Chapter 8

I love you,baby

-A week after-

“Bye Yerimie!” Both Wendy and Irene was waving goodbye to Yerim who was walking into gleefully towards her school. The little angel wave for the last time towards them before following her teacher to go inside.

Like parents sending their kid to school, Wendy and Irene watched Yerim with smiles until the kid entered safely inside the school building.

It is so convenient that their school only takes about 10 minutes by feet to arrive from Yerim’s school. Irene and Wendy decided to walk to school today.

“Unnie, what time does your class end today?” Wendy asked starting the conversation.

“Mine ends at 5pm today, why?” Irene asked back.

“My class ends at 3pm, so, I was thinking, can I take you out for a date after your class?” Irene can see that Wendy is being careful. Her face clearly shows that she was a little bit nervous about asking her out. Wendy fidgets with her fingers and bit her bottom lips silently wishing that Irene would accept her idea.

“But what about Yerim, she ends school at 3:30pm right?” Irene was hesitating to accept Wendy’s idea as she remembered how disappointed Yerim was when Wendy did not went to pick her up that one time.

“Don’t worry. I still have 2 hours to spend before you finish. In the meantime, i can pick up Yerim first and then send her to Seulgi. Yerim wouldn’t mind cus she likes her bear unnie a lot.” Wendy grins. Which earn a smile from Irene, seeing how adorable Wendy is when she gave out her signature toothy smile.

“Alright, it’s a date.” Irene then hooks her arm around Wendy’s arm as they continued to walk to school, quite excited for their date tonight.

Walking side by side, arms interlaced with each other, both are wearing huge smiles on their faces. Wendy is glad that Irene began to let down her walls and slowly letting her in, giving her a chance to prove about how serious she is this time.

Soon as they arrive at the school compound. The sound of the students whisper can be heard as they are walking into the schools. Almost everyone that witnesses their close skinship was staring at them, pointing fingers and giving them side looks. Feeling intimidated, Irene let go of Wendy’s arm and wanted to move away but Wendy held her hand and put her back to her side.

“Don’t mind them, I’m here.” Wendy whispered to Irene. Wendy’s words and gentle smile helped her to calm down. Irene tightens the grip on Wendy’s hand as they continue to walk to their classroom.

 

“Bye unnie, I will pick you up after your last class.” Wendy waved goodbye at Irene cutely before adding, “And don’t worry, I won’t look at other girls!” she quickly laid a peck on Irene’s cheek before leaving Irene stood dumbfounded in front of her class door. A visible red can be seen on her cheek as she blushed at the peck and went into classroom. She was lucky that the class is still empty.

 

“I didn’t know you and Wendy is a thing, how could you not tell me?” A voice startled Irene. It was Solar a.k.a Yongsun, Irene’s bestfriend. The girl creeped on her back and asked as she slapped Irene’s shoulder. Irene winced and slapped Solar’s shoulder repeatedly while she was replying, “Yah! What the hell! I almost had a heart attack!”

 

“Ouch! Okay stop! I’m sorry!” Irene huffed in displease while Solar fixed her school shirt. “You didn’t answer my question. Besides i should be the one to hit you, how can you not tell me that you and Wendy is a thing now?” Now it’s solar turns to huffed. She crossed her arms and pouts. Not forgetting to glare at Irene.

 

“We are not together yet okay. So chill, i promise you will be the first one to know about things like this.” Irene grab on Solar shoulder and smiles towards the latter.

 

“Ohhh ‘yet’!” Solar teased Irene, whose face got redder by the second.

 

“SOLARRR! OMG YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED” A voice can be heard and the class door burst open. It was one of their friend Chorong.

 

“Irene and Wendy sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Solar sang. Chorong’s eyes widen. Surprise that even Solar know about the news already.

 

“ Irene! You didn’t tell me you and Wendy are together!” Chorong said as she hit Irene’s arm.

 

“Aww, why are the both of you so violent?” Irene pouted as she rubbed her arm.

 

“We.Are.Not.Together. But, we are going on a date tonight!” Irene said as her face glowed in happiness.

 

“Ohhh, that must be the part when Wendy will confess!” Solar clasped her hand together excitedly.

