Second

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Compared to the two boys, Chloe was completely out of shape. She could barely keep up with their pace and the fact that she actually made it this far was something most regular humans couldn't even dream to achieve. Chloe cursed the boys under her breath as she ran, well aware that they were running so fast on purpose. She also cursed how weak she was compared to a year ago.

 

Chloe didn't know how long they were running for. She had probably run a whole marathon by now so when the two boys finally started to slow down, she nearly collapsed with relief. That was, until she saw the waterfall.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn't even blink. They ran straight to the edge and jumped straight into the center of the waterfall. Their bodies passed through the water harmlessly and they disappeared.

 

Chloe wanted to scream. No ordinary person could jump that high. Even if they could, they wouldn't survive passing through the waterfall. And the two boys knew that. Hell, they probably didn't even know she was there. They probably thought that they lost her long ago.

 

Groaning, she searched for a way into the cave that was just behind the watery curtain. She could climb a decent way up using the rocks nearby, but there was no way she'd get passed the water. Guess that was a problem for later. Shaking her head, she started to climb.

 

 

The one thing Chloe was most definitely proud of, was that she managed to stay in great shape for a regular person. It was the only way she managed to climb as high as she did.

 

She took a deep breath and sat down onto the rock the had just climbed. She was a little higher than the boys were when they jumped into the water--the perfect height to test out her crazy plan.

 

Chloe was an idiot. A true, gods forsaken idiot. Anyone watching her would think she was suicidal. Yup, I'm definitely suicidal, was the only thought running through her head as she dived, head first, into the crashing waters.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked up, surprise written all over their faces, as Chloe crashed through the waterfall and fell onto the ground. At the last second, she curved her back and let herself roll to break her fall.

 

It partially worked. Though the roll kept Chloe's bones intact, she still felt plenty of bruises forming. She was also positive she sprained her hand. Badly.

 

"Are you crazy?!" Baekhyun yelled at the lifeless form that just crashed into their lair. Chloe groaned in response and Chanyeol rushed over.

 

"Are you okay?!" He asked frantically.

 

"Just--peachy--," she wheezed out, finding it very difficult to breathe with the wind knocked out of her.

 

"What were you thinking?!" Baekhyun nearly yelled at her. Chloe shot him a glare.

 

"I'm--a regular--human--," she coughed a little. "You knew I--couldn't keep--up--."

 

"So did it ever occur to you to just leave us alone?" He said back harshly. If looks could kill, Chloe would've incinerated him.

 

"You--promised--answers--," she coughed more violently this time.

 

"You idio--,"

 

"Baek," Chanyeol cut him off. "We need Lay." He pointed at the drops of blood that started to appear at Chloe's mouth after she started coughing. Baekhyun let out a string of curse words so colorful, a sailor would've blushed.

 

He turned to the raging water. Sunlight shined through it, giving Baek just enough light to work with. The water suddenly created a rainbow in its mist. The rainbow swirled for a bit before a face appeared.

 

It was another boy. He was, for lack of better word, dark. He had dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin--darker than Chanyeol's--and dark clothes. He jumped the minute his face appeared in the mist.

 

"Dammit, Baekhyun! Don't do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter