Car Trip Back

Dance With Me

Jimin was suddenly called somewhere and Youngbin was “forced” to bring Hyejeong home. Youngbin can’t help but thank the heaven’s (specifically an angel called Jimin) for his good fortune. He can’t help but smile when he opened the door of his car for Hyejeong. Hyejeong on the other hand seems so shy as she enters his car.

As soon as they were on their way, Youngbin immediately felt the awkwardness between them so he said the first thing that came to his mind. “Are you happy?” He asked. He then realized that his question was too vague. “I mean, are you happy being an idol?”

“Of course, I am. I love performing. I enjoy my work. Though sometimes I wish for more privacy. How about you, do you really want to become an idol?” She asked him.

“I love dancing. I love music. I’m happy when people appreciate my hardwork. I love it when they clap and cheer for us every after every performance. So yeah, I do want to be a part of your world.” He smiled.

Hyejeong smiled at his answer. “Everything’s good them. I mean if you’re really not sure if this is the life that you want, then you should quit now ‘coz if you quit when you already have fans, not everyone will understand your reasons and it will be harder for you and the people around you.”

“Well, I’m not quitter. When I want something, I go for it. I’m like this with everything I do.”

“What do you mean?” She asked.

Youngbin then smiled mysteriously, “You’ll know soon enough. Oh by the way, is there someone who will get mad if he knew that I brought you home?”

“You mean like a boyfriend?” She asked and he just nodded. “None at the moment. But there’s this one guy in the company that caught my attention lately.”

She smiled when he suddenly frowned. “May I know who he is?” He asked with gritted teeth.

“I think you know him. He’s part of the new group the company is making. The first dance group of the company. Oh, yeah you’re part of that group, you definitely know him.”

“He’s part of Neo School?” He asked her. He really wanted to stop the car and just talk to her. He needs to know who he is.

“Oh yes he is. You’re 11 in that group, right?” She asked and he nodded again.

“Is he older than you or younger than you?” He asked.

“I think I’m older than him.” She answered.

Youngbin then realized that 10 guys remained for only Inseong was older than her in terms of months. He’s suddenly thankful that he’s 3 months younger than her. “Why do you like him?”

“Coz he seems to enjoy what he does and of course he’s very handsome.”

“Yah, that’s cheating! Everyone in the dance team loves what we do and everyone’s handsome. I don’t think FNC would even let anyone pass the first screening if he’s not handsome.” Youngbin said and Hyejeong laughed.

“So, you mean you’re handsome?”

Like some of fate, the lights turned red and Youngbin had to stop the car. He then looked at Hyejeong and said, “Honestly, tell me if I’m not handsome.”

Hyejeong was speechless, she can’t seem to think straight. Here’s the guy that she likes staring at her like he’s searching her soul for answers. She can’t seem to break their gaze then suddenly, the car behind them honk.

“You need to go.” She said.

“Not until you answer my question.” He said.

The car began to honk again and it seems like the driver is getting mad but Youngbin is still staring at her, waiting for her to answer.

“Fine! Yes, you are. Happy? Now go!” She said but Youngbin is still not getting the answer that he wants. “I am what?” He asked.

“Yes, you are VERY handsome! Go!” Youngbin smiled at her answer, ruffled her hair and began driving again.

“You’re quite conceited you know.” Hyejeong said.

“No, I’m not. I never said I’m handsome, you did. You said I’m VERY handsome.” He .

Hyejeong was thankful that he was driving or else he would see her blush.

“By the way, when do you guys practice? We’re not promoting now and I want to see you guys practice. They said, you guys have some killer moves, like a wheel dance. It’s causing a buzz at the company.” She told him.

“Why do you want to come, to see your guy?”

“Of course!” She agreed. “Oh, by the way, did you know that a lot of AOA are BFF’s with the dance team?”

“Oh, you mean Juho and Chanmi? Yes, they’re pretty close. Seokwoo and Seolhyun were good friends too before. I just don’t know what happened to them.” Youngbin said. “Hey, those two are not the guys that you like, right?”

“Seokwoo is the visual of the group, right? Juho is also VERY handsome. Hmmm…”

Just then, they reached their destination. Youngbin hurriedly went out to open the door for her.

“You know what, I don’t care who that guy is anymore. Remember what I told you earlier? I go for what I like. I like you Hyejeong. I’m warning you now, I’m going after you. I don’t care who you like, I’ll make sure that you will forget that you like him and like me instead.” He told her with a smile.

She then smiled at him too and said, “Well, then you’re in an impossible mission. Thank you for the ride!”

“You really like him that much?” He asked.

“I don’t know. But thanks to you, I’m beginning to like him more and more.”