 

“Hey, Are you really going to accept her, Irene? I mean, it’s Wendy we’re talking about after all.” Chorong asked worried about her best friend.

“Well, I’m thinking of giving her a chance. Since she seems really serious this time. Well, that’s if she does confess!” Irene’s face went into the deepest shade of red there could ever be, making Solar and Chorong gush over how cute Irene is being and engulfed her to a hug.

“Awwwwwwww~”

 

-

 

During break…. (at the toilet)

 

*Bang*

A loud sound travelled through the toilet as a group of girls came in, kicking the door. They spotted Irene washing her hand and and immediately surrounded her.

 

“Wh-what’s going on?!” Irene asked as she was being cornered on the sink.

“We just wanted to tell you something.” One of the girls stated with a smirk on her face while chewing a gum.

 

“Yeah, don’t need to be afraid.” Another girl continued this one is twirling her hair.

“We won’t bite...” The girl bend over to be on the same eye level as Irene. She let out a sweet smile before it turned into a sinister one. She then pushed Irene’s head with her finger. “Unless we see you together with Wendy again! Then, we will not only bite, we will also tear you into pieces, understand?!” The girl ended fiercely.

 

Irene who was terrified could not do anything but nod weakly. Only then did all the girls leave the toilet and give Irene the dirty look. Irene heaved a sigh of relief. She washed her face to freshen up, and to try forgetting what had just happen. “It’s fine Irene. Wendy is here. Wendy is here. Everything will be okay.” After calming herself down, Irene gaze her reflection for a while in the mirror before she exited the toilet with heavy steps.

 

-

-Meanwhile, Wendy...-

 

After her class, Wendy went to pick Yerim up from the kindergarten and brought her to her school. Now they are inside Wendy’s empty classroom. Sitting face to face on the empty chairs.

“Listen well Yerimie, Now we are going to do a surprise for Irene unnie, okay?” Wendy told yerim.

The kid’s eyes shone with excitement when she heard the word ‘surprise’. “Yerim lahv supwise!”

 

Wendy chuckled at the kid’s antic. “What ish Yerimie gowing to do?” Yerim asked as she ran and jump around the classroom. Worried that the kid might fall Wendy stood up and carry the girl on her arm.

 

“Yerim will bring Irene unnie here later, is that okay?” Yerim smiled and nodded again.

 

“Yo, what’s good?” Seulgi came in the classroom after Wendy messaged her just now.

 

“BEAR UNNIE!” Yerim exclaimed excitedly. She squirm to be put down by Wendy. Soon as her little feet reach the floor she ran and hugged Seulgi.

 

“MAH SQUIRTLE” Seulgi kneeled on the floor to received Yerim’s hug.

 

“Ohh stop that dramatic meeting, Seul. You are turning 19 a few months later, try to act like one.” Wendy rolled her eyes she’s kinda hurt that Yerim likes Seulgi that much.

 

“Oh shush, at least I am still young at heart, right Yerimie?” Seulgi asked and she carries Yerim.

 

“Truuuuuuu.” With that, Yerim shot out her thousand watt smile at Wendy, making Wendy shake her head and smile, finding the chemistry between Yerim and Seulgi cute.

 

“So what do I do?” Seulgi asked after she finally remembered the main reason why she was here.

 

“Help me move the chairs and tables and we have to blow up the balloons too.” Wendy said as she read from her list.

 

Seulgi shrugged as she started to move the table and chairs. “Are you really serious with Irene unnie?” Seulgi asked Wendy seriously. “She is one of my closest unnie, and I don’t want to see her getting hurt.”

 

“Don’t worry Seul, I am serious this time round, look, I haven’t been hanging around with other girls right? It’s my promise to Irene unnie, that I will only look at her and nobody else. She’s the only girl in my heart right now. Occupying the whole space and i can’t barely fit you in.” Wendy said sincerely trying to convinced her best friend.

 

“Ewww, I didn’t know you were that greasy, Wen.” Seulgi said as she made a face of disgust.

Wendy glared at her playfully before continuing her work. “So where do you put Yerim then if your heart is full with Irene?” Seulgi asked.

 

“I meant romantically Bear! Yerim will always have a spot right here next to Irene unnie. She’s like our child already.”  Wendy pointing towards her heart and smile towards Yerim who’s now playing with her fingers on the chair.

 

Seulgi can only fake a gag. “Alright buddy, Just please, Change for real this time alright? I don’t want to look at you changing girls like almost every day. Promise me, that Wendy is long gone. Promise?”

 

Looking at Seulgi straight in the eyes. She didn’t hesitate, “I promise.”.

“Wandy unnie, ish it twime to go find Iwene unnie yet?” Yerim asked interrupting the two. The kid is feeling impatient as she wanted to see how Irene would react.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot to text Irene unnie.” Wendy facepalmed herself before whipping out her phone to message Irene to wait at another spot.

 

To: Irene

From: Wendy

Unnie, I am on an errand, is it okay if you wait for me outside the gym?

 

From: Irene

                                                          To: Wendy

                                                          Sure ^^

 

Wendy put her phone back  inside her pocket when she received the reply from Irene. After that, she squat down to talk to Yerim.

“Now, listen Yerimie, I want you to pass this letter and this balloon to Irene unnie okay?” Wendy said as she hold the blue card on her right hand and the pink balloon on her left. Yerim nodded excitedly as she held onto the letter and balloons. “Don’t answer to any of her question okay? Just go back straight to Seulgi unnie, Okay?”

 

“Okay!” Yerim exclaimed. Wendy ruffles the kid hair in delight.

 

“Seulgi, I shall trouble you to bring Yerim back to my house, is that alright with you?” Wendy asked.

 

“For Yerim, Never a problem”

 

“Alright, now let the plan begin!”

 

-

 

 

Sharp at 4pm, the lecturer bid the class farewell before exiting the classroom.Irene waved goodbye towards her friends before rushing outside and head to the gym. When she reached the place, she spotted a small body standing out near the gym door holding a pink balloon on her left hand.

 

“Yerim?” Irene asked softly. She gasped as the small figure turned and looked at her.

 

“Iwene unnie!” Yerim shouted and waved.

 

Irene quickly made her way to Yerim when she reach, she kneeled down and asked. “What are you doing here? Where’s Wendy?”

 

“Wandy unnie want yewim to give tis letter to Iwene unnie! And tis balloon too!” Confused, Irene took the letter and balloon from the Yerim’s hand. She almost shouted when Yerim just ran away, but she didn’t as she saw Seulgi waiting for the kid at the corner. Irene waved goodbye to them as they walk leaving Irene alone in front of the gym.

 

Feeling curious, Irene smiled as she open the letter from Wendy.

                                                                                                

Dear Irene Bae,

                I am really glad that you are opening up to me as well as Yerimie. I know that in the past, I am a terrible person. I never take my relationship seriously and i never stick to one person for long. But that was all before i met you. Knowing you, makes me want to change for good. Knowing you makes me want to stay, Knowing you makes me picturing a future. Trust me, when you, me and Yerim are hanging out. It’s like we are playing house. Where we as the parents and she as our child.

 

Unnie, I confessed to you before and this time i’m doing it again. I really do like you a lot. No, i don’t think that’s right.

 

I love you, unnie.

 

Will you be my girlfriend?

 

If your answer is yes, I am waiting at the corner classroom on the 1st floor.

If the answer is no, you can just throw this piece of paper and act as though this had never happened before.

 

Yours sincerely,

Wendy Son.

 

Irene smiled at the letter, It got her eyes teary a bit but it was all because she is happy. She had already know her answer and she made up her mind. Wiping the possible tears, Irene runs towards the stated place on the letter, classroom on the 1st floor.

 

Taking the stairs and climb with quick legs. Irene swear this is the first time she run so hard in her life. She rarely runs.

 

When she arrived, she stopped in front of the classroom door. Catching her breath and calming herself down. Feeling nervous, she decided to eavesdrop on the door but she could hear nothing, maybe Wendy was still preparing something.

She smiled again at the thought of Wendy inside the room waiting for her. Once she was ready, Irene take a deep breath before she opened the door gently as she made her way in.

 

“Wendy?”

 

But what she saw broke her heart into a million pieces.

 

Wendy Son was on the ground with a girl sitting on her lap, making out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 _____________________________________________________                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Hi guyss, sorry for the super late update OTL

Hope u guys like this update and do subscribe, comment and upvote ^^