun.

'Of course'.

Baekhyun handed the baby to Daehyun.

'Hey son'. Daehyun smiled at him. 'I'm your appa'.

Taehyung looked at Daehyun confused and started crying.

'What did I do?' Daehyun looked at Baekhyun.

'Let me see him'. Baekhyun held out his arms and took Taehyung from Daehyun.

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun and stopped crying.

'What was that? Are you scared of your appa?' Baekhyun asked as he wiped Taehyung's tears away.

'Guess he's an eomma boy' Daehyun sighed.

'I don't think it's that. He just has to get used to everyone'.

Baekhyun squeezed Daehyun's hand. 'This is his first time meeting us'.

'You're right'. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun.

 

The nurse came with a bottle to feed Taehyung. Baekhyun took the bottle and gave it to Taehyung. He started on the bottle eagerly.

 

After he finished the bottle, the nurse tried to put Taehyung down for a nap. But he started screaming when he got taken from Baekhyun.

The nurse couldn't quiet him down, so she gave him back to Baekhyun.

Taehyung stopped crying immediately.

'Why does he only let you hold him?' Daehyun asked.

'I don't know'. Baekhyun was confused himself.

'Maybe he got used to me while he was in my womb.' Baekhyun shrugged.

'He'll grow out of it' 

'I hope so'. Daehyun said.