Love

Miscellany of BaekYeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**THE STORY DOES NOT HAVE A SPECIFIC TIMELINE OR PERIOD**

 

As her members munch on their dinners while having fun, Taeyeon remained silent on her seat; her mind elsewhere.

"Hey unnie, your food is getting cold." Yuri who is seated beside her calmly whispered to her without the others noticing.

Taeyeon glanced up to her friend who nodded as an encouragement before glancing to her food in front of her.

Sighing deeply, she grabbed the spoon and began munching on her food as well like the others, with every gulp being so hard for her like eating was not taught to her long ago.

She remained silent on her place, not even listening to her members who are exchanging stories and jokes from the time they've been apart due to individual schedules.

Though she badly want to have a good time with them after so long, she can't bring herself to do so, and she hates it that she's ruining the mood for everyone. But as loving and understanding as ever, the girls didn't put pressure on Taeyeon to tell them what's wrong, instead they gladly lighten up the atmosphere as they can for her and for everyone as well.

"Aish... Yah! Enough drinking Baekhyun! You're obviously drunk!" Suho said as he tried to stop Baekhyun from drinking another glass of alcohol.

"No I'm not! Who said I'm drunk?! No I'm not!" Baekhyun responded loudly, grabbing his glass from Suho's hand and gulping it in one shot.

"Shh! You're so loud, people outside might hear us!" Chen hushed, checking if there are people outside of their rented room in the restaurant.

"I told you guys, I'm not drunk!" Baekhyun once again responded loudly.

"Aish! I'm seriously going to call Taeyeon noona now!" Xiumin threatened the younger.

Baekhyun laughed bitterly. "Go ahead, call her. She doesn't care about me anymore, kay?! She broke up with me remember?" He said, laughing bitterly again after.

The members exchanged a wary look at each other before heaving a sigh.

"Okay, that's enough. You'd had a lot of drinks already." Lay said as he pulled the glass away from Baekhyun who was trying to reach it.

"Ahh! Lay hyung give it to me!" Baekhyun whined as he tried to grab the glass from Lay but the members were quick to stop and hold him in place.

"Hyung, please stop!" Sehun said rather in a stern voice as Baekhyun continued to whine loudly for the glass that Lay took. It is short, but enough to quiet everyone even the obviously drunk Baekhyun.

He looked at Sehun as he seem to go back to his senses and Sehun stared back at him. With heavy breathing, he looked down and slumped down on his seat.

Silence enveloped the place and the members were mentally thanking Baekhyun for calming down already. Until they heard a sob.

All eyes diverted back to Baekhyun, and there he was, hands on his face, sobbing.

The members exchanged a wary look yet decided to let Baekhyun cry.

"She broke up with me..." He uttered between his sobs. "She broke up with me..." He repeated.

The members gave Baekhyun a worried look and continued to listen to him.

"Taeyeon... Taeyeon!" Baekhyun cried out loud.

Suho went to his side and patted Baekhyun's back to sooth him.

"I miss you... I miss her... Hyung, I miss Taeyeon!" He cried out loud once again.

Suho continued to pat his back as Baekhyun continued to cry his pain and heart out loud.

 

3 MONTHS BEFORE

 

"Baekhyun..." Taeyeon started.

Baekhyun looked at her with his warmest smile that she loves. "Hm?" He responded.

The minute she saw his smile, she knew she's going to regret her decision. She swallowed the lump on before continuing. "Baekhyun," she said again.

Baekhyun just widened his smile. "You know Minseok hyung is telling this place, it's just in Seoul but we can go there sometimes and have our dates! Hyung said that this place is not well known so we'll be comfor—"

"Baekhyun," She couldn't bare to listen anymore, knowing it's never going to happen anymore. "Let's stop this."

The warm smile on his face faded away and was replaced with a questioning look. "Taeyeon... What is this, it's not a funny joke—"

"I'm not joking Baekhyun. Let's stop this, for real." Despite maintaining a blank face, her voice couldn't lie as it cracked as she finishes her sentence.

Baekhyun remained silent, still with a questioning look painted all over his face. He's confused, shocked, and hurt. "But... But why?" He managed to speak out.

Taeyeon gulped before speaking. "This is not working for the both of us anymore,"

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun asked, confused.

Taeyeon took a deep breathe and sighed heavily. "I..." She started, but couldn't seem to find the right words to explain. Because there weren't really any right words to explain and justify it. To justify the breakup.

"I thought... we're much stronger now?" Baekhyun asked, barely a whisper.

"I thought so too." Taeyeon replied rather in a low voice.

"Then why?" He asked, voice sounding desperate. Desperate for answers.

Taeyeon didn't respond, but instead started crying. She couldn't understand herself as well, why does she have to do this if she still very much loves him. But at the same time, her mind is telling her that this is right thing, for the both of them. In this way things will be easier and everyone will be at peace. There's a battle in her own mind that she couldn't understand everything at all.

"Why?" Baekhyun asked again, now in a much louder voice.

Instead of answering, she stood up and hugged him tight like there's no tomorrow. She knew she'll going to regret it, but it might be the last one they'll be sharing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She said, sobbing.

Baekhyun placed his hand on her head and the other on her back, patting her as she sobs. "It's okay,"

"I'm sorry, but we have to. Please." Taeyeon said, still sobbing.

Just as he thought everything's going well, he's once again confused and hurt. But he still continued to embrace her. It's his favorite thing in the world, Taeyeon safe on his arms. And it hurts him to think that this might be their last hug. He couldn't bare the thought of not being with her.

It took Taeyeon quite awhile before breaking away from the hug. She cupped his face now full of tears as well, with her hands. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. But things might be better off this way. I have to think. Alone. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." She said between her sobs.

"Taeyeon, please... don't." Baekhyun begged as he sobs as well.

She knew that she has to leave already or else she would just eat the words she just let out if she wouldn't, so instead of answering she sought for his lips and planted a soft and long kiss on it, hoping that he would get how much she still loves him. The kiss lasted for a while and when Taeyeon broke it, she placed her forehead on his. "I'm sorry, I love you." She said, before standing up and walking away from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun called her out hoping that she would turn around and comeback, but she didn't. And there he was left alone, crying his heart out and his pain like he is now.

"Bye girls! See you next week for our group schedule!" Tiffany said as the girls bid goodbye already after their dinner.

"I can't wait!!" Sooyoung excitedly said, stomping her feet as she do so.

"Ah! I hope you all have a good night after that delicious dinner pigs!" Hyoyeon said, earning a number of complains from everyone, except Taeyeon who was just laughing as she watch her members.

"Said the one who ate most of the beef!" Sunny sarcastically say.

"You better shut up there Sungyu!" Hyoyeon retorted back.

"Hey! No first name basis Kim Hyoyeon!" Sunny replied, hitting Hyoyeon on her shoulder.

"We better go now before a wrestling might happen because of you unnies!" Seohyun said, dragging the two away from each other.

"Okay, bye guys! See you next week!" Yuri said, waving to the members as she started to walk away from them already.

"Tae! You're going back home or at the dorm?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon shook her head as she smiled. "I'll be back maybe tomorrow! I'll head off to the apartment for tonight to clean." She answered.

"Oh yeah, it's been awhile since you stayed there because of your schedule." Yoona said.

Taeyeon nodded. "Yeah... I'll head out now girls! Thanks for tonight!" She said as she walked off to her car, waving to them.

The girls waved back to her and bid their goodbyes. "Bye Taengoo! See you tomorrow!" Sunny said before getting inside Tiffany's car.

It's the last thing that Taeyeon heard as she finally entered her car. Sighing heavily, she was kinda thankful that the dinner was over. The girls did lighten up her mood in a way, but she just seems so tired that she just wants to sleep and end the day. Though that's not really the actual plan, but yeah.

She drove off the road. Her drive back to her apartment was rather fast as it may seem as it was late already and there were barely any cars at that time, hence the absence of any traffic.

Parking the car to the basement, she grabbed her things and went out of the car and into the building.

As she entered, the lady in the lobby who guards the building for the night gave her a nod and smile. She returned a small smile as a recognition before proceeding to the elevator and clicking her floor button.

If it hadn't for the ring indicating she's on her floor, she would've missed it as she busily reads their group chat where the girls are chatting as if the time they spent in the restaurant wasn't enough. Taeyeon could just shake her head and smile as the members diss each other like they usually do in the group chat.

Fishing the phone to her jacket pocket, she went out of the elevator and went to her apartment.

Entering the passcode, as it opened, Taeyeon wasted no time and went inside, closing the door behind her after.

Removing her shoes, she went to the living room and dropped her phone and car key on the center table before taking off her jacket and dropping it on the couch.

Taeyeon lied down on the couch and turned the TV on. She watched replays of reality shows as she stayed on the couch.

After almost an hour of watching TV, she decided it's finally time to clean a bit so she could sleep early. But before she could get off of the couch, her phone rang.

She reached for her phone on the table and was surprised to see Suho's name on the caller ID. She was thinking twice of she should answer it or not. But thinking that she couldn't just disregard Suho and the other members just because she and Baekhyun broke up, she clicked the green button. "Hello?"

"Noona, uh, hello!" Suho replied.

"Hi Suho, uh so what's the matter?" She asked, confused as to why he called her.

"Ah noona, I know this is probably not the right thing to do but..." He trailed off.

Taeyeon raised her brows. "But?" She asked.

"Can you pick up Baekhyun? He's really drunk and he's been mentioning, calling your name since forever." Suho answered.

Taeyeon was left speechless, surprised to what she just heard. Because all along, she thought he's mad at her. Whenever they'll be crossing each other's path or meeting each other because of the company, he would look away at her, not even a glance, and whenever she's around his mood would just be so low and bad as if he didn't like her presence near him.

"I know this is wrong and all, but I really do think that he needs you noona. So much." Suho added when Taeyeon said nothing.

Taeyeon opened to say something, but immediately closed it again. She couldn't decide. But then, before she could decline Suho's request, she heard Baekhyun, in the background, calling her name.

"Taeyeon... I miss you... Please..." His voice sounds so drunk but it's clear to her that it's his voice.

"Yeah, that's him... just throwing a fit again." Suho apologetically said to Taeyeon after Baekhyun spoke.

Taeyeon sighed heavily. "Text me where you guys are, I'll be off in five." She said and didn't even wait for Suho to respond. She wore her jacket back and reached for her car key on the table and went to the door to wear her shoes and in no time, she's out of her apartment and into the road, off to pick up Baekhyun.

As the roads are clear from cars at the time, it didn't take Taeyeon long to find the place as it is quite near to where they had their dinner earlier. Small world. She thought.

To avoid people and attention, she parked at the back of the restaurant and went in through the back door. Good thing she has a cap and a face mask on her car for emergency so she wore both so no one would recognize her.

As she entered, she asked a staff for EXO's rented room and the staff pointed the door with a number three placed on it. She thanked the staff before proceeding to the door.

As she stood in front of it, she took a deep breath before knocking on it.

The door then opened a few seconds after. "Noona, come on in!" Kai said, stepping aside to let her in. 

The sight of Baekhyun immediately welcomed Taeyeon. He's dead drunk on his seat. What have you done now Byun Baekhyun? She mentally asked. 

"I'm sorry for bothering you about this noona..." Suho then said to her. 

Taeyeon shook her head. "Don't worry." She assured him. She sighed heavily before wrapping the situation on her head. "Should we go now?" She asked them. 

Xiumin nodded. "It's getting late as well, it might be dangerous for you to drive on the road." 

Taeyeon sighed. "Okay then, can you guys help me bring in the car? I parked at the back." She said. 

"I'll carry her, noona." Sehun said. 

"Let me help you," Chanyeol followed. 

"We'll check the way," Chen said and immediately went out with Xiumin to check if people would be noticing them. 

After checking, they went back and signaled them to go already.

Chanyeol and Sehun then carry the drunk Baekhyun and followed Taeyeon out to the back. Taeyeon opened the passenger door wide for them. After placing Baekhyun gently on the seat, Taeyeon closed the door. 

"Noona, these are his things." Kyungsoo said, handling it to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon collected it from him. "Thanks," she said, giving a small nod and a small to him.

Before walking to her side of car, she turned to the guys and thanked them. "I'll just give you a call tomorrow about him." She said to Suho.

Suho nodded. "Thanks noona. Take care of him."

It hit her hard when he said 'take care of him' but she ignored it and smiled at them. "Thanks again. I'll go now." She said before entering her car.

As she saw the members entering the restaurant already, she turned to face Baekhyun who is asleep. She placed his things on his side before leaning in to pull the seatbelt strap to wrap him. As she finished, she looked at him again and sighed heavily. "I'm going to regret this after." She murmured to herself before starting the engine and hitting off the road back to her apartment.

As she parked her car again at the basement, that's when she realized the big problem of bringing a drunk Baekhyun to her apartment. How will she carry him upstairs? "Oh ," she uttered.

Entering the usual entrance of the building means she will be seen by the lady guarding in the lobby, yet there's also another entrance, which it leads you directly to the elevators but it requires you to enter the passcode. Taeyeon decided to choose the latter than having to deal with the lady in the lobby.

She turned and unbuckled Baekhyun's seatbelt and tried to wake him up. "Baek, Baek, wake up." She said.

Baekhyun just groaned and faced at the door.

"Baekhyun, wake up. It's time to get out of the car." Taeyeon said once again.

"Hm, Taeyeon, I want her," Baekhyun mumbled, eyes still closed.

Taeyeon sighed. "It's me, I'm Taeyeon." She replied.

"No, Taeyeon, I want Taeyeon," Baekhyun mumbled once again.

Taeyeon sighed once again, giving up. "Okay, alright, Taeyeon is upstairs, let's go to her." She said before getting out of the car and turning to the other side to open the door and get Baekhyun.

"Taeyeon? She's here?" He mumbled and asked.

"Yeah, yeah, let's go to her upstairs." Taeyeon said, pulling Baekhyun up from the seat.

Baekhyun, despite having his eyes still closed, let Taeyeon drag him out of the car.

Taeyeon pulled his arm over her shoulder and placed her other hand on his waist to guide him. "Oh goodness, I'm certainly going to regret this." She groaned in whisper so he wouldn't hear.

Closing the car door close, Taeyeon decided to leave their stuffs in the car for now. She dragged Baekhyun up to the other entrance and tried her hardest to enter the code without letting Baekhyun fall off from her.

After a good amount of time she spent just hitting the buttons, the door finally opened and she quickly dragged theirselves in and into the elevator near the door.

Taeyeon cannot almost imagine how she did but she did eventually reached her apartment carrying Baekhyn like that. Once inside, she went to her room and dropped him on the bed.

"Oh my god, what did I even get myself into?" She asked herself after.

Baekhyun felt comfortable on the bed after feeling it as he immediately hugged the closest pillow that he reached and lie comfortably.

Taeyeon just sighed witnessing the scene. Shaking her head, she went back out to go get their stuffs left in the car.

After doing so, she quickly went back to the apartment, anxious that something might be happening already inside after leaving a drunk guy there.

But when she entered, it's as silent as she left it minutes ago. Dropping their stuffs on the couch, she went back to her room only to see Baekhyun, sleeping soundly and peacefully on her bed.

A smile crept on her face as she stood there by the door, staring at him.

Noticing his clothes, she walked to her closet to grab some of the clothes he left in her apartment that was never taken even after the breakup. The clothes remained where they were since the first time she placed them and she never thought of getting rid of it, even if it pains her every time she sees it.

Grabbing a sweater and a pair of sweatpants, she placed the clothes on top of the bed near his feet and went to the bathroom and leaving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter